• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 4-3 Leeds - Saturday 12th September, 2020

football forum

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, MUFC said:

Liverpool started looking dodgy at the back when Gomez started playing more games then Matip.

I don’t think that’s true tbh.

But we look dogshit at the back right now, that’s for sure. Never going to win anything this season if we keep defending like that, this is shambolic.

• Subscriber

Remember last season when Norwich came here and got rimmed 19-0 and everyone was like they'll surprise people, they're so brave, so bold, because they dicked 8 men beyond the ball and didn't score?

This is what an competent football team that actually might surprise people this season plays like in these circumstances.

Just now, RandoEFC said:

Remember last season when Norwich came here and got rimmed 19-0 and everyone was like they'll surprise people, they're so brave, so bold, because they dicked 8 men beyond the ball and didn't score?

This is what an competent football team that actually might surprise people this season plays like in these circumstances.

Being fair to Norwich, I don’t think their goals against us came from such shambolic defending as this.

2 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I did say a while ago that I thought liverpool may burn out this season a possibly finish outside the top 4. Long way to go but this is an early sign 

I don't think they will retain the Title this season either... They will be there or there abouts but repeating last seasons levels won't be matched.. City for me this year

2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I don't think they will retain the Title this season either... They will be there or there abouts but repeating last seasons levels won't be matched.. City for me this year

Even city couldn't keep it up for 3 years. I dont think they will drop out the top 4 but it wouldn't surprise me if they did if you know what I mean

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I did say a while ago that I thought liverpool may burn out this season a possibly finish outside the top 4. Long way to go but this is an early sign 

Outside the top four seems like a bit of a mad shout. I can see City finishing above them but don't forget how far behind Chelsea, United and the rest have been the last two seasons.

• Subscriber
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Seems like bullshit to me

Well it kind of is because you see it let go all the time but Oliver is looking at it and you can even see in the replay hes waiting to blow the whistle. Still think we win this one.

2 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Even city couldn't keep it up for 3 years. I dont think they will drop out the top 4 but it wouldn't surprise me if they did if you know what I mean

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Outside the top four seems like a bit of a mad shout. I can see City finishing above them but don't forget how far behind Chelsea, United and the rest have been the last two seasons.

I agree any lower than second/third would be a bit of a stretch for them currently, but it was a strange finish and a strange start to the season, no pre-season games, no crowds and all these things like home atmosphere/fitness levels matter across the course of the season, not only that but they set such a great pace I just can't see them keeping that momentum going for another season... A good cup run somewhere for sure... 

39 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I agree any lower than second/third would be a bit of a stretch for them currently, but it was a strange finish and a strange start to the season, no pre-season games, no crowds and all these things like home atmosphere/fitness levels matter across the course of the season, not only that but they set such a great pace I just can't see them keeping that momentum going for another season... A good cup run somewhere for sure... 

I think it depends sort of on how long fans are out of stadiums. For some clubs it doesn’t matter, but for us I think we’re very much a club that is motivated by atmosphere.

Clubs like City are used to playing in front of nobody, so it doesn’t make a difference to them. But for other clubs it’s massive.

• The title was changed to Liverpool 4-3 Leeds - Saturday 12th September, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived