talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Raised by Wolves (HBO Max)

football forum

• Subscriber

Thought it deserves its own thread.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9170108/

Directed by Ridley Scott. I only watched two episodes so far, but can already say that it is by far the most original sci-fi in recent years if not decades. Brilliant cinematography, high production value, great music and acting, fascinating world building, both cerebral and rich on action, but most importantly, a very original plot with refereshingly new ideas and execution; something that I didn't really expect after watching the trailer so it is a nice surprise. In short, if you love good sci-fi, do yourself a  favour and start watching it!

@Bluewolf is it just me or do you also get the vibes of the old scifi stories in the old Heavy Metal? Moebius, Bilal, Jodorowsky, etc. I think it's the imagery and surreal storyline that reminds me of their works, or maybe the novelty factor that was similar.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, nudge said:

Thought it deserves its own thread.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9170108/

Directed by Ridley Scott. I only watched two episodes so far, but can already say that it is by far the most original sci-fi in recent years if not decades. Brilliant cinematography, high production value, great music and acting, fascinating world building, both cerebral and rich on action, but most importantly, a very original plot with refereshingly new ideas and execution; something that I didn't really expect after watching the trailer so it is a nice surprise. In short, if you love good sci-fi, do yourself a  favour and start watching it!

@Bluewolf is it just me or do you also get the vibes of the old scifi stories in the old Heavy Metal? Moebius, Bilal, Jodorowsky, etc. I think it's the imagery and surreal storyline that reminds me of their works, or maybe the novelty factor that was similar.

The landscapes do... I get a Prometheus feel to it as well.. 

I have watched up to episode 3 now. Where are you up to?? 

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

The landscapes do... I get a Prometheus feel to it as well.. 

I have watched up to episode 3 now. Where are you up to?? 

Finished Episode 2 tonight, will watch the next one tomorrow! :D 4 & 5 will be released on Thursday, so I want to catch up until then! 

• Subscriber
Just now, Bluewolf said:

Yea, I was a bit annoyed they were not all out together... xD

At this point, I actually like it, because otherwise you'd have already finished the whole season xD

• The title was changed to Raised by Wolves (HBO Max)
  • Subscriber

I actually just started watching the latest season of Vikings again because im bored. Though it hasnt been good for probably near two full seasons I was subjecting myself to that shite anyways. I may have found a reason to bail out. Thanks nudge!

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

I actually just started watching the latest season of Vikings again because im bored. Though it hasnt been good for probably near two full seasons I was subjecting myself to that shite anyways. I may have found a reason to bail out. Thanks nudge!

Do it! 

Five episodes in, and I still maintain that it's one of the most original concepts in recent years. Absolutely not being able to tell what happens next in every episode, rich backstory which is being revealed piece by piece, and every twist or new discovery fits into the story naturally. Very refreshing, and the novelty factor fascinates me. Also the aesthetics are just mesmerising... See a lot of influences of the sci fi classics, like Metropolis (certain visuals), Dune and Battlestar Gallactica (certain story lines, especially the religious angle). It's polarising, weird, nuanced and very ambitious, and I don't remember any recent sci-fi work (whether a novel, movie, or a show) that felt as original as this. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

How are you doing this and not tagging me in??? 

I think we are due a bit of a fall out at this rate..

I am a busy man, I need tagging.. not in the criminal sense though :ph34r:

I would have... once I watched it myself :D 

Archived