talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Mendez-Laing Sacked by Cardiff

We have sacked (not mutual agreement) Mendez-Laing and while we have not said the reasoning behind it, it is apparently due to an alleged breach of contract. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54084263

I've heard an early rumour as to why he was sacked but I think with this sort of thing, it's not something I can post on here. 

EDIT: Forgot to mention that he's apparently deleted his social media accounts as well, which could indicate how serious it could be. 

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Do we actually know why yet?

Warnock loves giving the 'troubled' players a second chance though. And because of that, he usually gets something out of them.

He also signed Yannick Bolasie and Neskens Kebano so they definitely fancy a push for a playoff spot 

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Warnock loves giving the 'troubled' players a second chance though. And because of that, he usually gets something out of them.

He also signed Yannick Bolasie and Neskens Kebano so they definitely fancy a push for a playoff spot 

No idea. Other than hearing that the reasoning wasn't apparently police related, your guess is as good as mine. The fact that neither the player or the PFA have mentioned anything about it suggests the sacking was the correct one at that time. 

Warnock will know him well enough as he signed Mendez for us originally. 

18 hours ago, Lucas said:

Yeah, he's definitely got a way with players. He gave so many players heading nowhere a new lease of life with us. Third choice Goalkeeper Julian Speroni being the most high profiled.

Colin Kazam Richards said he pretty much owes the most successful part of his career to him. After randomly signing for Sheffield United following his disastrous spell at Brighton, he sat the player down and told him that everybody he had spoken too told him not to touch him with a barge poll. So now he has a choice, he either puts his head down and becomes a millionaire in his early twenties or he can end up in the conference in a couple of years. Then he just left him to it.

Archived