Matchday Chat - 2016/17 season archive

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
football forum
1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

LAD!

Yet more reason to hate Liverpool. 

Nah, I love that celebration purely because of how rattled it got people. I do like Robbie Fowler for his ''couldn't give a fuck attitude'', there should be more players like him knocking about than the two melts Kane and Alli who have their secret hand-shake whenever one of them hits the target.

• Administrator
12 hours ago, Cicero said:

We have one of, if not the best medical team with keeping our players healthy. It's no coincidence that we rarely have a player injured for a substantial period. 

Edit. Just recently updated that Hazard is fit and will play. 

12 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Oh for crying out loud xD

Perfect Chelsea hey?

The medical team must have proper fucked up then with the players you have injured now?

Also helps not having European football to contend with so it's been pretty plain-sailing for a quality squad to be honest.

We had the same last season. Were able to keep a regular starting XI and players that needed to come in to replace at any given time were fresh and ready to go.

football forum

This has to be the most injured set of teams I've ever seen before a derby, we're totally crocked at the moment.

• Subscriber

Stoke at home. Probably our easiest win of last season. They were truly dire here. Hoping for a repeat - we got a repeat of the fixture with them away from home earlier in the season so lets have that again.

I'll go for another 3-1 win.

I'm far more comfortable than I probably should be.

• Subscriber
On 3/30/2017 at 8:14 PM, Cicero said:

No European Football has blessed us in all honesty.

Mourinho claimed we are lucky and have the advantage that we aren't competing in Europe.

Conte's response was, "and who's fault was that?"

xD

See you're on the end of a lot of comments about injuries. How there's apparently no skill in keeping players fit. We had similar.

4 hours ago, Dan said:

xD

See you're on the end of a lot of comments about injuries. How there's apparently no skill in keeping players fit. We had similar.

To be fair mate quite a few injuries can be put down to luck. Coleman, Coutinho, Henderson for example have all suffered bad injuries through impact tackles or falling awkwardly. There's countless examples. Chelsea this season have suffered none, they really have been quite fortunate. 

My stomach is in absolute bits. Been awake since 6. xD My head tells me that we should win and that Mane is going to have a field day against their backline. But i cant help keep thinking that they're due a spawny win against us. 

Lallana missing is a big worry. Especially if he replaces him with Lucas. There won't be the intensity from midfield if that happens.

Outside of Mane and Lukaku I'd say Lallana and Schneiderlin being out are the biggest misses for both teams. 

We could really do with a cool head in midfield and Barry just isn't that player any more. Likely to be booked inside 10 mins and then his off the ball game is over. Huge pressure on Barkley, Davies and Gana. 

2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

My stomach is in absolute bits. Been awake since 6. xD My head tells me that we should win and that Mane is going to have a field day against their backline. But i cant help keep thinking that they're due a spawny win against us. 

Lallana missing is a big worry. Especially if he replaces him with Lucas. There won't be the intensity from midfield if that happens.

I'd be tempted to either put Clyne at LB and move Milner into midfield or put Coutinho deeper and play Origi in his place. 

Oh and don't worry yourself, we are gonna stuff these twats :coffee:

• Subscriber
44 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I'd be tempted to either put Clyne at LB and move Milner into midfield or put Coutinho deeper and play Origi in his place. 

If they don't self implode first. I think its going to end in a draw myself.

49 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I think that's too much swapping around in defence though myself. I'd go with Origi and drop Coutinho back like you said

Young team for Everton with Pennington, Holgate and Calvert-Lewin all  to start (per Paul Joyce)

I'm hoping we see Origi start instead of Lallana with Coutinho dropping a bit deeper to compensate. Everton had the measure of our regular front 3 last time so Origi's directness could cause them more problems.

4 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Mattew Pennington has looked OK for us but I'm worried about him taking part in a Merseyside derby. Mason Holgate is the one that shouldn't have any troubles given the fact that he's played countless times for us against big teams when Seamus Coleman has been injured. Domenic Calvert-Lewin has looked sharp since signing and got his first goal in our last game against Hull City. 

It's an interesting experiment (one which we've been forced into) but I'm hoping it works. 

No chance. 

3-0

• Subscriber

Not confident about those young lads playing. As much as Calvert-Lewin has looked impressive I think Lookman would cause their defence more problems and it'll be ridiculous if Mirallas isn't in the side.

Pennington is a complete unknown quantity which is a big risk, and while Holgate has generally looked at home against Premier League opposition, he has also made mistakes, fair enough because he's still learning.

Obviously there's not much choice in putting these players in the side today but I'm not that positive about it as much as it's good to see young players getting games.

• The title was changed to Matchday Chat - 15th-17th April 2017
  • The topic was featured
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived