talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - 2016/17 season archive

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I wouldn't be acting so cocky mate, don't forget you flushed in embarrassing circumstances less than 12 months ago xD

Just returning what they gave us last season. What goes around comes around. It's part of having a rivalry to take the opportunities when you can, otherwise we'd be like Chelsea v Fulham. Too posh for banter.

Jordan Pickford had to delete a tweet he made a year ago last night about us going down as everyone bombed in laughing at him.

• Subscriber

Andre Gray makes it 2-0 on the break after latching onto a great pass from Boyd. A perfect away performance from the weakest travellers in the league. Burnley all but assured survival now if they weren't already.

12 hours ago, 6666 said:

The man that scored an own goal to lose his team the game with some social media bantz. Nice.

10 hours ago, Cannabis said:

After that hilarious own goal that cost his team the game I don't think Huth is in a position to laugh at anyone else.

Well, he has a premier league medal but Sanchez doesnt :ph34r:

on a serious note,  its very harsh to say he scored an own goal, it was more like a deflection.

• Subscriber

That's Leicester safe for me and we've done it with such a typical scrappy away win, which are so satisfying when pulled off. It's great to do it to the master of the scumbag 0-1 as well.

It was a pretty poor game really, very few chances for either team, neither really opened themselves up too much until West Brom gifted us half a chance just before half time and we took full advantage. Ruthless. Reminded me of Palace at home last season.

Thought we were defensively very solid today. Fuchs had a great game, Benalouane continues to impress and Huth really is such a solid defender in those kinds of circumstances. West Brom are a physical challenge, Rondon typifies them more than anyone, and he was nullified all game.

There is room for improvement, but we did what we had to today and it's given us breathing space - although I guess you'll really see how much they want Shakespeare in charge in their attitude in the next four games, and if the noises they make in the media are anything to go by I expect you'll see us finish strongly too.

What is it with this fixture and away wins? It's remarkable.

I was 2 points away from being in contention for the 5k prize on super six today, I predicted 4 correct scorelines but instead of going for the fucking blatantly obvious 0-0 between Stoke & West ham I predicted a 1-0 win to West Ham. I thought I couldn't dislike that club any more.

Just now, Cannabis said:

As I was typing I was unsure if he was able to play or not, do you know what's happened to Luke Garbutt? He looked like a decent prospect a few years ago under Moyes and Martinez but seems to have just fallen into the abyss?

Garbutt is here I'm sure of it, I still don't think he has a number though and probably not registered to play. He did look good for us in Europe though. 

Swansea have started really confidently at Old Trafford, and United have already been forced into a substitution as Shaw has suffered an early injury.

I really hope Swansea stay up - they have some really talented players and approach the game in the right way. Really tough ask today though, they really need a point at least after Hull's result yesterday.

Really have to give it to Paul Clement.

Swansea seem to really have that nice balance of being aggressive and organised off the ball, and then also being able to play nicely out of tricky situations when they've won it.

Only thing they've missed is the final pass or touch in the final third. 

• The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived