talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wesley Fofana Completes Move to Leicester

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Dan said:

I stress if it's true St Etienne said he can leave for a certain price, we've met it, and they've said no then that's a bit off.

I still think this'll go through. My worry is that someone else swoops in.

I want this bloke though. Got real Soyuncu vibes about him.

Same. If we end up signing Fofana and Under, as well as Castagne so far, that's not too bad a window. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
16 minutes ago, Stan said:

Same. If we end up signing Fofana and Under, as well as Castagne so far, that's not too bad a window. 

I think bar a striker that's a good window. Quite impressed by Castagne early doors. The same bloke I referred to earlier in the thread says Fofana is another Soyuncu, basically.

• Administrator
8 hours ago, Dan said:

I've never heard of them. Nothing to worry about.

@AMG is crying right now. 

I've noticed the Norwich love-in has stopped now that Milan are looking to be a bit more competitive and Chelsea shit money like there's no tomorrow :ph34r:

9 hours ago, Dan said:

I've never heard of them. Nothing to worry about.

Absolutely no doubt about it.

Leicester City - 1 Premier League title

AC Milan - 0 Premier League Title

Embarrassing really, a club founded in 1899 hasnt won the premier league. :thumbdown:

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, AMG said:

Absolutely no doubt about it.

Leicester City - 1 Premier League title

AC Milan - 0 Premier League Title

Embarrassing really, a club founded in 1899 hasnt won the premier league. :thumbdown:

It is completely embarrassing really. I'm amazed they even have the audacity to enter the bidding here.

It is quite mental how much football has changed really in that Leicester could actually beat AC Milan to a player with plenty not batting an eyelid.

• Subscriber

I still can't understand our fans slating Puel in this. Honestly I was no fan of his but he's taking the stance I'd take. We can't play hardball with everybody and then moan when somebody does it to us.

I do think it will eventually go through though.

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Dan said:

I still can't understand our fans slating Puel in this. Honestly I was no fan of his but he's taking the stance I'd take. We can't play hardball with everybody and then moan when somebody does it to us.

I do think it will eventually go through though.

They're the ones that:

1) Think it's just managers and players in a football club
2) Play too much FIFA
3) Play too much FM
4) all of the above.

I can guarantee you they were lapping it up when we were doing the same with Mahrez...

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Stan said:

They're the ones that:

1) Think it's just managers and players in a football club
2) Play too much FIFA
3) Play too much FM
4) all of the above.

I can guarantee you they were lapping it up when we were doing the same with Mahrez...

Probably something like that. Seen a few comparisons between Fofana's behaviour here and the way Mahrez left but I do think Fofana's not quite been that bad - I mean he's been pretty open and honest, and he is trying to force the move, but he is at least still training hard and playing well. Mahrez stopped doing that for a while and I think that above all is what stings.

• Administrator

Apparently their bid is in instalments so not sure how St Etienne would feel about that if they need the money now?

Rumours are also that St Etienne will be happy to accept an offer from us if we were to loan him back for a season, which doesn't particularly suit us....

• Subscriber
On 24/09/2020 at 22:56, Stan said:

Apparently their bid is in instalments so not sure how St Etienne would feel about that if they need the money now?

Rumours are also that St Etienne will be happy to accept an offer from us if we were to loan him back for a season, which doesn't particularly suit us....

Totally defeats the object. We need someone in now who we bed in over the season. We haven't got the numbers in that position.

• Subscriber

Get the fuck in. He's ours.

That's a lot of money but if he's as good as I'm hearing then it's worth it. I don't mind paying the big money for top quality.

There were two differences with him and Tarkowski all along for me.

Tarkowski is 27, and quite soon 28. He's as good as he's going to get.

We also know how good he is. That's good in one sense - but we also know how good he isn't. Fofana's ceiling is a lot higher. For that reason I was in favour of Fofana all along. Forget this 'Prem proven' myth - it's exactly that, a myth, it's a subconscious was to big the league up. It's shown itself to be a myth many a time.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

We've basically sold Chilwell and used that money to get Castagne and Fofana, heavily improving our defence in the process.

And that my friends is how you progress as a non-bankrolled club. Selling is not a bad thing sometimes.

Archived