The better place to talk football.

West Brom 0-3 Leicester City - Sunday 13th September, 2020

football forum

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

2 penalties in one half! They were both legit, like yesterday... but watch how much fume this doesn’t catch compared to yesterday xD

Because we rarely cheat to get them :ph34r:

• Administrator

Would never have imagined, after all the negativity of our pre-season, that we'd win so comfortably today. Really happy with it as it could have been very different otherwise, embarrassingly so. 

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, Stan said:

Would never have imagined, after all the negativity of our pre-season, that we'd win so comfortably today. Really happy with it as it could have been very different otherwise, embarrassingly so. 

The only caveat for me is West Brom were simply awful. 

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I know I speak for some of us when I say: good, fuck West Brom. Why the fuck do they keep coming up? Stay down

Fulham as well. I can't see either of those two surviving. Said it pre-season and this weekend has only strengthened my view.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

As you know, I am not a believer in Brendan... so my worry for you would be you don’t have your talisman and all of a sudden Rodgers absolutely loses his mind. Weird tactics, panic buying... ya know, shit fans hate.

I know it’s probably ignorant to assume Rodgers can’t grow, and I thought he had before last season... then I saw that collapse last season.

And tbf any manager at Leicester would love Vardy and struggle a bit without him. I’ve literally just said “Leicester might be fucked without their best player” xD you could switch any club into that sentence, then switch Vardy to that club’s best player.

And Leicester’s key man wins a penalty and scores it.

I hope WBA and Fulham aren’t up for more than a year. So thank you Leicester for making this look like it’ll be a routine win.

In fairness to Rodgers he has been without Ricardo since March as well, and he's a pivotal player for us. Castagne did a good job at right back today though, pretty much faultless and the opening goal to boot.

We as a club need to make contingency plans for Vardy dropping off. We've found a use for Iheanacho but he'll never be Vardy. We need to buy a another attacking player this summer. I don't think all of our problems have magically gone away today, but that result definitely puts a positive spin on things. Like I've said though the caveat is West Brom were dreadful and we can't get too carried away.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived