talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

U20 World Cup 2017; ENGLAND ARE WORLD CHAMPIONS!

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Toony said:

So who's England's most likely last 16 opponents? Costa Rica?

Costa Rica or Japan most likely. Although if Vietnam beat Honduras by 4 goals, they'll be in the running too.

Costa Rica, Japan and Vietnam are all in 3rd in their groups.

Costa Rica on 4 points (already qualified). Japan on 3 but currently losing their last game to Italy. Vietnam on 1 point, -4 GD and play Honduras next in their last group game. 

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Costa Rica or Japan most likely. Although if Vietnam beat Honduras by 4 goals, they'll be in the running too.

Costa Rica, Japan and Vietnam are all in 3rd in their groups.

Costa Rica on 4 points (already qualified). Japan on 3 but currently losing their last game to Italy. Vietnam on 1 point, -4 GD and play Honduras next in their last group game. 

Cheers.

I had a look at the Wikipedia page but I'm unsure how they allocate the third place teams into the draw.

5 minutes ago, Toony said:

So who's England's most likely last 16 opponents? Costa Rica?

Yeah, it will be either them or Japan/Italy/Honduras/Vietnam.

At the moment, its looking like its going to be Costa Rica.

However, if Vietnam manage to win by 4 tomorrow, then it will be Vietnam.

If Italy and Japan draw, then Italy will be your opponents. Its currently 2-1 in favour of Italy. If Japan turn it around then we're back at Costa Rica I believe.

Who do you want? Vietnam. Avoid? Italy.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Yeah, it will be either them or Japan/Italy/Honduras/Vietnam.

At the moment, its looking like its going to be Costa Rica.

However, if Vietnam manage to win by 4 tomorrow, then it will be Vietnam.

If Italy and Japan draw, then Italy will be your opponents. Its currently 2-1 in favour of Italy. If Japan turn it around then we're back at Costa Rica I believe.

Who do you want? Vietnam. Avoid? Italy.

just said that mate. keep up. :ph34r: 

What a goal by Ritsu Doan. Poor defending by that last man on Italy but I'd still have it as one of the goals of the tournament.

FT

South Africa 0-0 Uruguay

Japan 2-2 Italy

Uruguay will take on Germany most likely. Off chance that it will also be Honduras/Vietnam or Saudi Arabia/Senegal/USA

Italy will take on France/New Zealand, it will more than likely be France.

Japan will play Venezuela if Saudi Arabia and Vietnam both fail to win tomorrow. Otherwise it will be Argentina.

Here are all the knockouts so far.

South Korea vs Portugal, Venezuela vs Japan and England vs Costa Rica are confirmed.

If Saudi Arabia and Vietnam fail to win tomorrow then it will be

South Korea vs Portugal

Uruguay vs Germany

Venezuela vs Japan

USA/Senegal vs NZ/France

France/NZ vs Italy

Zambia vs Argentina

Mexico vs USA/Senegal

England vs Costa Rica

If Saudi Arabia win tomorrow and Vietnam lose

South Korea vs Portugal

Uruguay vs Ecuador/Senegal/USA

Venezuela vs Japan

Saudi Arabia/Senegal vs NZ/France

France/NZ vs Italy

Zambia vs Germany

Mexico vs Ecuador/Senegal/USA

England vs Costa Rica

If Saudi Arabia draw tomorrow and Vietnam lose

South Korea vs Portugal

Uruguay vs Ecuador/Senegal/Saudi Arabia

Venezuela vs Japan

USA/Senegal vs NZ/France

France/NZ vs Italy

Zambia vs Germany

Mexico vs Saudi Arabia/Ecuador/Senegal

England vs Costa Rica

If Saudi Arabia lose but Vietnam wins

South Korea vs Portugal

Uruguay vs Vietnam

Venezuela vs Japan

USA vs France/NZ

France/NZ vs Italy

Zambia vs Germany

Mexico vs Senegal/Ecuador

England vs Costa Rica

Those are a few possible combinations.

Looks like we need Saudi Arabia to lose and Vietnam not to win in order to qualify. Vietnam shouldn't be able to beat Honduras but the yanks could easily let themselves be fucked by their mates the Arabs in order for them to go through, i don't know, hope they prove me wrong.

Just now, Cannabis said:

@LaSambadeStGermain  - is Renato Sanches playing for Portugal (and if so how is he doing)?

No mate, I believe he is being reserved for the U21 Euros. Similar to how Rashford and Mbappe are. The Europeans usually send weaker squads to this tournament but they are often still very talented.

5 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Looks like we need Saudi Arabia to lose and Vietnam not to win in order to qualify. Vietnam shouldn't be able to beat Honduras but the yanks could easily let themselves be fucked by their mates the Arabs in order for them to go through, i don't know, hope they prove me wrong.

USA need to avoid defeat to top the group. However a draw will still eliminate Argentina.

Just now, Toony said:

When do the knockout rounds start then?

I'm very keen to watch the England games but have little to no interest in watching any others.

England will play next wednesday on the 31st.

3 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

No mate, I believe he is being reserved for the U21 Euros. Similar to how Rashford and Mbappe are. The Europeans usually send weaker squads to this tournament but they are often still very talented.

USA need to avoid defeat to top the group. However a draw will still eliminate Argentina.

Think we're going out, teams always arrange in order to fuck us over, like Lithuania and Croatia did in the last Basket Olympics.

Just now, Berserker said:

Think we're going out, teams always arrange in order to fuck us over, like Lithuania and Croatia did in the last Basket Olympics in order to fucks us over.

Actually, I'm wrong. If USA draw and Senegal win then Senegal will top the group. 

I'm making a few mistakes but with so many possible combinations in my head its natural xD

2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Further mistakes may lead to a temporary suspension.

You have been warned. 

Alright Fidel Castro mate ;) 

Awful scheduling for the games tomorrow. I suppose it won't be too much of a struggle for Kiwis and the Vietnamese. The French may or may not struggle with an 8 AM kick off time. Ecuadorians and Americans on the other hand, will struggle with the 4 AM kick off time.

Going for Honduras, France, Senegal and USA wins.

Allan Saint-Maximin scores to give France the lead! What a goal. Cut into the edge of the box and shot from outside. What technique he showed to get the goal.

Great goal from Saint-Maximin, I won't call it the goal of the tournament as I feel like I'm saying that with every goal but definitely a great effort!

TAKE A BOW SAINT-MAXIMIN.

Scores his second from the wing, and that looked an intentional shot rather than a cross.

2-0 for France. After a sloppy start, they've taken control. The crowd in love with Allan.

Myer Bevan by a mile the best Kiwi player in this tournament. Has looked dangerous time and time again and its no different here. 

10 minutes left in both. France still leading 2-0 and will be setting up a match vs Italy. Honduras also leading 1-0, so Argentina are a match away from sealing their place in the last 16. They just need Saudi Arabia to lose.

Archived