• Created
  • Last Reply

Trying to guess line up.

Darlow

Manquillo - Lascelles - Fernandez - Lewis

Hendrick - Hayden - Shelvey - ASM

Almiron 

Wilson

If Shelvey not fit then Hendrick in the middle and Ritchie on the wing. Would like to see Sean Longstaff start personally, many people want him in #10 role. Has Lampard like qualities.

My preferred attack is Almiron and ASM on the wings, Longstaff off Wilson.

• The title was changed to West Ham 0-1 Newcastle - Saturday 12th September, 2020
  • The title was changed to West Ham 0-2 Newcastle - Saturday 12th September, 2020
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

And so it begins :ph34r:

It's been chatted about on twitter for a couple of weeks, with the question being can Bruce do it, if we don't it's likely him because the depth of players are there for sure. Fraser, Ritchie, Longstaff and Almiron on the bench. 

We should be looking at 8th-12th.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

It's been chatted about on twitter for a couple of weeks, with the question being can Bruce do it, if we don't it's likely him because the depth of players are there for sure. Fraser, Ritchie, Longstaff and Almiron on the bench. 

To be fair you seem to have added in positions where you needed strengthening. Not sure about the defence but the fact you needed to score more goals and now have Wilson who's a proven goalscorer in this league is a good start. 

Fraser, when not injured, is threatening. The pace you have with him, ASM and Almiron maybe top 10 isn't such a bad shout...Wouldn't be so disappointed even if it ends up just outside though.

34 minutes ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

We should be looking at 8th-12th.

Where he belongs @Eco

46 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Decent opening result for Toons... I think Wet Spam are relegation fodder this season, well, at least I hope they are... 

Could be a coincidence but I thought we'd win based on the way the two teams came out. West Ham's mentality is poor.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

Could be a coincidence but I thought we'd win based on the way the two teams came out. West Ham's mentality is poor.

I thought the same in the second half. They have too many midfielders just happy to stroll around. Antonio is the only one who looks like he wants to take the game by the scruff of the neck. I'd be fuming at that body language if I was a fan. 

2-3 more performances like that and I can see Moyes getting the boot. They want someone more box office anyway but they couldn't risk sacking him after keeping them up and it not working out again without giving him a chance.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived