talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

U20 World Cup 2017; ENGLAND ARE WORLD CHAMPIONS!

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must say I had a proper laugh looking at the Venezuela highlights. The goalkeeper Fariñez took the penalty for the 4th goal. It was also a piss take when they took off Peñaranda and replaced him with Soteldo. Taking off tired legs for a player just as good. Ridiculous attacking depth.

The games tomorrow and my predictions

Zambia vs Iran (iran)

South Africa vs Italy (South Africa)

Costa Rica vs Portugal (Costa Rica)

Uruguay vs Japan (Uruguay)

I'll probably watch Iran if I can get up for it and Uruguay. Iran have a few canny and interesting players. Specifically that Shekari who is plying his trade in Russia. Uruguay I didn't get to see last time around so I'll give them a look here. I won't be able to watch the full 90 because of college but definitely at least 65 minutes.

Iran has been solid defensively in these opening 2 games. Hard to break down and concentrated. They do well to take their chances too. 

Half time and its still 1-0 to them over Zambia

Zambia have turned it around. 3-2 now for the African side. Zambia have been playing well the whole game but the Iran defence was solid and all of the sudden fell asleep this half. Zambia's second was fire.

Scenes after the third goal

Zambia are in the knockouts and more than likely will finish top of the group. Won 4-2 in the end with some stunning goals (particularly the second). Fair play, Iran on the other hand are a good side but they fell asleep for 20 minutes and it costed them the game. Overall though they are very solid defensively. Very good anticipation from most of their players and well timed tackles.

Italy beat South Africa 2-0 in the other game.

So they just played Chile's anthem instead of Uruguay's. Just like last year in the Copa America vs Mexico... come on they don't sound similarly at all. How hard can it be to get right xD

21 minutes ago, Storts said:

0 out of 2 so far for Libby today 

I got 3 out of 4 yesterday so it seems I've used my quota :|

Anyways, Uruguay are 1-0 up against Japan. Been an even game but its noted how much more quality Uruguay have thus why they lead. Costa Rica 1-1 with Portugal at the moment in the other game.

This 15 year old for Japan is class. Kubo I think is his surname. This game is quality, of the ones I've seen its the best of the tournament. There is just chance after chance.

Atletico Madrid's Schiappacase's goal.

Uruguay won 2-0 over Japan in what looked like it would end in a draw but Mele stepped up in net. Japan ran out of steam near the end but still troubled the defenders somewhat. With that, Los Charruas are through. Schiappacase is class. 

Costa Rica drew 1-1 with Portugal. Ruben Dias got sent off.

France should take a straightforward victory tomorrow against Vietnam. I don't know much about them but I'm not having that they'll beat France.

Ecuador should also win tomorrow vs Saudi Arabia. While I don't have much faith in this Ecuador side, I'd tip them to beat Saudi Arabia who didn't impress too much against Senegal. Ecuador should secure their passage to the knockouts tomorrow, only thing to be determined is if they will go through as top 2 or as best 3rd.

New Zealand vs Honduras... partidazo xD

In fairness, I will probably give this one a watch. A few of New Zealands players have interested me. Particularly that Bevan who just recently moved to Vancouver and finished top scorer of the OFC U20's. Hard to predict this one though. Kiwi's were apparently outplayed by Vietnam and had it not been for horrendous finishing, they would have lost or at least conceded the first goal. Honduras are usually dreadful in these tournaments so I'll go ahead and say a New Zealand win.

Senegal vs USA will be a draw for me. Don't know much about either to comment though. 

• Administrator

started watching France vs Vietnam but got annoyed with the crowd. Go quiet when France have the ball and go crazy when Vietnam have the ball. Fucking annoying xD 

• Administrator
Just now, Cannabis said:

Mute it? :)

It was similar when Tahiti played in the Confederations Cup, whoever scored against them was booed vigorously xD.

nah need some kind of atmosphere when watching any game xD

I'm really looking forward to the Venezuela-Mexico game tomorrow, it should be a lot of fun. This Venezuela team are great to watch. At senior level the Mexico-Venezuela group game at last year's Copa America Centenario was one of the best of the tournament and was so end to end. 

Nice to see Uruguay looking good as well. With the senior team Tabarez has obviously done an excellent job by taking them to a World Cup semi-final and Copa America title, but it recent times it has frustrated me how he's been too loyal to older players who have been out-form and not regulars for their clubs, at the expense of picking and playing a few more of the exciting young players available to him. He continued to pick Lugano and Forlan for instance when they were clearly past it, and at least year's Copa America he definitely should selected more younger players in his squad. 

35 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I'm really looking forward to the Venezuela-Mexico game tomorrow, it should be a lot of fun. This Venezuela team are great to watch. At senior level the Mexico-Venezuela group game at last year's Copa America Centenario was one of the best of the tournament and was so end to end. 

Nice to see Uruguay looking good as well. With the senior team Tabarez has obviously done an excellent job by taking them to a World Cup semi-final and Copa America title, but it recent times it has frustrated me how he's been too loyal to older players who have been out-form and not regulars for their clubs, at the expense of picking and playing a few more of the exciting young players available to him. He continued to pick Lugano and Forlan for instance when they were clearly past it, and at least year's Copa America he definitely should selected more younger players in his squad. 

Its not just that though, he just long balls it to Suarez and Cavani now and relies too heavily on set pieces. They've been outrageously lucky in these set of World Cup qualifiers. One of the best teams in the world on paper but completely behind tactically.

I must say these commentators are beginning to annoy me. Can't pronounce any of the names right and get basic and simple information wrong.

Yesterday "Bentancur came into the Uruguay squad late, had a few things to do with his club RIVER PLATE"

And mispronounciations like Bueino or Yose.

I must admit, as much as I expected Ecuador to win, it doesn't surprise me to see them about to lose to Saudi Arabia. It seems even at U20 level they don't do well to handle the pressure of playing in a tournament. 

Hopefully they turn this around.

Superb chance created by Ecuador saved by Saudi Arabia's keeper and then saves the rebound!

"Cabeshas" hahahahahaha xD

Saudi Arabia go 2-0 off a superbly executed counter. That kills the match. Can see Ecuador go out now as I think they'll lose to Senegal.

Saudi Arabia beat Ecuador 2-1. Not the expected result but hardly earth shattering either given Ecuador's record at tournaments in recent times. At all levels.

In the other match, France beat Vietnam 4-0. Straightforward victory as I said it would be. This group is a walk in the park for them compared to whats ahead.

Archived