talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - 2016/17 season archive

1 minute ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Hasn't scored an away goal in 2 years in the Premier League :ph34r:

That's true and although he's been very good in most games this season against the lower clubs, he's not been great. In the big games though he's been brilliant. 

Very succesfull signing all in all. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Not good enough throughout the season. I did find our whole fan-base pining for top 4 embarrassing, it's what this club has become, fans accepting underachievement. 

That makes no sense. 4th spot was the best we could get today and it comes with Champions' League football so obviously rational fans would want that over 5th and Europa League. It's not that difficult to understand.

1 minute ago, 6666 said:

That makes no sense. 4th spot was the best we could get today and it comes with Champions' League football so obviously rational fans would want that over 5th and Europa League. It's not that difficult to understand.

Couldn't agree more. The Europa League is a horrible competition. 

1 minute ago, 6666 said:

This is what our season's are becoming, seeing if we make the Champions League or not. People begging for Middlesborough to do something at Anfield. It shouldn't have come to this shit, I thought we were meant to be progressing as a club but we're not and you have fans still happy with this. No-one is bigger than the club apparently, but Arsenal fans have made Wenger that and we're going to be dealing with his same shit next season.

• Subscriber

Absolute shite from us yet again and Exhibit 14 demonstrating why we need about ten new players this summer. 

Williams couldn't have left Ramsay more space there without standing in the net the useless cunt.

2 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

This is what our season's are becoming, seeing if we make the Champions League or not. People begging for Middlesborough to do something at Anfield. It shouldn't have come to this shit, I thought we were meant to be progressing as a club but we're not and you have fans still happy with this. No-one is bigger than the club apparently, but Arsenal fans have made Wenger that and we're going to be dealing with his same shit next season.

I don't think even you know what you're trying to say. We can't win the league so we should not try for anything after that..?

You're trying to say people wanting the next best thing are basically accepting mediocrity yet you basically going "what's the point of going for anything now" isn't you accepting giving up and failing even harder? xD

Just now, 6666 said:

I don't think even you know what you're trying to say. We can't win the league so we should not try for anything after that..?

You're trying to say people wanting the next best thing are basically accepting mediocrity yet you basically going "what's the point of going for anything now" isn't you accepting giving up and failing even harder? xD

I think you mis-interpreted what I meant, I wasn't saying we shouldn't be vying for top4 of course we should, but I don't like the fact it's been made out to be something so "big" when it's not.

3 minutes ago, adziom said:

Absolute shite from us yet again and Exhibit 14 demonstrating why we need about ten new players this summer. 

Williams couldn't have left Ramsay more space there without standing in the net the useless cunt.

Williams is a burden for your defence. You should really look to replace him in the summer, maybe with Virgil van Dijk. After Southampton's fairly dull season I can't see him staying there and you'd be an excellent choice for him.

5 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Let's go to the beach, beach, let's get awayyy. 

Seriously though, top season. Koeman's fucking brilliant, we're back on the up and with a decent summer under our belt who knows what can happen? 

You'll need to improve your away record considerably, it's been pretty appalling under Koeman. 

• The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived