talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - 2016/17 season archive

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5 wins out of 6 with the new system, we were in shit form for some time and should've done this in at least February.

Roberto Holdini > John Stones. £2m so doesn't get talked about. Absolute bargain.

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Arsenal will get fourth, you mark my words!

Depends on how the weekend goes, if we don't win and you don't shit the bed against West Ham, it's not gonna happen.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Depends on how the weekend goes, if we don't win and you don't shit the bed against West Ham, it's not gonna happen.

Lost the one real test you had though 

2 minutes ago, 6666 said:

You will win and we will definitely drop points against West Ham. Arsenal top four - 100%

I didnt expect arsenal would win both the games against Man utd and then to southampton away. I thought they would drop points in one or both the games but they didnt, credits to the team. Stoke away is a tough one, lets see what wenger has up his sleeve.

• The topic was unpinned
57 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

If Arsenal do finish top four coupled with them being in the FA Cup Final... Will that be deemed as a more successful season than Spurs?

successful season than spurs, yes only if arsenal win the cup, if not then I would say no. Overall, arsenal's season is a failure because they should probably be challenging for the title with the resources they had and also with an established manager when compared to Conte, pep, mourinho who are all managing new teams. 

2 hours ago, Asura said:

successful season than spurs, yes only if arsenal win the cup, if not then I would say no. Overall, arsenal's season is a failure because they should probably be challenging for the title with the resources they had and also with an established manager when compared to Conte, pep, mourinho who are all managing new teams. 

Arsenal cant compete due to the flaws of player recruitment, man managment as well as tactics on the pitch.  Wenger has gone against his own principle and now copied what other teams are doing with the 3 at the back.  This has worked only against teams that their season has finished in the league, i am not sure if it is the way forward with Arsenal at all but we have to see.   Arsenal as a club should be challenging for titles but the current squad is extremely poor and so many average players are on such high wages which again is just crazy when they are suppose to have wage structure but are paying  like 5 players that arent even in a match day squad over 450k a week.    Big question also Where the hell is Lucas Perez??

2 hours ago, VanPanna said:

Arsenal cant compete due to the flaws of player recruitment, man managment as well as tactics on the pitch.  Wenger has gone against his own principle and now copied what other teams are doing with the 3 at the back.  This has worked only against teams that their season has finished in the league, i am not sure if it is the way forward with Arsenal at all but we have to see.   Arsenal as a club should be challenging for titles but the current squad is extremely poor and so many average players are on such high wages which again is just crazy when they are suppose to have wage structure but are paying  like 5 players that arent even in a match day squad over 450k a week.    Big question also Where the hell is Lucas Perez??

The manager is not capable of getting the best of the players as they seem too comfortable under wenger. Cant really say the players are totally bad especially after how leicester with not so great individual players won the league last year. It takes a team effort and its upto the manager to set the teams up so I would put more blame on wenger more than the players. At the same time there is so much deadwood in this current team. I have recently read a rumour somewhere that a la liga club is interested in buying lucas perez. I have no idea why wenger even bought him when he had no intention to play him ahead of his walcott

4 hours ago, Dan said:

Southampton have been about the most boring side in the league this year.

I think Middlesbrough take that crown :D

I don't think the fans or players are completely happy with Puel's style which mean he'll probably be off come the summer.

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully Liverpool don't monumentally mess up and throw away 4th place. I would prefer to see them in the Champions League than Arsenal.

If Chelsea beat Sunderland, they will have accumulated 93 points, the second highest total in the Premier League era. The record is 95 points set by Chelsea in Mourinho's first season in 2004/2005. 

They would also become the first team in the Premier League era, or since Liverpool in 1978/1979 when there was a 42 game season, to win 30 league matches. Chelsea under Mourinho won 29 leagues in both 2004/2005 and 2005/2006. 

Regardless of the relative strength of this Chelsea team compared to Mourinho's teams or other title winning teams, those would be very impressive achievements. 

My interest in our game is dependant on how the Liverpool game is going on. They'll see off Boro though so ours will mean nothing.

Arsenal will see us off without a sweat. 

• Subscriber

Lukaku needs a hat-trick to go back ahead of Kane so maybe he'll be arsed tomorrow and get us a draw. He won't get his 3 goals though either way.

I'll eat my socks if Liverpool don't beat Middlesbrough tomorrow so any question of us not being arsed because we're so small time that we'd deliberately lose just to stop Liverpool getting top four should be irrelevant.

Regardless of the league table, Arsenal should cruise past us tomorrow, we're in mediocre form recently and have nothing to play for.

More arsed about the Barkley situation.

Tomorrow is now the biggest game of the season, obviously, if we can't beat Middlesbrough then we deserve fuck all from this season. I swear to god, how shit would that be?!

Expect Liverpool to see off Middlesbrough quite comfortably.

Arsenal will finish 5th despite a big upturn in form recently and Wenger will sign his new contract on Monday morning.

• Administrator

praying we win tomorrow cos I get to take £50 off my mate if we do.

Before the season started, he bet that amount that Leicester would finish bottom half. Being quite confident, I said yeah go on then. Thought I was on to a certified loser come January/February and he was laughing xD. He even offered me a cash-out haha. 

So if we win, we overtake Bournemouth and will be minimum 10th and I'd pocket £50. 

• Subscriber

Reaction needed after that garbage in midweek. I'm not confident though. I usually am at home but Bournemouth seem to do well against us and we're still missing defenders.

There'll be goals I'd imagine. I'll go for 2-2.

• The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived