talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

U20 World Cup 2017; ENGLAND ARE WORLD CHAMPIONS!

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Made up with this result, partially for England because that's obviously a great achievement for the boys but mostly for the Everton involvement. Really exciting to see the potential of so many of our young lads, particularly Kenny and Lookman who could be like new signings next season (I know Lookman sort of is) if they can break into the first team. 

Holgate, Kenny, Davies, Dowell, Lookman, Calvert-Lewin :England:.

• Subscriber

Onomah was top drawer, ran the show from the middle of the park. Best player on the pitch today - although Woodman deserved man of the match for his penalty save. 

Not sure many of this team will go on to the top level to be honest, but great achievement none the less 

Ha, Harv was right. I only reached until minute 30 then I passed out. Hosting a house party until 4:30 am before this wasn't a good idea :P

Shame Venezuela couldn't win but in some ways, they still did given they are historically the whipping boys of South America and now they reached the U20 WC final after years of work. All this talk of the USA being a future football powerhouse when Venezuela has obviously progressed more.

I would say England were deserved winners of this tournament though. It's proven that not all English managers are dinosaurs as he's gotten this side to play football I wouldn't imagine for England. While I still think La Vinotinto have better players, I think the better football was played by the 3 lions.

Congrats to all of them here.

8 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Ha, Harv was right. I only reached until minute 30 then I passed out. Hosting a house party until 4:30 am before this wasn't a good idea :P

xD Haha, I've fell asleep during enough football matches to know what I'm talking about B|

4 hours ago, Storts said:

Onomah was top drawer, ran the show from the middle of the park. Best player on the pitch today - although Woodman deserved man of the match for his penalty save. 

Not sure many of this team will go on to the top level to be honest, but great achievement none the less 

I agree and only because they don't get enough minutes at the top level to prove themselves, most of these players will be shipped out on loan and they move on when their current teams spent multi-millions on foreign replacements.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Danny said:

No but they basically are

Not at all. All in the context of excitement for our future as they play for us now. Nobody is waxing lyrical about our academy, just our young players. 

14 minutes ago, Danny said:

Everton celebrating an u20 World Cup where two of the best "Everton" lads didn't come through their academy xD

Correct. A success for the real academy of football, USM Finch Farm. 

17 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Forgot you're only allowed to celebrate if the players in question were born within a mile radius of the home ground. We've scouted Calvert-Lewin and Lookman before they've both turned 20 which our scouting team deserves praise for, despite what you want to believe it's us that will give them the opportunity to become top footballers as they wouldn't have had that at lower league level. 

Same for Wayne Rooney at United but he's still not one of theirs

16 hours ago, Cannabis said:

That's a ridiculous comparison. Rooney spent two years in the top flight with us and was considered at the time the ''next big thing in England''. To compare him in his teenage years to Calvert-Lewin or Lookman is bizarre.

It's not really. You can offer more to Lookman or Calvert-Lewis than what their clubs could. Much like United could offer Rooney what you couldn't. It's the same concept

Archived