talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - 2016/17 season archive

2 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

You not thinking it's correct is hardly a surprise:

Me: "This circle is black"

Mike: "It might not be"

Anyway, on top of the games you mentioned there was also West Ham if I'm not mistaken? There's probably more (I can't be arsed to check again) so I'm not far off. 

It's still a hell of a lot of points dropped from winning positions whichever way you slice it. 

To be honest I forgot that we went ahead early against West Ham, I had it in my head we went 2-0 down but we were 2-1 down at HT. My point stands about taking the stat you mentioned in context though. You can't use draws away to Tottenham, Man City and Man Utd to criticise Klopp's in-game management. Bournemouth, West Ham and Sunderland by all means, yeah.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Should be looking to squash Leicester's momentum on Sunday but it won't be easy with Coleman, Mori and Williams out leaving us with two real 'senior' defenders. Pennington will probably start with the rest of the defence unchanged from United.

Be surprised if we can keep a clean sheet, we'll need Ross and Rom back in form and if so I think we'll win 3-1 or 3-2.

• Subscriber

It's hard to know if we'll have an eye on Wednesday or not.

I reckon it'll be a 2-2 draw which would be the end of both Everton's home winning run and our winning run, but it would represent a good result I think.

Our fourth trip to Goodison since coming up and we're still yet to lose there.

• Subscriber
17 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

We've lost 16 points from winning positions this season, almost exclusively in the last 20 minutes of games.. 16 points!

For some perspective (aka boasting) we're yet to lose a single one xD

West Ham vs Swansea is probably the game to watch - if West Ham lose they've got every chance of being relegated given the other fixtures they've got coming up.

If Boro don't win they're as good as down too.

We've not won any of the 5 games Mane hasn't started this season. With him now out for an extended period of time and our struggles against weaker teams generally, we need to try something different if we're to finish in the top four. If Sturridge is fit enough to start (hahaha) I'd like to see us go with both him and Origi.

I wouldn't have been able to watch it anyway, but I'm disappointed West Ham vs Swansea isn't on TV. That's a massive game at the foot of the table.

I hope Klopp tries something new against Stoke. Trying to carry on with the 4-3-3 without the players that really make it click, especially against Stoke in this current context, doesn't seem too promising. 

On 3/30/2017 at 5:12 PM, Romesh said:

I'm sure @Cocaine is old enough to have his say if age is a factor :D

@Cannabis, where your dad at? 

@Romesh @Cocaine I don't come on here any more simply because of comments like this post below. I think forums are a great medium for discussing all sorts of controversial topics but the massive down side is that anyone can type anything, and once it gets abusive (as this conversation certainly has) it's time to leave well alone.

On 3/30/2017 at 7:05 PM, LFCMike said:

Cos their dads tell them how great Everton would have been 'if it hadn't have been for Heysel'. David Moyes used to love slipping it into a press conference too. Instead they've grown up seeing their team win fuck all and it's all the redshites I fault. That's why their younger generation are so bitter

My late father started supporting Liverpool when they were second division because they were underdogs. Obviously many years later when i was a youngster he used to take me to Anfield where we would stand on the kop and watch Keegan, Toshack and my favorite player (love watching the old fashioned wingers) Steve Heighway (sp?)

Then one of my brothers took me to an Everton match once, a cup game against Notts County. I don't even remember the result but i do remember that feeling that i'm sure was the same as my father's; supporting the underdogs felt special. Wins felt special, not simply expected. Was my father gutted at a turncoat son? Not at all, he was a mature and wise bloke. He understood that everyone makes their own decisions in life (his father was an Evertonian by the way, even having some personal friends from the team)

Did he an I argue like cat and dog after that time? Did we get abusive to each other? You can bet your life we didn't.

Did we discuss unpunished bad tackles, unjustified disallowed goals, controversies? Bet your life we did, and at length! We both loved the game with a passion, for our respective teams. I respected his points of view, he mine.

I miss my dad so much. Wish we could once again go to the pub to watch a derby, him in his Gerrard 8 shirt and me in my Arteta 10, and have reasonable discussion about the talking points.

I've never discussed with my son who to support, or why. Jeezus! I even remember i had to buy him a Man Utd kit for his 7th birthday - that was a very worrying time for me! But if he had gone the route of supporting United would i have disowned him. Probably! :) No, of course i wouldn't.

I have no doubt there will be some clever (?) comeback to this post, but save your pinkies - i won't be here to read it. I have no stomach for abusive discussion. Talk about the IS terrorists and the atrocities they are committing and i'll show plenty of hate, but no way will I in the beautiful game.

31 minutes ago, Cocaine said:

@Romesh @Cocaine I don't come on here any more simply because of comments like this post below. I think forums are a great medium for discussing all sorts of controversial topics but the massive down side is that anyone can type anything, and once it gets abusive (as this conversation certainly has) it's time to leave well alone.

My late father started supporting Liverpool when they were second division because they were underdogs. Obviously many years later when i was a youngster he used to take me to Anfield where we would stand on the kop and watch Keegan, Toshack and my favorite player (love watching the old fashioned wingers) Steve Heighway (sp?)

Then one of my brothers took me to an Everton match once, a cup game against Notts County. I don't even remember the result but i do remember that feeling that i'm sure was the same as my father's; supporting the underdogs felt special. Wins felt special, not simply expected. Was my father gutted at a turncoat son? Not at all, he was a mature and wise bloke. He understood that everyone makes their own decisions in life (his father was an Evertonian by the way, even having some personal friends from the team)

Did he an I argue like cat and dog after that time? Did we get abusive to each other? You can bet your life we didn't.

Did we discuss unpunished bad tackles, unjustified disallowed goals, controversies? Bet your life we did, and at length! We both loved the game with a passion, for our respective teams. I respected his points of view, he mine.

I miss my dad so much. Wish we could once again go to the pub to watch a derby, him in his Gerrard 8 shirt and me in my Arteta 10, and have reasonable discussion about the talking points.

I've never discussed with my son who to support, or why. Jeezus! I even remember i had to buy him a Man Utd kit for his 7th birthday - that was a very worrying time for me! But if he had gone the route of supporting United would i have disowned him. Probably! :) No, of course i wouldn't.

I have no doubt there will be some clever (?) comeback to this post, but save your pinkies - i won't be here to read it. I have no stomach for abusive discussion. Talk about the IS terrorists and the atrocities they are committing and i'll show plenty of hate, but no way will I in the beautiful game.

Nice story but i have no idea what that's got to do with my post. Going by your post, you're not the younger generation, ie under 25/30, and your dad was a red so my post is in no way aimed at you or people like you. My post was not abusive in any way at all either. It was made originally when someone mentioned Heysel and English clubs being banned from Europe, like that was the real tragedy of the event. It was an opinion based on experience of interacting with people on forums and in the real world.

• Administrator

Eric Dier smashes in a half-volley from the edge of the box to make it 2-0. Watford collapsed last time they played Spurs and looks like the same is happening today. 

• Administrator

Spurs hit the woodwork 3 times and still come out with a 4-0 victory. Easy victory but done so stylishly. Son unfortunate not to get a hat-trick. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Inverted said:

All I want to know is where Alberto Moreno is buried.

Don't think you want him in a game that you want to win unless its the 89th minute and you're 4 goals up. The guy has gone through some weird spells at the club where he looks great in attack but then will make so many blunders defensively that you can't imagine how he was ever going to cut it in that defensive position.

• The title was changed to Matchday Chat - 15th-17th April 2017
  • The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived