Draws - 18
Southampton - 43

Last Meeting:
21/01/2020 - Crystal Palace 0-2 Southampton

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

Mitro doesn't start for Fulham. Batshuayi now doesn't start for Palace. What a shit start to fantasy football :4_joy:

Two clubs asking to be relegated on day 1

If you're picking those two strikers in the first place you've got to question the fantasy gaffer I'd say 👀

• The title was changed to Crystal Palace 1-0 Southampton - Saturday 12th September, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

That surprised me to be honest. I had 2 - 0 Southampton with Ings, Adams, Redmomd and Ward-Prowse dictating the entire game.

Special mention to Dann and Kouyate who I thought were excellent as a makeshift back two. Tyrick Mitchell didn't put a foot wrong either and will hopefully give Roy a reason to keep relying on young players. Ebere Eze looks like a player ill quickly fall in love with too.

Stroke of genius to put James McCarthy up against the shithouse James Ward-Prowse. You can tell McCarthy loved that. It wasn't even a battle.

Happy for Wilf to get his goal too. He needs a good start if he's to get his move and he's done that. If Everton have the funds they should be all over him. Richarlison on the left, Wilf on the right, James behind DCL. Theyll be set for years @RandoEFC

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

That surprised me to be honest. I had 2 - 0 Southampton with Ings, Adams, Redmomd and Ward-Prowse dictating the entire game.

Special mention to Dann and Kouyate who I thought were excellent as a makeshift back two. Tyrick Mitchell didn't put a foot wrong either and will hopefully give Roy a reason to keep relying on young players. Ebere Eze looks like a player ill quickly fall in love with too.

Stroke of genius to put James McCarthy up against the shithouse James Ward-Prowse. You can tell McCarthy loved that. It wasn't even a battle.

Happy for Wilf to get his goal too. He needs a good start if he's to get his move and he's done that. If Everton have the funds they should be all over him. Richarlison on the left, Wilf on the right, James behind DCL. Theyll be set for years @RandoEFC

Eze is class. Needs a supportive environment to flourish. 

Wilf to Everton - Bolasie 2.0?

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Special mention to Guaita as well?

That save from Adams' half-volley in 2nd half was quality.

5 minutes ago, Batard said:

Eze is class. Needs a supportive environment to flourish. 

Wilf to Everton - Bolasie 2.0?

Based on FLS highlights over the last three seasons he's really reminded me of a Wilfried Zaha prior to our boom. He has all the raw attributes to be moulded in to something special. Hopefully it happens for him here.

I feel for Bolasie to be honest as that injury took out his pace which was his main attribute to flourish. Everton never have and never will see the best of him. I was very surprised he turned down Celtic last summer as that would have been the perfect place for him to prolong his career.

• Subscriber
46 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I actually hope we stay away from Zaha. Great player but I'm already uneasy about the money we've spent again this summer and I'd rather see us try to make the money we've spent on Iwobi go further rather than just giving up on him after one season.

The comparisons to Bolasie aren't that relevant for me. I wasn't that impressed with him before his injury but it's unfair to say he definitely wasn't good enough based on that. The wisdom behind that signing was questionable as I don't think he ever reached proper consistency even at Palace. Zaha is a better and more consistent player, also better suited to the way the game has moved on in the last decade. If you look at wide players now they mostly play as inside forwards and cut inside. To be effective as an out and out winger now is very difficult. 

There's also the question of whether going to Everton is a big enough step up for Zaha to be arsed leaving. On one hand, it doesn't look like anyone else is interested, so maybe that's what's on the table for him. Still though, we haven't proved anything in the last few years other than that we're a totally average mid table side with an unbalanced squad. Signing Ancelotti, James and Allan makes us seem a bit better and it should make us better but we could easily finish 9th again this season.

Archived