• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

football forum

Edouard Mendy Signs For Chelsea

Recommended Posts

He's alright, might bring the best out of Kepa. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tall, commands his box and is a great shot stopper. 

Everything Kepa isn't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

This Hazard money must be on the worlds longest elastic band. 

Maybe you should actually read what I replied to you last week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

This Hazard money must be on the worlds longest elastic band. 

See the source image

 

Great news really, now Kepa will need to up his game to be considered and our options are not so limited in that area... Mendy seems to have a good awareness for the likes of corners and free kicks coming for the ball rather than dawdling about in hesitation and that could save us a few goals across the season... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

This Hazard money must be on the worlds longest elastic band. 

Also... 

Chelsea spend big having already saved

Chelsea's chief negotiator Granovskaia is highly regarded for her ability to get a good deal, but there is no doubting the club has also benefited from a unique combination of factors this summer.

While every other club has been taking a more cautious financial approach because of the uncertainty surrounding coronavirus, Chelsea did their saving last summer thanks to a transfer ban - although they still paid £40m for Mateo Kovacic, who was already with them on loan.

Of course Russian billionaire owner Roman Abramovich is not short of a few roubles, but his spending has been in line with Financial Fair Play regulations, which were introduced in 2011 and will now be suspended for 12 months because of the pandemic.

Chelsea also banked money from selling Eden Hazard to Real Madrid in a deal that could exceed £150m, and have since received about £60m from Morata's move to Atletico Madrid.

So although Lampard was frustrated at failing to land any targets in January once the transfer ban was lifted, the delay has allowed him to strike while other clubs have been more cautious.

Nevin, who played for the Blues from 1983-1988, argues Chelsea's transfer policy might look "extreme" but is actually an "intelligent" one.

He adds: "If you equalise it over the two years, it's not a mad amount of money with the income from Hazard and Morata. Also, Chelsea weren't expected to reach the Champions League two seasons in a row, which makes a massive difference to their finances."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So basically because Chelsea received a transfer ban for breaking transfer rules, they have been allowed to stockpile the money and splurge it all the summer after? 

Seems fair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LFCMadLad said:

So basically because Chelsea received a transfer ban for breaking transfer rules, they have been allowed to stockpile the money and splurge it all the summer after? 

Seems fair.

Quite right. It also allows us to take advantage of the COVID  landscape considering many clubs aren't in a position to take the financial risk as we are. 

The transfer ban genuinely came at a time that's worked heavily in our favor in the long run. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Quite right. It also allows us to take advantage of the COVID  landscape considering many clubs aren't in a position to take the financial risk as we are. 

The transfer ban genuinely came at a time that's worked heavily in our favor in the long run. 

Chelsea haven't been punished at all. Embarrassing really. City and Chelsea constantly get away with murder. 

I think I'd be physically sick if I'd ever been born into supporting either. 

  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Chelsea haven't been punished at all. Embarrassing really. City and Chelsea constantly get away with murder. 

I think I'd be physically sick if I'd ever been born into supporting either. 

Comparing us to City in the wrongdoing stakes is like comparing Marlon Brando in the Godfather to Del Boy Trotter.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Comparing us to City in the wrongdoing stakes is like comparing Marlon Brando in the Godfather to Del Boy Trotter.... 

How? Chelsea are only where they are today because Roman came in when Chelsea were shit and blew everyone out of the transfer market?!

You don't make much money on attendances due to having a small capacity. Chelsea are nowhere near as big globally as say Utd, Liverpool etc yet seem to be able to spend as much money on transfers as you like?

Simular to City really accept they have a bigger stadium.

Chelsea have also found themselves in trouble for illegally poaching all the best youngsters from around the world before either using them or selling them on at massive profits.

Shithouse/lottery club.

Edited by LFCMadLad
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Chelsea haven't been punished at all. Embarrassing really. City and Chelsea constantly get away with murder. 

I think I'd be physically sick if I'd ever been born into supporting either. 

We received the same punishment Atletico and Barcelona received for committing the same act. How exactly did we get away with murder here? :what:

15 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

How? Chelsea are only where they are today because Roman came in when Chelsea were shit and blew everyone out of the transfer market?!

You don't make much money on attendances due to having a small capacity. Chelsea are nowhere near as big globally as say Utd, Liverpool etc yet seem to be able to spend as much money on transfers as you like?

Simular to City really accept they have a bigger stadium.

Chelsea have also found themselves in trouble for illegally poaching all the best youngsters from around the world before either using them or selling them on at massive profits.

Shithouse club.

As @Spike alluded to, you are underestimating just how much money the PL has. Sponsorships, TV deals, the fact we average a major trophy every season and the fact we sell players at a premium. Roman's influence is not nearly as it was in the mid 2000s. 

It seems you continue to dig into the narrative that we are allegedly on par with City and are cheating financially, without actually providing anything substantial. You know what they call those that complain without providing any solution? Whiners. 

You're whining on how we apparently got away with murder even though we served the same ban as Atletico and Barca did. 

You're whining on how much money we have, ignoring the other substantial factors that has us generate revenue at a tremendous level. 

You're now whining how we are better placed for COVID -19 than other clubs. 

Get a grip. Life's too short. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

So basically because Chelsea received a transfer ban for breaking transfer rules, they have been allowed to stockpile the money and splurge it all the summer after? 

Seems fair.

What else would they do with the money xDxD

If they've had a transfer ban why would they not save the money and spend it when they are allowed to? 

I know you hate the state of the game now but I don't get what you expect in this scenario and it's bit of a weird stance to take. 

Chelsea have money to spend and whilst I don't like it either, because of how vastly better their squad has become of it, it's not like they spent when they weren't allowed to? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

How? Chelsea are only where they are today because Roman came in when Chelsea were shit and blew everyone out of the transfer market?!

You seem to be put out by it all..... We could be here all day arguing the toss about it... 

And how far back do you want to go??? We started off talking about this transfer window and I think we have provided sufficient evidence that our spending has been well controlled and not some random irresponsible throwing around of cash... We did wrong and got a ban for which we served our time... Something that has actually worked out in our favour.. On the other hand City get a ban and they wiggle free of it and don't get punished.. Not a fair comparison really... Life is full of unfair things though 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were one of the first clubs to complain against City for breaching FFP xD

Why is it the only two clubs that can afford Messi don't have a European cup between them? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

How? Chelsea are only where they are today because Roman came in when Chelsea were shit and blew everyone out of the transfer market?!

You don't make much money on attendances due to having a small capacity. Chelsea are nowhere near as big globally as say Utd, Liverpool etc yet seem to be able to spend as much money on transfers as you like?

Simular to City really accept they have a bigger stadium.

Chelsea have also found themselves in trouble for illegally poaching all the best youngsters from around the world before either using them or selling them on at massive profits.

Shithouse/lottery club.

I don't think gate receipts are really a factor in premier league football finances, maybe thirty years ago or lower league teams but not the premier league. These teams makes such an astronomical sum from TV rights (the last was  £5BILLION! it breaks down to nearly £ 10,000,000 per game) and sponsorships I think it is a little naive pinning this current climate on owner cash injections. Do Chelsea still take cash from Arbamovic? Who knows, I doubt it these days with all the income the club generates; and they can spend it as well given that the club has no debt as it was written off in 2003. Nobody is denying that Abramovic started the gravy train in the early 00s, but in seventeen years a lot has changed, and billionaires don't become billionaires by spending all their money, there is no doubt in my mind there was always an idea to eventually make the club somewhat sustainable after a period of spending, I'm sure if you were a billionaire owning a club you'd want it to eventually generate it's own revenue; I think that only makes sense.

As someone that has lived internationally and knows many internationals, it is demonstrably false that Chelsea aren't as popular or as known as United and Liverpool. If you check out the social media numbers Chelsea is only behind a couple of teams in online reach and presence, and that is probably the only way of measuring something like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Spike said:

I don't think gate receipts are really a factor in premier league football finances, maybe thirty years ago or lower league teams but not the premier league. These teams makes such an astronomical sum from TV rights (the last was  £5BILLION! it breaks down to nearly £ 10,000,000 per game) and sponsorships I think it is a little naive pinning this current climate on owner cash injections. Do Chelsea still take cash from Arbamovic? Who knows, I doubt it these days with all the income the club generates; and they can spend it as well given that the club has no debt as it was written off in 2003. Nobody is denying that Abramovic started the gravy train in the early 00s, but in seventeen years a lot has changed, and billionaires don't become billionaires by spending all their money, there is no doubt in my mind there was always an idea to eventually make the club somewhat sustainable after a period of spending, I'm sure if you were a billionaire owning a club you'd want it to eventually generate it's own revenue; I think that only makes sense.

As someone that has lived internationally and knows many internationals, it is demonstrably false that Chelsea aren't as popular or as known as United and Liverpool. If you check out the social media numbers Chelsea is only behind a couple of teams in online reach and presence, and that is probably the only way of measuring something like this.

Of course gate receipts are a factor xD

Why do you think everyone bar a few clubs are being really catious. 

I think I read that we stand to lose well over £100m due to this virus in gate reciepts alone, which has hit us hard considering we are still paying for the stadium expansion and the merging of the training facilities.

If gate receipts didn't matter, nobody would expand their stadium. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

Of course gate receipts are a factor xD

Why do you think everyone bar a few clubs are being really catious. 

I think I read that we stand to lose well over £100m due to this virus in gate reciepts alone, which has hit us hard considering we are still paying for the stadium expansion and the merging of the training facilities.

If gate receipts didn't matter, nobody would expand their stadium. 

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44850888

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If fat Frank doesn't get top four at the very least, he will never get another job in management ever again. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

If fat Frank doesn't get top four at the very least, he will never get another job in management ever again. 

Anything less than a title challenge is a failure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

If fat Frank doesn't get top four at the very least, he will never get another job in management ever again. 

 

1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

Anything less than a title challenge is a failure

Are you two brothers or something??? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

 

Are you two brothers or something??? 

 

I'm not that old

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So is he taking Cabellero's spot on the bench or Kepa's spot in the starting lineup?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement