talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

U20 World Cup 2017; ENGLAND ARE WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Group A

South Korea

Argentina

England

Guinea

Group B

Venezuela

Germany

Vanuatu

Mexico

Group C

Zambia

Portugal

Iran

Costa Rica

Group D

South Africa

Uruguay

Italy

Japan

Group E

France

Honduras

Vietnam

New Zealand

Group F

Ecuador

United States

Saudi Arabia

Senegal

LaSambaDeStGermain's picks for players to watch

Yangel Herrera (Venezuela)

Yefferson Soteldo (Venezuela)
Adalberto Peñaranda (Venezuela)
Wuilker Fariñez (Venezuela)

Lee Seung Woo (South Korea)

Lautaro Martinez (Argentina)

Santiago Ascacibar (Argentina)

Marcelo Torres (Argentina)

Sheyi Ojo (England)

Ademola Lookman (England)

Edson Alvarez (Mexico)

Ronaldo Cisneros (Mexico)

Randall Leal (Costa Rica)

Nicolas de la Cruz (Uruguay)

Rodrigo Amaral (Uruguay)

Joaquin Ardaiz (Uruguay)

Nicolas Schiappacase (Uruguay)

Rodrigo Bentancur (Uruguay)

Allan Saint-Maximin (France)

Bryan Cabezas (Ecuador)

Pervis Estupiñañ (Ecuador)

Joao Rojas (Ecuador)

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Venezuela are the favourites to win this tournament for me. Who would have thought we would ever say "venezuela are the favourites for a tournament" in history? Its different this time. They have some superb talent. Yefferson Soteldo and Adalberto Peñaranda among the top. The latter is way too good for U20 level.

Uruguay are another one of the favourites. The winners of the U20 tournament and won it deservedly.

Don't have much faith in Argentina or Ecuador but they could surprise.

France are another. The Europeans could surprise but for the most part they're more bothered about the U21 Euros. We'll see.

The ref is a fucking useless corrupt prick, should have carded the English defender for a reckless tackle but he didn't, then he carded one of us midfielders for a play that possible wasn't even a foul, fucking bastard.

A good start for Venezuela. I hope they can go on to have an excellent tournament. It's nice to see them having so many exciting and talented young players at their disposal. I stuck a small amount of money on them to win this tournament, at odds of 20/1. 

The Uruguayan squad looks stacked with talent as well. As I've said before, it's amazing how with a population of about 3.5 million people they can keep churning out so many talented players. 

South Korea score a second but VAR decided its not a goal. Seriously bore off with this fucking VAR bollocks. That looked a goal to me. Looked past the line but not completely which in that case, its not out.

VAR will completely kill the game. 

Paik Seungho with the 3rd and this is wrapped up. Guinea have been terrible but I've been well impressed by this South Korea side. Intelligent on and off the ball. Tactically aware and very composed.

3 hours ago, Anton said:

Disgrace we didn't even make this. Something wrong with our juniors. Vanuatu came close I read! Fuuuck.

I think you guys haven't qualifed for any U20 or U17 World Cup ever since you have joined AFC 

South Africa 1-0 up against Japan currently. Iran 0-0 against Costa Rica. Both 30 minutes gone.

Zambia with a 2-1 win over Portugal earlier.

Iran beat Costa Rica 1-0. Got up to watch one of the 2 games and I chose that. Costa Rica had more posession but didn't make it count. Iran scored their goal in a very defensive game and that was that. This Shekari on Rostov looks good. 

Uruguay beat Italy 1-0. De La Cruz missed a penalty but Amaral got a goal later on to win the game. Uruguay are my second favourites for this competition, so I expect them to also get far.

Didn't see any matches today. Was going to catch Vietnam vs New Zealand but didn't wake up in time for it. It ended 0-0 which is a good point for Vietnam to be fair to them. Neither side will have a huge impact on the tournament but I do rate NZ a bit higher than the former.

Ecuador drew 3-3 with USA. France with a predictable 3-0 win over Honduras and Senegal beating Saudi Arabia 2-0.

I look forward to todays matches. Venezuela begin against Vanuatu, England take on Guinea, South Korea vs Argentina and Mexico vs Germany.

Venezuela, England, South Korea and draw between Mexico and Germany for me tonight.

Turned on England vs Guinea a few minutes ago. Surprised by the game to be honest. Its 1-1 and its Guinea running rings around the English. Just lacking that finishing touch. The winner of this will be interesting if there is one.

Just saw Guinea's goal against England. What a blooper from the English defence and keeper xD

Jules Keita off injured. Been an impressive player for Guinea in these first 2 games so this is definitely a worry for them.

Finishes 1-1. That Calvert-Lewin looked good for England. Not a great result for them as they have to take on a very good South Korea side next. If Argentina wins later then they could be in trouble.

Venezuela won 7-0. Still my favourites to win the tournament but I'm not reading anything into this as it was against Vanuatu.

South Korea currently 2-0 up against Argentina. This team is absolute class. Lee Seung Woo is a talent. He's showing why Barcelona have bought him.

South Korea with a 2-1 win over Argentina. I stopped watching at the 65th minute because of college but South Korea are class. Very intelligent, and tactically aware team. Lee Seung Woo had another stormer. What a talent he is.

Argentina have been embarrassing but I didn't expect much of them. They shouldn't have even qualified to begin with.

• Administrator
4 hours ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Turned on England vs Guinea a few minutes ago. Surprised by the game to be honest. Its 1-1 and its Guinea running rings around the English. Just lacking that finishing touch. The winner of this will be interesting if there is one.

Just saw Guinea's goal against England. What a blooper from the English defence and keeper xD

Jules Keita off injured. Been an impressive player for Guinea in these first 2 games so this is definitely a worry for them.

3 hours ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Finishes 1-1. That Calvert-Lewin looked good for England. Not a great result for them as they have to take on a very good South Korea side next. If Argentina wins later then they could be in trouble.

Venezuela won 7-0. Still my favourites to win the tournament but I'm not reading anything into this as it was against Vanuatu.

England bossed the first 20 and should have capitalised on good football and good chances to go ahead. Guinea then got settled in the game and as you say, Keita did shine until he got injured.

I was disappointed with Adam Armstrong. Had 3 clear chances where he should have done much better and taken Guinea out of the game. As it was, he spurned them and England will be ruing it today even though they'll still most likely qualify.

I was impressed with Lookman for most of the game. 

That Calvert-Lewin looked good for England.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

The boys.

41 minutes ago, Stan said:

England bossed the first 20 and should have capitalised on good football and good chances to go ahead. Guinea then got settled in the game and as you say, Keita did shine until he got injured.

I was disappointed with Adam Armstrong. Had 3 clear chances where he should have done much better and taken Guinea out of the game. As it was, he spurned them and England will be ruing it today even though they'll still most likely qualify.

To be fair, as much as Guinea kept running past the defenders they showed little composure or technique in the final third. Had it not been for that hilarious blooper by the keeper, Guinea weren't going to score otherwise.

Archived