talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham 0-1 Everton - Sunday 13th September, 2020

football forum

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Class from Everton. Great new look from them. So much technical ability in the side now. Allan MOTM for me. 

Shocking from Spurs. Questions need to be asked about the tactics but what’s more concerning is that they look so lethargic and sluggish, yet it’s only the first game of the season...

• Subscriber

Yesssss, we will take that.

Next job is not to do what I call a Phase 2 classic Everton by dropping points at home to WBA next week and rendering this result useless. I would play an unchanged side after that, really pleased with that performance.

One thing that we saw improve before the transfers last season was our game management in these situations. Combine that with actually decent players and we might have a solid campaign.

• Subscriber

Hojbjerg wasn't great today but I actually think they'll prove to be shrewd additions in the long run. Aurier isn't good enough to be a first choice full back for Tottenham and they seem to have an assortment of midfielders who are great on their day but don't seem to be consistent or reliable. I think I've seen Winks, Sissoko, Lo Celso, Ndombele, Alli if you count him too, put in man of the match performances yet you still wouldn't be fully confident in whichever 2-3 of them start in a tough game.

• The title was changed to Tottenham 0-1 Everton - Sunday 13th September, 2020

There will be some huge hyperbolic articles in the press over the coming days, Everton being touted for 4th and Spurs for 10t etc but I think you could see a difference in attitude between both sides today. Everton got a big monkey off their back, played well but still need a proper goal scorer, they should have a decent season and be pushing for top 6.

The mood music around Spurs is very negative, I don’t think a lot of players really buy mourinho and I’m not sure he buys the job where he has to cut his cloth. Could well be proven wrong but I think mourinho will struggle to get spurs back to where they were under poch.

• Subscriber

I like Mourinho but I really think he's a poor fit at Spurs and a particularly poor one when you give him the squad that Pochettino put together. His appointment served to prove that Spurs are indeed eating at the top table now so Levy can be happy with that but it's not doing anything for their future opportunities on the pitch. If they finish way off the top four this season then the likes of Son and Kane have every reason to start thinking about their options and what they could achieve in their career in another team.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I think Doherty is alright. 

My gut instinct is system beneficiary at Wolves so has stats that make him look better than he actually is. Doesn't exactly make Spurs anything to write home about. Nor does Hojbjerg.

I expected more from them even despite this. They were so flat.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived