• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Bundesliga Sack Race

Recommended Posts

I know the season hasn't even begun yet. Still, why should we predict the first manager to be sacked only when it's rather obvious which one it'll be? Was in a spiteful mood today and checked the odds for Buli managers to be sacked.

In order of assumed probability:

David Wagner   3/1

Peter Bosz/ Markus Gisdol/ Heiko Herrlich   5/1 each

Lucien Favre/ Florian Kohfeldt/ Bruno Labbadia/ Pellegrino Materazzo   7/1 each

Achim Beierlorzer/ Uwe Neuhaus   10/1 each

Urs Fischer/ Sebastian Hoeneß/ Adi Hütter   15/1 each

Oliver Glasner   20/1

Christian Streich   25/1

Hans-Dieter Flick/ Julian Nagelsmann/ Marco Rose   50/1 each

 

Bit surprised Streich got that short odds, as I'd say every other Buli manager is far more likely to be sacked, and i'm expressly including Flick and Nagelsmann here. Disappointed with the short odds Wagner got, wanted to to put a few bucks on him.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/09/2020 at 16:22, Eco said:

Easy. Wagner. 

So I was spot on with this prediction like 99% of other people. 

Now that Mainz has fired their manager, who will be the 3rd sacking of the year? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Eco said:

So I was spot on with this prediction like 99% of other people. 

Now that Mainz has fired their manager, who will be the 3rd sacking of the year? 

Gisdol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, nudge said:

Gisdol.

I thought about him for obvious reasons, but what about Glasner? Wolfsburg have exactly been looking good and are already out of the Europa League. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Eco said:

I thought about him for obvious reasons, but what about Glasner? Wolfsburg have exactly been looking good and are already out of the Europa League. 

Think he's not in that much danger at the moment. Wolfsburg have been missing quite a few players with injuries, that surely will give him some leeway. But if they fail to start winning in the league soon enough, then surely there will be pressure on him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, nudge said:

Think he's not in that much danger at the moment. Wolfsburg have been missing quite a few players with injuries, that surely will give him some leeway. But if they fail to start winning in the league soon enough, then surely there will be pressure on him.

I'm just curious if Wolfsburg lose Weghorst (which has been rumored), then I'd be worried about Glasner's role. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Eco said:

I'm just curious if Wolfsburg lose Weghorst (which has been rumored), then I'd be worried about Glasner's role. 

In what sense? Because you think Wolfsburg will struggle to win without Weghorst, and that will end Glasner?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nudge said:

In what sense? Because you think Wolfsburg will struggle to win without Weghorst, and that will end Glasner?

In the sense that Wolfsburg has struggled early to score, and losing their best strikers without a replacement could doom them even further. Not that I think it will happen, but it certainly could. 

What do you suppose is the job security for Florian? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Eco said:

In the sense that Wolfsburg has struggled early to score, and losing their best strikers without a replacement could doom them even further. Not that I think it will happen, but it certainly could. 

What do you suppose is the job security for Florian? 

If they sell Weghorst, then I'd expect them to get a replacement for him before the transfer market shuts... If they don't, then it's surely Schäfer's fault, not Glasner's? But sure, if the struggle, the trainer is usually the first one to go, so it certainly could happen. 

In case of Kohfeldt, hard to say. Don't think he'll survive another relegation battle, but as long as we're getting points and not losing 10 matches in a row, he's likely safe. Don't think we can afford sacking him and appointing some new manager, anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glasner has openly criticised Wolfsburg's transfer policy today and said he's very frustrated that they didn't sign an attacking player despite them discussing it for months. Schmadtke said he's disappointed with Glasner complaining to the media, and especially with the timing of it. Looks like we might have another sacking soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement