The better place to talk football.

Brighton 1-3 Chelsea - Monday 14th September, 2020

football forum

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Watching squirrels isn't productive 😕 

Leisure time, just before I leave for work in the morning... cheers me up watching it's never say die attitude replay over and over again... I don't tend to see him on a Wednesday though for some reason?? maybe he is knackered and has a day off... 

Chelsea manager Frank Lampard, speaking to Sky Sports, on his new signings: "We must give them time. They are really talented lads and have shown they are great characters and shown they are good teammates already.

"I expect their quality to come through but I don't want people to expect loads tonight. Quietly, I sort of do...

"The fact we do have some new players in the squad means we do have to work. I'd like to see that the steps we have made this week have hit home. It's a very interesting one for us."

Brighton started well.... not surprising really, considering our new players up front we are still the same old Chelsea at the back, nothings changed so Brighton are probably trying to put us under as much pressure as they can and hope we make a typical mistake... 

If Lampard doesn't take off Reuben Loftus-Cheek at half then I will question whether or not he's learned anything from his time at management. 

Apart from the lack of cohesion and off the pace we look, Reuben Loftus-Cheek has been appalling. He's finished at the top level sadly. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Lucas said:

Not the best of games but that's the problem now, you've all been spoilt after Saturday tea time's match.

Wanted to ask how much you rate Ben White? The commentators were saying that he played all games for you'll last season in the Championship and that you'll wanted to keep him but that never happened.

7 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Wanted to ask how much you rate Ben White? The commentators were saying that he played all games for you'll last season in the Championship and that you'll wanted to keep him but that never happened.

Very highly. He was the best defender in the Championship last season. So calm, composed and confident on the ball.

We were desperate for him and I think he really wanted the move too but Brighton didn't want to sell to us as they saw us as a 'rival'. Fair enough.

It will be interesting how he gets on somewhere else after being coached by Bielsa. Bit of a comedown and not sure how he'll get on in this back three system they play, but he has the quality.

5 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Very highly. He was the best defender in the Championship last season. So calm, composed and confident on the ball.

We were desperate for him and I think he really wanted the move too but Brighton didn't want to sell to us as they saw us as a 'rival'. Fair enough.

It will be interesting how he gets on somewhere else after being coached by Bielsa. Bit of a comedown and not sure how he'll get on in this back three system they play, but he has the quality.

Was saying beforehand that he'll end up being sold for over £60m or so within the next few years. Has every attribute you want to see in a modern-day defender in abundance.

Very much impressed by Brighton so far. Lamptey looks like he's going to be a real player. Put in a cross for Maupay in the first half that was excellent.

• The title was changed to Brighton 1-3 (Zouma, 66") Chelsea - Monday 14th September, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived