talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - 2016/17 season archive

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

On a totally different tangent the refereeing today was abysmal, for the amount of poor offside decisions to corners that were never given you could certainly argue that better tech is going to help these refs do their job better.

when he was standing on the pitch just inside the touchline, the ball hits him off a Watford player. He steps back and gives a throw xDxDxD 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Stan said:

when he was standing on the pitch just inside the touchline, the ball hits him off a Watford player. He steps back and gives a throw xDxDxD 

I saw how he took a step back then pointed to a position he was never standing in to signal that the ball was out even when the Watford players called him out on it. You can only just laugh.

• Administrator
Just now, Mel81x said:

I saw how he took a step back then pointed to a position he was never standing in to signal that the ball was out even when the Watford players called him out on it. You can only just laugh.

for a long time he's been in the lower echelons of referees in the league.

Similar level to that of Jon Moss and Mike Jones. 

Can will probably rightfully get MOTM for not only that goal but for a generally good solid performance, but I thought Migs was again absolutely flawless as was Matip and Lallana on his return. 

Poor performances I think from both FB's (Clyne & Milner), as well as Bobby and Origi. The rest just went about their jobs quietly. 

Ive said it before but if we do manage to scrape into the top four with our squad depth as it is and the amount of injuries we've had to key players then Klopp can feel very proud of himself and players. Had it not been for an absolutely hurrendous Jan/Feb then we would genuinely be fighting it out with Spurs and Chelsea instead of battling for top four with United, City & Arsenal. 

Our first 11 is quality but we need to seriously strengthen the squad this summer and with FSG apparently ready to give more money in a single window than any other previous Liverpool manager has ever had, let's hope Klopp and his team can attract and secure exactly the right type of players for next season. 

Onwards and upwards. 

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Can will probably rightfully get MOTM for not only that goal but for a generally good solid performance, but I thought Migs was again absolutely flawless as was Matip and Lallana on his return. 

but technically he didn't make that save in the 2nd half from Capoue :ph34r: 

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

but technically he didn't make that save in the 2nd half from Capoue :ph34r: 

Haha. It's not so much the saves he's making because he's always had that in him. It's more that he's suddenly become a very dominant goalkeeper that doesn't look out of place at all anymore. He'd need another solid season for me to be totally convinced we can trust him but this season (since winning his place back) Migs has been fantastic. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

Poor performances I think from both FB's (Clyne & Milner), as well as Bobby and Origi. The rest just went about their jobs quietly. 

Ive said it before but if we do manage to scrape into the top four with our squad depth as it is and the amount of injuries we've had to key players then Klopp can feel very proud of himself and players. Had it not been for an absolutely hurrendous Jan/Feb then we would genuinely be fighting it out with Spurs and Chelsea instead of battling for top four with United, City & Arsenal. 

Our first 11 is quality but we need to seriously strengthen the squad this summer and with FSG apparently ready to give more money in a single window than any other previous Liverpool manager has ever had, let's hope Klopp and his team can attract and secure exactly the right type of players for next season. 

Onwards and upwards. 

Had it not been for a horrendous run in October where we drew 4 games in a row, we'd be winning the league. Ultimately you're not as good as us and Chelsea right now - think you're in the correct position.

Had it not been for a horrendous September, October, November, December, January, February and disastrous March, April and start to May. Wenger would've won our 20th consecutive Champions League Qualification Trophy. :ph34r:

• The topic was unpinned

Would fancy Swansea to get a result against us which would put pressure on Hull and maybe Palace although they're probably out of it now. 

Was hoping to see a few more of the U23s but Koeman shot that down recently saying they're not ready. 

Gylfi can win them the game and then sign for us, that'd do me. 

Again fully expect Spurs to piss on West Ham, while Boro will be looking for points at the Bridge as they still have a chance to stay up. I expect them to park the bus and hope for a draw and we must get the points, win the home games and it is done.

Not beaten Southampton, or even scored, in three attempts this season. Puel seems to have one over on us stretching back to when he was at Lyon. Would be really disappointing not to win this one at Anfield though. Their record against the rest of the top 6 or 7 is really poor.

Boro will go this week officially though they were a bit unfortunate not to beat Man City the other day.

It's a real fight for the final relegation place though between Hull, Swansea & Palace. I can certainly see Hull and Swansea winning & Palace losing which sets the cat very much amongst the pigeons.

• Subscriber

I'll be surprised if we don't win. Group of players playing to get Shakespeare the job against a Watford side that look well on the beach.

3-0 Leicester.

• Administrator

West Ham are playing ridiculously defensively. Proper park the bus tactics. No space between defence and midfield for Tottenham to find or penetrate. 

• Administrator

Biggest club in London score! 

Goalmouth scramble falls kindly to Lanzini, smashing in from close range. 1-0 West Ham!

2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Spurs are 2nd in the league. 

West Ham have just beaten Spurs.

Surely this means West Ham are the second best team in England?

away from their home ground too, should be first actually

• The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived