talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - 2016/17 season archive

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Is Barkley still considered a prospect?

That's true really. Probably mean it more as in "brighter prospect than Barkley was".

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the shittest Arsenal I've seen in my lifetime which includes the late 70s and early to mid 80s.  This is shit!  We are shit... What a load of shit.

How many times have I said the word "SHIT".

Arsenal are SHIT!

31 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Is Barkley still considered a prospect?

25 minutes ago, Dan said:

That's true really. Probably mean it more as in "brighter prospect than Barkley was".

Yeah Barkley can't be considered a prospect any more. Got to take him for how you see it now. 

Change of role under Koeman took some time getting used to but he's there now. 

Important no one coaches the fearlessness out of Davies. 

According to wenger "It's happened once in 20 years" alluding to the law of averages. We all know what he thinks of the general intelligence of the common man/woman. So maybe we have to look aside from the fact Spurs are creating something realistic and solid.

Infact, do you know what really grates on him with Spurs? The fact they've done it without spending stupid money which is what he's all about as are our shareholders and Stan Kroenke. 

15 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

It makes them look so small time.

It does and it doesn't...

It doesn't because all clubs have a scenario where they use other's stick to hit them back like we used to do with "1-0 to the Arsenal", "Boring, boring Arsenal" or even individual stuff like "Adams is a donkey, Adams is a donkey, la-lala-la, la-lala-la" or the eternal "Eeeooo Eeeoooo".

It does make them look small time because this result guaranteed them to finish above Arsenal, and the banner is referring to that which is stupid considering they're still fighting for the title and finishing above Arsenal is small time in itself.  But if that entertains them (it didn't; mean a thing to me all the times we've done it), then it makes the club obvious to where its fans have held their objectives all these years.

All the same...  They're going places while we're the best joke in town.

Just now, Cannabis said:

I think its small time because it totally ignores that for the past 20 years or so Arsenal have finished above Tottenham. Just because they've finally got ahead shouldn't lead to banners being whipped out.

Indeed, that's the only embarrassing thing about it, but you can't ignore that not everyone has a decent intelligence level where football fans are concerned.

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

I think its small time because it totally ignores that for the past 20 years or so Arsenal have finished above Tottenham. Just because they've finally got ahead shouldn't lead to banners being whipped out.

No it shows what has happened to Arsenal fans, Recently Arsenal fans have accepted things too easy and they have been celebrating finishing above Spurs. In the past Arsenal were up there every season with the best premier league team of all time Man Utd. Now all Arsenal have got is finishing 4th, the odd cup and finishing above Spurs due to the direction of the club where its heading with the board, this season due to Spurs challenging has led partly to a melt down by the fans and the cracks have appeared now at the club. Tottenham have already moved ahead of Arsenal with their squad and they havent even moved in their stadium yet when Arsenal are going to be left behind if they dont make major changes. Alot of Arsenals fans in the past several years have been small time as the club have just been taking part but not getting anywhere near challenging in the league and champions league with hardly any of them voicing concerns and shooting down those who do.

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Indeed, that's the only embarrassing thing about it, but you can't ignore that not everyone has a decent intelligence level where football fans are concerned.

Inter Milan fans did the same shit for Milan's fall from grace, despite Milan having far greater success until Calciopoli rocked them (how Juve recovered and Milan floundered has me confused, but whatever). When we came 5th and won the CL Evertonians had the whole Rafael Beneathus thing going on, despite the seasons before (and those that would follow, although that Rafa v Moyes era was their most competitive in recent history I'd say). I think it's kind of natural when you're nearest rivals have bested you for years and years to want to gloat... whether it's small time or not. It's local tribalism, basically.

Back to the Arsenal game,  what is Xhaka's role in this team, he gets dominated every game by the other team midfield, he doesn't set up goals, doesn't score, doesn't even break up play I have no idea what the hell he is and gets to play every week, its embarrassing. 

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Inter Milan fans did the same shit for Milan's fall from grace, despite Milan having far greater success until Calciopoli rocked them (how Juve recovered and Milan floundered has me confused, but whatever). When we came 5th and won the CL Evertonians had the whole Rafael Beneathus thing going on, despite the seasons before (and those that would follow, although that Rafa v Moyes era was their most competitive in recent history I'd say). I think it's kind of natural when you're nearest rivals have bested you for years and years to want to gloat... whether it's small time or not. It's local tribalism, basically.

My "Intelligence Level" remark was aimed at Wenger mate.  I understand local rivalry and even not so local in some places...  But my overall statement is aimed at idiocy.

1 minute ago, VanPanna said:

Back to the Arsenal game,  what is Xhaka's role in this team, he gets dominated every game by the other team midfield, he does set up goals, doesn't score, doesn't even break up play I have no idea what the hell he is and gets to play every week its embarrassing. 

He's Wenger's answer to Xabi Alonso mate... He seemed to have had a "eureka" moment at some point during the summer and because he rates our side so much (his constant words), he must've thought that something like that was needed even though Xhaka wouldn't even be good enough a Alonso's personal janitor.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

He's Wenger's answer to Xabi Alonso mate... He seemed to have had a "eureka" moment at some point during the summer and because he rates our side so much (his constant words), he must've thought that something like that was needed even though Xhaka wouldn't even be good enough a Alonso's personal janitor.

Well it is turning out to be his worst Arsenal signing in his history and he has bought some shockers. 

• The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived