The better place to talk football.

Fikayo Tomori - Everton Loan

football forum

• The title was changed to Fikayo Tomori - Everton Loan
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Considering their other CB options, I think he should. I don't rate Mina and Keane/Tomori would be a good partnership. 

I'm surprised he didn't start more for Chelsea anyway.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Considering their other CB options, I think he should. I don't rate Mina and Keane/Tomori would be a good partnership. 

I'm surprised he didn't start more for Chelsea anyway.

Zouma + Tomori proved to be our best pairing. Havent the slightest idea why Christensen or Rudiger have been flogged off. 

• Subscriber

Holgate apparently has an injury for quite a few weeks. Tomori would likely get his fair share of games anyway over the season.

I don't really get why so many people don't rate Mina. He's similar to Keane except Keane has more peaks and troughs. Mina is decent, just gets injured far too often.

Holgate's current injury, Keane's inevitable dips in form and Mina's probably injuries mean we do need a 4th centre back and Tomori is likely to get that game time. Branthwaite did alright when he came in but he's too young and inexperienced that you'd drop an out of form senior defender for him and he's better off getting a season's football a division or two further down than watching from the sidelines as an emergency 4th choice.

This is a good move in my opinion. I'm pretty sure it was going to happen last summer but we didn't sign because we were trying to convince Chelsea to let us have Zouma instead. Tomori on loan was lined up for when we gave up. Then David Luiz happened and Chelsea ended up needing to keep both and our only option left on the table was Rojo which we rightly avoided. Luckily we more or less got away with not signing a centre back because Holgate had his breakthrough season.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.0a431c1c817e6e3c407ad62829c8d268.png

Edouard Mendy's imminent move to Chelsea is reportedly being held up by Rennes who have made a last-minute demand to include Fikayo Tomori in the deal.

Mendy is set to become the seventh signing in an extraordinary summer of spending for Chelsea after Sportsmail revealed at the weekend they had agreed a £25million fee with the Ligue 1 side.

But while the details are being finalised, Rennes are now hoping to receive Tomori in return as they look to squeeze a little more out of the west London club, according to French news outlet Telefoot. (Mail Online)Arrow.png.1a43163175f09390a5343d515f2f218b.png

• The topic was locked

Archived