talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - 2016/17 season archive

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

United are one of the worst home teams I've seen this season and we still managed to give them a result. 

I have full faith that Ronald, Steve Walsh and Farhad will deliver this summer. 

• The topic was unpinned
  • Administrator
9 hours ago, 6666 said:

Apparently Sunderland didn't play that bad. Moyes probably sees that result as a bit of a slap in the face...

meh. that's what they were. I think they had one shot on target and a deflected shot that hit the post. other than that, they didn't actually create much or give us anything to test us. 

We didn't play well but quality shone through when Shakespeare made the changes. Albrighton was the game-changer. A little bit of an unsung hero because he's not as flashy as the like of Mahrez or Vardy or Gray. The pace and composure Albrighton showed for Vardy's goal was excellent. His experience over Gray will get him starting against Everton and/or Atletico. And there's the standard Albrighton cross for Slimani to head in. Can't believe we got Albrighton on a free xD. Vardy's finish just shows how much confidence he has right now as well. One touch to set up a powerful left foot finish. 

Up until those subs were made, the game was pretty turgid, going nowhere and probably would have ended up 0-0. And I would have been disappointed if so because Sunderland at home should be a 3-point banker for any team in this division.

Regardless of the win, I've been disappointed with Drinkwater last couple of games. Gives away the ball too much and got dispossessed too many times last night for my liking. Perhaps it was because Sunderland played an extra man in midfield and he didn't get the space to control the game like usual. But even when he dropped deep to try and spread the ball to Gray and/or Mahrez, they weren't really going anywhere, either intercepted or too far out of play. 

Apparently Sunderland haven't scored in 7 games consecutively now. Laughable for a team in their position. They don't even look like scoring. 

I want to put a baby in Rachel,

Tonight is going to be massive for us, i think everything but a defeat would be alright. We have Everton and United left that are tricky with the last four games pretty straight forward. Also City and Spurs would have to win every of their remaining games.

I'd go for a win 2-1 for the mighty blues 

7 hours ago, Romesh said:

Apparently Sunderland haven't scored in 7 games consecutively now. Laughable for a team in their position. They don't even look like scoring. 

They have only scored in 2 of their last 12 games as well. Defoe might not be that good after all. :ph34r:

Big games at both ends of the table tonight.

If Chelsea drop more points the door is well and truly open for ground to be made & that Hull vs Middlesbrough game is crucial at the bottom, if Boro lose they're done.

29 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

As if Chelsea are concerned they've got United to left to play. We're fucking diabolical. I felt Mourinho would be shit, but didn't realise how fucking truly and utterly fucking shit he would be. 

What would irk me most if I was a Utd fan is the way he's now literally throwing everyone from the tea lady to the players under a bus in virtually every press conference! In fact the only players he's not publicly criticising are the ones he splashed mega money on. 

Jose 'it's everyone's fault but mine' Mourinho. 

1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

It's a shame because when he was at Chelsea (the first time) I really respected him. He brought real entertainment to the Premier League and played some brilliant football with world-class players. He made the move to Inter and had a lot of success but it all went wrong when he went to Spain, the media got on his back and he cracked. The paranoia from that ill stint at Madrid seems to have seeped into his make-up now, he was a total ball-bag at Chelsea the second time around and shows no sign of making a u-turn with United. 

Totally agree. It's like he's actually going round the twist!

Is there any Manchester United fans or neutrals that think Jose Mourinho is doing a good job? He's made Manchester United a very dull team to watch which we all expected but I don't think any of us expected such a pathetic effort to make the top four given the resources at his disposal. I know it's a point that's been mentioned before but given the money spent and the attacking prowess of Mkhytarian, Mata, Martial, Rashford and still Wayne Rooney it's not right that Zlatan Ibrahimovic is there only attacking threat. His comments taking credit for Luke Shaw's late chance was pretty cringeworthy too. He will be blaming him for a goalless draw before the end of the season.

I'm surprised Watford made good work of beating West Brom but in hindsight that may be a good thing that persuades to Pozzo's to stay with a Manager for longer than a season. I can't say i'm surprised about the other two resultes. Sunderland gave a better battle than I thought they would but they've got no creative midfielders that can play the forward passes needed to create chances. Burnley being at home against a side with nothing to play for was the perfect opportunity for them to find their groove again and they delivered in a fashion that I expected.

Just now, Romesh said:

Navas remains RB/RWB??

Delph starting. Guardiola you absolute troll. 

WTF is he playing at???  ...it will be Delph or Fernandinho at RB   ...Kompany's first game in a long time, Navas, Clichy and Delph are wank on a good day, Pep's trying to get sacked! xD

City XI: Caballero, Kompany (c), Aguero, Navas, De Bruyne, Delph, Sane, Silva, Clichy, Stones, Fernandinho

Subs: Bravo, Zabaleta, Fernando, Sterling, Nolito, Kolarov, Toure

4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Mane out as expected along with Lallana & Henderson and just to rub it in a little more... Matip misses out as well. 

Seriously, injuries this season can just fuck right off. 

What's up with Matip? He's on the bench. Thought Lovren was a going to be a doubt because of Saturday but he starts...

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

WTF is he playing at???  ...it will be Delph or Fernandinho at RB   ...Kompany's first game in a long time, Navas, Clichy and Delph are wank on a good day, Pep's trying to get sacked! xD

City XI: Caballero, Kompany (c), Aguero, Navas, De Bruyne, Delph, Sane, Silva, Clichy, Stones, Fernandinho

Subs: Bravo, Zabaleta, Fernando, Sterling, Nolito, Kolarov, Toure

your squad needs a huge overhaul. for all the talented players in Aguero, Silva, Sane, De Bruyne, you still have dross like Clichy, Delph & Navas in your side. Such a contrast and so imbalanced, both tactically and ability-wise. 

3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

What's up with Matip? He's on the bench. Thought Lovren was a going to be a doubt because of Saturday but he starts...

God knows mate? All I do know is that this game has dropped points written all over it!

4 minutes ago, Romesh said:

your squad needs a huge overhaul. for all the talented players in Aguero, Silva, Sane, De Bruyne, you still have dross like Clichy, Delph & Navas in your side. Such a contrast and so imbalanced, both tactically and ability-wise. 

Delph and Navas rarely play, dont know what Pep's playing at  ..starting Kompany is a huge risk too, he's hardly played in 3 years

• The title was changed to Matchday Chat - 15th-17th April 2017
  • The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived