talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Julian Draxler to Leeds?

football forum

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe this to be truth. Draxler? Surely not.

With the greatest respect, we have been linked to some big name players throughout this window of which I am sure many have been made up.

It stirs up the fanbase who get excited then watch them get deflated when we sign Harry Wilson for £20m from Liverpool.

I can't help but feel using our name sells stories, especially as we are hot property having gone back up and have Bielsa. Realistically I don't see how we'd attract him.

But it does show how relevant we still are. Not lost our appeal amongst the journalists.

8 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I can't believe this to be truth. Draxler? Surely not.

With the greatest respect, we have been linked to some big name players throughout this window of which I am sure many have been made up.

It stirs up the fanbase who get excited then watch them get deflated when we sign Harry Wilson for £20m from Liverpool.

I can't help but feel using our name sells stories, especially as we are hot property having gone back up and have Bielsa. Realistically I don't see how we'd attract him.

But it does show how relevant we still are. Not lost our appeal amongst the journalists.

Re: Harry Wilson, I think our journalists have confirmed you’re interested - but they seem to indicate that Villa are closer to signing him. So maybe you’re looking at some bigger name targets first, like Draxler?

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Re: Harry Wilson, I think our journalists have confirmed you’re interested - but they seem to indicate that Villa are closer to signing him. So maybe you’re looking at some bigger name targets first, like Draxler?

We are long term admirers. We wanted him two years ago before he went to Derby on a loan but he went there instead. Obviously last season Bournemouth had him so we moved on but we've always liked him.

The other day, it was rumoured we'd agreed a deal that would only go through after this weekend's game but that must be bullshit.

I think Harry Wilson is our 'back up' option now if we can't get de Paul. This Draxler thing feels a bit too surreal for me although our owner does have good relations with PSG and has been a guest at their games on quite a few occasions.

8 minutes ago, Lucas said:

We are long term admirers. We wanted him two years ago before he went to Derby on a loan but he went there instead. Obviously last season Bournemouth had him so we moved on but we've always liked him.

The other day, it was rumoured we'd agreed a deal that would only go through after this weekend's game but that must be bullshit.

I think Harry Wilson is our 'back up' option now if we can't get de Paul. This Draxler thing feels a bit too surreal for me although our owner does have good relations with PSG and has been a guest at their games on quite a few occasions.

I think Wilson's a bit expensive for a lot of clubs in a post-covid world, tbh. He's got an incredible shot on him... but other than that... I think there's a lot of room for him to improve as a player. He's just not as young as... you'd think for a "kid coming through"... but there's still plenty of time for him to improve.

It's just a bit weird for him now because I think he's good enough to play in the top flight in some capacity... but he needs matches to develop more as a player... but he's not good enough to play regularly for us (or really be anything other than a super-sub if we need a goal... but even then... there are a lot of players ahead of him in the pecking order) but too good for the reserves. He's always had the potential. It's just getting a bit late for him to get the experience he needs to make it with us... and if he waits too much longer, he's not going to be someone a top flight team can rely on for regular first team football.

Draxler is a hot topic right now, with rumors about Arsenal, Bayer, and Leeds are coming in. 

I absolutely love Draxler and would certainly love to see him back in the Bundesliga, but Leeds would be good also. 

• The topic was locked

Archived