talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

U20 World Cup 2017; ENGLAND ARE WORLD CHAMPIONS!

• Subscriber

Tell you what that is some call if they do win it.

Can't believe it's England's first world cup final at any level for 51 years. A great effort from them and it bodes well.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A win-win final as far as I'm concerned. I of course will be supporting England and it would be fantastic if they could win this tournament. But if they lose I would be delighted for Venezuela and it would be an amazing success for the historically weakest member of CONMEBOL. 

I can't wait for the match. 

1 hour ago, Machado said:

Video-referee's biggest drawback highlighted in this clip... the subjectivity of each decision in a match.

That's not even subjective though. The touch on the shoulder doesn't change the momentum of the attacker and it's a blatant dive with no touch. How they've watched a replay and come up with that decision is beyond me.

Video assistance doesn't help against referees who don't know the rules and it doesn't help against corruption either. Unfortunately decisions like this are rather the rule than the exception at these U-tournaments and don't forget about the FIFA world cups.

[Insert one of the many of Brazil's games from 2014 here]

https://vid.me/Ruiu

Video assistance is a step in the right direction, but it won't solve all the problems.

I literally have been up since 6 yesterday and I'm watching this.  No naps, no sleeps. Literally a night long party and now my house is in a mess. That aside, hope this is a Venezuela win.

1 minute ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

I literally have been up since 6 yesterday and I'm watching this.  No naps, no sleeps. Literally a night long party and now my house is in a mess. That aside, hope this is a Venezuela win.

I predict you will be asleep by the 24th minute :ph34r:

Archived