talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

U20 World Cup 2017; ENGLAND ARE WORLD CHAMPIONS!

40 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Its not just that though, he just long balls it to Suarez and Cavani now and relies too heavily on set pieces. They've been outrageously lucky in these set of World Cup qualifiers. One of the best teams in the world on paper but completely behind tactically.

I haven't watched as many of Uruguay's qualifiers as you will have done, but from what I've seen you're 100% right. 

He is holding the team back in terms of tactics and selections, and isn't getting the best out of the players at his disposal. It is frustrating.  

I have to admit that at the start of the qualification campaign I predicted that they wouldn't make it to Russia next year, but then again most of my predictions are terrible.

It's a shame that Ecuador have struggled at this tournament. As you said their senior team often fail to deliver at Copa Americas so their younger players are following in their example. I love all things Ecuadorian after falling in love with the place during my 2 week holiday there earlier this year, and that includes a soft spot for their NT. 

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ashworth gets a goal for New Zealand to double the lead! Off a set piece. That Honduras keeper wasn't positioned well. 2-0. 

Good goal from Josh Sargent. It seems that the USA have a bright future ahead of them. Lets not forget about Pulisic.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Good goal from Josh Sargent. It seems that the USA have a bright future ahead of them. Lets not forget about Pulisic.

There are reports that we have actually signed him (the deal would go through once he's 18 though), although the club hasn't confirmed it so far. At any case, he was in Bremen for talks already and trained with Schalke earlier, seems to be Bundesliga bound.

15 minutes ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Ecuador and Argentina ffs xD the overall level of conmebol is way down, youth and senior. You take out Brazil and teams like USA, Costa Rica, and Mexico  easily be on top of conmebol. 

The levels of delusion, I can't handle them.

36 minutes ago, nudge said:

There are reports that we have actually signed him (the deal would go through once he's 18 though), although the club hasn't confirmed it so far. At any case, he was in Bremen for talks already and trained with Schalke earlier, seems to be Bundesliga bound.

Can't say I know too much about him but the Americans are hyping him up a lot and I'm talking about the actual knowledgeable fans who would be like Oliveandblue. Germany is usually a good destination for Americans.

EDIT: I just referred to Sargent as "them" twice. My English can't be this distracted xD

17 hours ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Ecuador and Argentina ffs xD the overall level of conmebol is way down, youth and senior. You take out Brazil and teams like USA, Costa Rica, and Mexico  easily be on top of conmebol. 

That's retarded, only reason we're not doing well in this tournament is because the AFA was in shambles and without a president for the last couple years and they rushed when they appointed Ubeda, not to mention he has only been there for a couple months and the players not even for half a year.  Nobody expected anything from this team so it's not a surprise we're doing badly.

Even so we could have easily beaten England as we completely dominated most of the game, specially in the first half, we just couldn't score and they scored in the only chances they had,  probably because our keeper is shite.

But our senior squad is miles above all those teams and most probably will always be, we'd trash you like we always did and like we did to the US last year.

6 minutes ago, Berserker said:

That's retarded, only reason we're not doing well in this to tournament is because the AFA was in shambles and without a president for the last couple years and they rushed when they appointed Ubeda, not to mention he has only been there for a couple months and the players not even for half a year.  Nobody expected anything from this team so it's not a surprise we're doing badly.

Even so we could have easily beaten England as we completely dominated most of the game, specially in the first half, we just couldn't score and they scored in the only chances they had,  probably because our keeper is shite.

But our senior squad is miles above all those teams and most probably will always be, we'd trash you like we always did and like we did to the US last year.

And that just about proves why us latinamericans hate the Mexican national team. Mexico, USA and Costa Rica are at Paraguay's level at best.

Just now, LaSambadeStGermain said:

And that just about proves why us latinamericans hate the Mexican national team. Mexico, USA and Costa Rica are at Paraguay's level at best.

Speak for yourself. I don't hate them, i couldn't care less about them, neither do most Argentinians.

Just now, Berserker said:

Speak for yourself. I don't hate them, i couldn't care less about them, neither do most Argentinians.

May be just a thing over there then. Most Peruvians I know absolutely detest them.

4 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

May be just a thing over there then. Most Peruvians I know absolutely detest them.

There's a lot of fights on Youtube and the likes and thousands of them go to videos about us to talk shit and are paid with the same coin. But they're not our rivals like Brazil, England or Germany are.

New Zealand beat Honduras 3-1. Deserved win as New Zealand looked much more dangerous on the break while Honduras consistently misplaced passes and didn't do well going forward at all. That should seal the Kiwi's place in the next round.

USA also won. 1-0, with the Sargent goal that I linked above.

1 minute ago, Toony said:

I've not seen any of this but I'm off tomorrow so I will watch the England game.

Do we have to win to qualify or is a draw enough?

You have 4 points, so you're essentially through. Even if Guinea beat Argentina by a big scoreline and finish 2nd, chances are you'll go through as best 3rd anyways.

I'm also watching that game tomorrow. I'm a huge fan of this South Korea side.

3 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

You have 4 points, so you're essentially through. Even if Guinea beat Argentina by a big scoreline and finish 2nd, chances are you'll go through as best 3rd anyways.

I'm also watching that game tomorrow. I'm a huge fan of this South Korea side.

Ah right, cheers.

Was unaware that they put some third placed sides through.

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Toony said:

I've not seen any of this but I'm off tomorrow so I will watch the England game.

Do we have to win to qualify or is a draw enough?

win and finish top (above South Korea)

draw enough to qualify in 2nd

lose and hope Guinea don't overturn a 6-goal deficit (England on +3 GD; Guinea on -3 GD).

However, if that final permutation does happen, we could still qualify as one of the best 3rd place teams. 

Venezuela wins 1-0 over Mexico. Completely superior side throughout the 90 minutes defensively and offensively and finish top with 9 points and 3/3 victories. Peñaranda the best for La Vinotinto while Antuna was the one that looked best for El Tri.

In the other game, Germany beat Vanuatu 3-2. Honestly I can't tell what is going on in this group. Have Mexico or Germany been poor or is Vanuatu better than we think? Could be a mix in all honesty.

Fair play to them.

Next games, South Korea vs England and Guinea vs Argentina. Both in an hour.

• Administrator

Germany made that difficult. Should have been a convincing win and spurned loads of chances in the 1st half before eventually scoring.

Archived