• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Liverpool 4-3 Leeds - Saturday 12th September, 2020

Recommended Posts

Kick-off 17.30 (BST)

Live on Sky Sports

155.png     VS     1200px-Leeds_United_F.C._logo.svg.png

Head to Head Record:
Liverpool - 58 
Draws - 30
Leeds - 27

Last Meeting:
29/11/2016 - Liverpool 2-0 Leeds (EFL Cup)

Last Fixture:
25/10/2003 - Liverpool 3-1 Leeds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

@Lucas

giphy.gif

 

 

And yes, I was very tempted to use this logo for you...

2018-leeds-united-LOGO-DESIGN.png

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a horrific start for Leeds. 

Don't think they will have any chance here, but I don't seem them getting creamed either. 

3-1 is my prediction. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was 8-0 to Liverpool when I had them as my first game of the season on my Football Manager save. I can't see Liverpool winning by that much. I think it'll be a tight one as Leeds will want to show they mean business whilst Liverpool will also have a point to prove as well that they can fight to defend their title.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Leeds will get points here, tails will be up and Liverpool have been poor for months now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cor, you wait 16 years for a match thread to be made in the Premier League and then you're nowhere to be seen. 

Clearly not that bothered about Leeds getting back to the big time...

tenor.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have a strong track record at home. We won't beat them by some kind of massive score so I am going with a 2-0 to us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

We have a strong track record at home. We won't beat them by some kind of massive score so I am going with a 2-0 to us.

Hopefully Leeds put up more of a fight against Liverpool than Norwich did on the first day last season. 

I think you'll win but Leeds will make you work hard for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stan said:

Hopefully Leeds put up more of a fight against Liverpool than Norwich did on the first day last season. 

I think you'll win but Leeds will make you work hard for it.

I don't think we'll be disappointed. I doubt this Leeds team will capitulate at all. I just think we'll have a better team to start this game with than we did the Community game. As much as I like Neco, having Trent back in his position will be a big boost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stan said:

Hopefully Leeds put up more of a fight against Liverpool than Norwich did on the first day last season. 

Fuck that, I hope Leeds put up less of a fight than Norwich did. I hope everyone puts up less of a fight than Norwich whenever they play us, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually think it's to Liverpool's advantage they play us now.

We would have been a much tougher opponent if this was in two weeks time with more friendlies under our belt, the new guys integrated into the team and the lads fitness much higher.

We really could have done without those internationals as believe it or not, we had more people from our first XI away than Liverpool. It's been ok for them with the likes of Mane, Salah and Firmino not having to go away.

But it is what it is and we'll go with what we've got. We'll feed off pure adrenalin and desire. It's the first game and they will be buzzing. So much so, they all agreed to put in an extra evening session tonight at Elland Road so they are pumped.

Do not expect the new boys to start. We will play pretty much the first choice XI from last season because that is how Marcelo works.

The only difference being we have lost Ben White and that is massive shoes to fill. That is the area that worries me especially with the way their front three combine.

We are getting the hardest game out the way first and it's basically a free hit. I never accept losing well but I accept it's different gravy now and we are the underdog. I just hope we show some of our qualities and make it hard for them, no stupid freebies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I actually think it's to Liverpool's advantage they play us now.

We would have been a much tougher opponent if this was in two weeks time with more friendlies under our belt, the new guys integrated into the team and the lads fitness much higher.

We really could have done without those internationals as believe it or not, we had more people from our first XI away than Liverpool. It's been ok for them with the likes of Mane, Salah and Firmino not having to go away.

But it is what it is and we'll go with what we've got. We'll feed off pure adrenalin and desire. It's the first game and they will be buzzing. So much so, they all agreed to put in an extra evening session tonight at Elland Road so they are pumped.

Do not expect the new boys to start. We will play pretty much the first choice XI from last season because that is how Marcelo works.

The only difference being we have lost Ben White and that is massive shoes to fill. That is the area that worries me especially with the way their front three combine.

We are getting the hardest game out the way first and it's basically a free hit. I never accept losing well but I accept it's different gravy now and we are the underdog. I just hope we show some of our qualities and make it hard for them, no stupid freebies.

I actually think International duty will have helped the players get match sharpness to be honest. Our front 3 haven't been away and in all honesty have looked flat pre season, especially Salah. 

This could be the best time to play us!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no doubt that Leeds make the brighter start, concede out of nothing, go 3-0 down on around the hour, they get a fairly late consolation and it ends 3-1. No point even playing the game. It's already happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

One of those fixtures where no matter what the result is someone is coming back down to earth with a bang 

Its only one game mate xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Its only one game mate xD

Doesn't matter. The way many go on they're likely to get a lesson. Obviously not the negative ones who set their bar as low as possible no matter what.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Leeds could do ok here... They will be well hyped up for their first game of the season... 

Across the 90 minutes I think Liverpool will have a little too much for them and will take the points but can't see Leeds rolling over at all... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

Doesn't matter. The way many go on they're likely to get a lesson. Obviously not the negative ones who set their bar as low as possible no matter what.

I just think its the first game of the season, match sharpness isn't there, new players needing time to adapt etc etc. 

I dont think either team will come 'crashing down', win, lose or draw. Its hardly make or break.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

I just think its the first game of the season, match sharpness isn't there, new players needing time to adapt etc etc. 

I dont think either team will come 'crashing down', win, lose or draw. Its hardly make or break.

It's not you though. It's not the team either. It's fans including neutrals of a certain hyping up opinion. There's so many views out there wildly for either way in this game that someone's opinion is going to get burnt and a dose of realism. It's unavoidable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

It's not you though. It's not the team either. It's fans including neutrals of a certain hyping up opinion. There's so many views out there wildly for either way in this game that someone's opinion is going to get burnt and a dose of realism. It's unavoidable. 

Fair enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is the un-written rule that promoted teams always win the first game up, they may lose every other game, but it is just is that way, rulez is rulez.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ooft, that's some lineup. strongest XI in world football for me.

liverpool not bad either :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, that was quick.  Tough handball, I know it looks like he is putting his arm out, but it looked to me like the ball was driven at the defenders arm.  Game over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, binder said:

There is the un-written rule that promoted teams always win the first game up, they may lose every other game, but it is just is that way, rulez is rulez.

Doesn't happen that often really, not when they have an elite side first game. If they get a mid table side at home then yeah they often sneak a win because of the occasion that they'd struggle to replicate in an average game.

This handball rule needs to go. Yeah he's stuck his arm out but do they want players to play in strait jackets to avoid ever handling the ball? It came off his knee first ffs there was no way he could have avoided it "but by the letter of the law" yes I know but the law is dumb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement