10/03/2018 - West Brom 1-4 Leicester 

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
32 minutes ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

I need fantasy help @Dan @Stan

1. Will Castagne start?

2. Will you keep a clean sheet with all of those defensive injuries?

1. Sorry to be so useless but I'm very 50/50. He's never trained with the squad, but he should be match fit. It's either going to be him or Luke Thomas at left back, Luke Thomas a youngster who finished the season in the team.

2. Probably not but I'm contradicting myself, I've put 0-0 for our game as I can see it being a totally crap game, though we are playing Ndidi at centre half. It's anyone's guess really. No result would surprise me in this game.

• Administrator
59 minutes ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

I need fantasy help @Dan @Stan

1. Will Castagne start?

2. Will you keep a clean sheet with all of those defensive injuries?

I don't think he'll start but will play some part. 

I'm very doubtful of keeping a clean sheet. In terms of value, may be better off going with Justin. With Pereira out he'll probably play all games at RB/RWB but even then, I'm not hopeful of many clean sheets... 

• Subscriber

I think we'll go...

Schmeichel

Justin - Ndidi - Soyuncu - Thomas

Mendy

Tielemans - Praet

Perez - Vardy - Barnes

Defence is pitiful and how we've let this happen on the opening day is ridiculous, but so be it, here we are. The team won't be far off that I don't think. Castagne possibly but like I said to Harvey he's not even trained with the squad. I can see him coming on as a sub but not starting.

Our record at The Hawthorns is excellent but Vardy really seems to feed off winding their fans up for some reason. It kind of just happened once, then again, and then it's become a thing that happens every time he plays there. Nobody to rustle this time though.

Their fans were somehow even less optimistic on the polls than ours. That can't be based on nothing. That's the main thing giving me any hope for this. We've not won away since bloody new years day.

• Subscriber

We had a pretty good phase from about the 25th minute to the 40th but other than that it's been a pretty painful game. Harvey Barnes my friend, stop shooting straight at the fucking goalkeeper man. I actually cannot believe the consistency he does it. He'd be rivalling Vardy numbers if he could finish.

Justin is worrying me. Been caught out a few times and on a booking.

Perez just isn't good enough.

Castagne's making good runs, he looks a player good at the basics, often not being picked out though - you would blame rustiness but he's got two international team mates in the midfield. I'm surprised how infrequently they're hitting him.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Seeing Vardy get treatment just has me think if Vardy is out for any long amount of time Leicester are probably totally fucked

I really think this summer is one where we need to invest in a potential replacement like Edouard. Don't see it though now.

Just now, Dan said:

I really think this summer is one where we need to invest in a potential replacement like Edouard. Don't see it though now.

As you know, I am not a believer in Brendan... so my worry for you would be you don’t have your talisman and all of a sudden Rodgers absolutely loses his mind. Weird tactics, panic buying... ya know, shit fans hate.

I know it’s probably ignorant to assume Rodgers can’t grow, and I thought he had before last season... then I saw that collapse last season.

And tbf any manager at Leicester would love Vardy and struggle a bit without him. I’ve literally just said “Leicester might be fucked without their best player” xD you could switch any club into that sentence, then switch Vardy to that club’s best player.

And Leicester’s key man wins a penalty and scores it.

I hope WBA and Fulham aren’t up for more than a year. So thank you Leicester for making this look like it’ll be a routine win.

• Administrator

Vardy matching the Van Nistelrooy record for scoring in consecutive games at the same opposite. He did it 5 times against Newcastle and Vardy now has 5 in a row at West Brom. 

• Administrator
Just now, Dan said:

Vardy goal and it's 0-2. That's got to be three points now. We badly needed this. Just see this through now, no funny bullshit.

Vardy cups his ear at an empty stand xD

I didn't even spot the pullback on Vardy xD

Was screaming at Barnes to square it! 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived