talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football in Albania and Montenegro

football forum

Hi guys

I'm going to Albania and Montenegro from 24/9 to 28/9, but do you know if they allow people to the stadiums during COVID-19? I have tried to Google this everywhere, without any luck. I have emailed the Football Association without receiving any reply, so I hope you can help me out here.

Thank you

Chris

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Diego161080 said:

Hi guys

I'm going to Albania and Montenegro from 24/9 to 28/9, but do you know if they allow people to the stadiums during COVID-19? I have tried to Google this everywhere, without any luck. I have emailed the Football Association without receiving any reply, so I hope you can help me out here.

Thank you

Chris

N O NO. Think it's only Belarus that didn't stop it's league because of the virus and not sure they still allowed people in.

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Berserker said:

N O NO. Think it's only Belarus that didn't stop it's league because of the virus and not sure they still allowed people in.

Quite a few leagues start allowing fans to attend now, most in limited capacity though. Austria, France, some clubs in Germany, the Baltic countries, to name a few.

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Quite a few leagues start allowing fans to attend now, most in limited capacity though. Austria, France, some clubs in Germany, the Baltic countries, to name a few.

Really?, huh, have heard nothing of it. And surprises me of France and Germany that have had a recent rise in daily active cases from what i have heard.

2 minutes ago, Diego161080 said:

This is also what I have found out via several links and here in Denmark we have clubs with up to 10.000 people to enter, but I was hoping there were someone from Montenegro or Albania in here, who might know how it is there.

The closest we have is a Serbian trans' rights activist @True Blue.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Berserker said:

Really?, huh, have heard nothing of it. And surprises me of France and Germany that have had a recent rise in daily active cases from what i have heard.

Yes, Austria allows a few thousand fans, depending on the situation in different regions. So some clubs are allowed to have 10000 fans attending, while some others are limited to 5000 etc. France has a limit of 5000 fans in stadiums at the moment, unless the local authorities give the permission to increase the number, I believe. In Germany, the decision is made by the local authorities in each Bundesland, so some clubs will start the season with a few thousands in the stands, while some others will still have to play behind close doors. In Lithuania, there's no limit but mask wearing is compulsory. Hungary allows fans too, I think.

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Diego161080 said:

This is also what I have found out via several links and here in Denmark we have clubs with up to 10.000 people to enter, but I was hoping there were someone from Montenegro or Albania in here, who might know how it is there.

I think Albanian football clubs are currently boycotting their matches due to a conflict with the government, so the season might not start in general. Montenegro doesn't allow fans at the moment, apparently. This article lists all the countries that allow and don't allow fans: https://peterlinden.live/oesterreich-ist-die-nummer-eins-so-laeuft-es-mit-den-fans-in-europa/

9 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yes, Austria allows a few thousand fans, depending on the situation in different regions. So some clubs are allowed to have 10000 fans attending, while some others are limited to 5000 etc. France has a limit of 5000 fans in stadiums at the moment, unless the local authorities give the permission to increase the number, I believe. In Germany, the decision is made by the local authorities in each Bundesland, so some clubs will start the season with a few thousands in the stands, while some others will still have to play behind close doors. In Lithuania, there's no limit but mask wearing is compulsory. Hungary allows fans too, I think.

Good to know, here wearing a mask is also compulsory, difference being that's it's for everything and in turn they also don't let you do anything. xD

Thanks for your replies guys. It's very helpful to at least get an indication. I see the article is from 28/8, but it's likely that it will still count.

Guess I will need to try my best to sneak into the stadiums in Montenegro and then hope that Albania will start.

Archived