Kick-off 17.30 (BST)

Live on Sky Sports

155.png     VS     1200px-Leeds_United_F.C._logo.svg.png

Head to Head Record:
Liverpool - 58 
Draws - 30
Leeds - 27

Last Meeting:
29/11/2016 - Liverpool 2-0 Leeds (EFL Cup)

Last Fixture:
25/10/2003 - Liverpool 3-1 Leeds

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

It was 8-0 to Liverpool when I had them as my first game of the season on my Football Manager save. I can't see Liverpool winning by that much. I think it'll be a tight one as Leeds will want to show they mean business whilst Liverpool will also have a point to prove as well that they can fight to defend their title.

• Administrator

Cor, you wait 16 years for a match thread to be made in the Premier League and then you're nowhere to be seen. 

Clearly not that bothered about Leeds getting back to the big time...

tenor.gif

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

We have a strong track record at home. We won't beat them by some kind of massive score so I am going with a 2-0 to us.

Hopefully Leeds put up more of a fight against Liverpool than Norwich did on the first day last season. 

I think you'll win but Leeds will make you work hard for it.

• Subscriber
Just now, Stan said:

Hopefully Leeds put up more of a fight against Liverpool than Norwich did on the first day last season. 

I think you'll win but Leeds will make you work hard for it.

I don't think we'll be disappointed. I doubt this Leeds team will capitulate at all. I just think we'll have a better team to start this game with than we did the Community game. As much as I like Neco, having Trent back in his position will be a big boost.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Fuck that, I hope Leeds put up less of a fight than Norwich did. I hope everyone puts up less of a fight than Norwich whenever they play us, though.

I actually think it's to Liverpool's advantage they play us now.

We would have been a much tougher opponent if this was in two weeks time with more friendlies under our belt, the new guys integrated into the team and the lads fitness much higher.

We really could have done without those internationals as believe it or not, we had more people from our first XI away than Liverpool. It's been ok for them with the likes of Mane, Salah and Firmino not having to go away.

But it is what it is and we'll go with what we've got. We'll feed off pure adrenalin and desire. It's the first game and they will be buzzing. So much so, they all agreed to put in an extra evening session tonight at Elland Road so they are pumped.

Do not expect the new boys to start. We will play pretty much the first choice XI from last season because that is how Marcelo works.

The only difference being we have lost Ben White and that is massive shoes to fill. That is the area that worries me especially with the way their front three combine.

We are getting the hardest game out the way first and it's basically a free hit. I never accept losing well but I accept it's different gravy now and we are the underdog. I just hope we show some of our qualities and make it hard for them, no stupid freebies.

13 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I actually think it's to Liverpool's advantage they play us now.

We would have been a much tougher opponent if this was in two weeks time with more friendlies under our belt, the new guys integrated into the team and the lads fitness much higher.

We really could have done without those internationals as believe it or not, we had more people from our first XI away than Liverpool. It's been ok for them with the likes of Mane, Salah and Firmino not having to go away.

But it is what it is and we'll go with what we've got. We'll feed off pure adrenalin and desire. It's the first game and they will be buzzing. So much so, they all agreed to put in an extra evening session tonight at Elland Road so they are pumped.

Do not expect the new boys to start. We will play pretty much the first choice XI from last season because that is how Marcelo works.

The only difference being we have lost Ben White and that is massive shoes to fill. That is the area that worries me especially with the way their front three combine.

We are getting the hardest game out the way first and it's basically a free hit. I never accept losing well but I accept it's different gravy now and we are the underdog. I just hope we show some of our qualities and make it hard for them, no stupid freebies.

I actually think International duty will have helped the players get match sharpness to be honest. Our front 3 haven't been away and in all honesty have looked flat pre season, especially Salah. 

This could be the best time to play us!

• Subscriber

There is no doubt that Leeds make the brighter start, concede out of nothing, go 3-0 down on around the hour, they get a fairly late consolation and it ends 3-1. No point even playing the game. It's already happened.

44 minutes ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

Doesn't matter. The way many go on they're likely to get a lesson. Obviously not the negative ones who set their bar as low as possible no matter what.

I just think its the first game of the season, match sharpness isn't there, new players needing time to adapt etc etc. 

I dont think either team will come 'crashing down', win, lose or draw. Its hardly make or break.

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

I just think its the first game of the season, match sharpness isn't there, new players needing time to adapt etc etc. 

I dont think either team will come 'crashing down', win, lose or draw. Its hardly make or break.

It's not you though. It's not the team either. It's fans including neutrals of a certain hyping up opinion. There's so many views out there wildly for either way in this game that someone's opinion is going to get burnt and a dose of realism. It's unavoidable. 

5 minutes ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

It's not you though. It's not the team either. It's fans including neutrals of a certain hyping up opinion. There's so many views out there wildly for either way in this game that someone's opinion is going to get burnt and a dose of realism. It's unavoidable. 

Fair enough. 

• The title was changed to Liverpool 4-3 Leeds - Saturday 12th September, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived