talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - 2016/17 season archive

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, roversgirl said:

If the dingles lose to Man Utd tomorrow then they are right in the relegation scrap. 

I don't think so, I can't see Hull and Swansea getting more than one win apiece.

I'm also expecting Burnley to give them a right run for their money today - they are really strong at home.

• Administrator
49 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Burnley, Watford and Reading to get relegated next season. You heard it here first.

11 minutes ago, Toony said:

No chance of Reading being promoted!

maybe he meant from the Championship :D 

7 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

It's probably already verbally signed, it'll just be announced in the summer.

Hmm maybe. That's a strange procedure though, seems unnecessary? We've resigned about 4-5 players at different stages throughout this season and all were announced straight away. 

Usually when negotiations are long dragged out affairs it's because there's either a stumbling block on either side or  the player isn't keen on signing or the club don't think he's worth a major increase in wages. It could even be Barkley wanting certain clauses inserted such as a release clause to any CL club who wants him for instance?

• Subscriber

I don't see why Barkley would leave Everton now at his age when the club are clearly moving in the right direction. It's his boyhood club and while he's had a much better season than has been acknowledged in some areas of the media, it's not like he's reached a stage where he has nothing left to prove at this level like Lukaku arguably has as the almost certain top scorer in the league this season.

The contract situation has gone on for a while and it is strange that it's not sorted already if there have been talks that nothing has been announced but I can't see him leaving this summer. 

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

Matip, Henderson, Lallana, Mane & Sturridge all missing today. Just hope we can get the points with such a depleted squad and keep the pressure on United & Arsenal. 

I genuinely believe you are wumming at this point. Not that I disapprove. 

4 minutes ago, Tanksie said:

I genuinely believe you are wumming at this point. Not that I disapprove. 

We've not got a good record against Palace and they have won the last two at Anfield so this fixture would be tricky enough without all the injuries. We should win but with us you can never be confident. 

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, HK85 said:

That's the worst football ground I've ever been to. 

And that's all I can take from yesterday. Terrible game. Sell Rom, keep Ross. 

Amen. I won't be going again. Absolutely appalling.

• The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived