talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Brighton 1-3 Chelsea - Monday 14th September, 2020

football forum

3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Unlucky there for Brighton, scoreline won't reflect their efforts

I've felt that so many times about Brighton when I watch them play.

Are they just really unlucky? Or are we right that the scoreline doesn't reflect their efforts... but it does reflect their quality?

It's hard to say because I don't think Brighton are "bad"... but it's got to say something that a side that often looks like they're incredibly unlucky to not get results based on the way they've played... continue to have matches where the scoreline doesn't reflect their efforts.

This has got to be what Chelsea fans want to see when they've not necessarily been comfortably better than the other side though... having a scoreline that reflects you are comfortably better. Considering all the new changes to the squad and a shortened pre-season due to covid... this could realistically be the most disjoint Chelsea look all season.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Half the Chelsea team want to play differently from the other half, they have to figure that out.  If they do it might be a decent season for them.  Kepa is not really a good keeper, I think his claim to fame is that he is good with his feet.  Brighton deserve at least one more goal.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I've felt that so many times about Brighton when I watch them play.

Are they just really unlucky? Or are we right that the scoreline doesn't reflect their efforts... but it does reflect their quality?

It's hard to say because I don't think Brighton are "bad"... but it's got to say something that a side that often looks like they're incredibly unlucky to not get results based on the way they've played... continue to have matches where the scoreline doesn't reflect their efforts.

This has got to be what Chelsea fans want to see when they've not necessarily been comfortably better than the other side though... having a scoreline that reflects you are comfortably better. Considering all the new changes to the squad and a shortened pre-season due to covid... this could realistically be the most disjoint Chelsea look all season.

I think with Brighton it's a mixture of both bad luck and quality... bad luck to go behind when dominating but lacking the quality to change that situation around over 90 minutes I would say.. 

I would be more than happy to see us get the win considering the performance tonight, hardly firing on all cylinders by any stretch of the imagination but as you say winning at our most disjointed is a positive sign.. much better to come once players are back and more settled, Think this season the team will build that momentum over the course of the next 5-10 games before we see them being more fluid.. 

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Think due to the short pre-season and rest time we're going to see a lot of players picking up injuries due to extended play time. 

and yet Brighton still signed Lallana xD  

• Subscriber

Doesn't really matter how much effort you put in towards the end if you can't convert chances and Brighton had enough of them today to be level if not better placed than Chelsea in this match. I don't think this intensity will last the whole season and if it does credit to them but they've got to start converting their chances better. 

I am looking forward to our match this Sunday now. I get the feeling we won't see this same squad attitude when it comes to playing us.

2 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Having no crowds is really going to effect some of the poorer teams, it can make a difference. For Chelsea it’s win win, Stamford Bridge hasn’t had a good atmosphere since the national front used to run it in the 80s, and they gonna play teams who need hime support.

Yeah, Cheatski and Chity have a big advantage being used to playing in front of very few supporters before covid. 

Dreadful display from us yet we managed 3 points. Complete contrast to last season as if we played like shit, we lost. Lack of cohesion and off the pace for the most part. On top of that, Reuben Loftus-Cheek did his absolute best to ruin any attack we managed.

Defence looked good surprisingly so credit to them. We started off as a 4231 but slowly grew into a 4-4-2 towards the end. I wonder if that is Lampard's intentions this season. 

@carefreeluke Thoughts on Ruben? 

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Crowd support is just groupthink for fans to make themselves feel more important through their vicarious enjoyment of sports.

Australian view. Your whole country is genocide, you live off the death of people. I’m not surprised you have that view.

And yes, I know we started it and perfected it but our working class made football and it’s been stolen for gimps like your country and Americans. You ruin everything, can’t you leave something for us?

Chelsea for the south bank ruffians...not cunts with no idea who David Speedie is!

3 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Yeah but tbf to them he was rather lively today. He is terribly injury-prone though and it showed. 

They gave a big 3 year contract to a 32 year-old with countless injury issues. It was always going to end in tears

Didn't expect it to be this fast, but it was always a stupid idea

5 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Australian view. Your whole country is genocide, you live off the death of people. I’m not surprised you have that view.

And yes, I know we started it and perfected it but our working class made football and it’s been stolen for gimps like your country and Americans. You ruin everything, can’t you leave something for us?

Chelsea for the south bank ruffians...not cunts with no idea who David Speedie is!

xDA British inheritance of murder. I didn't realise when ol' Captain Cook stepped off the boat onto botany bay, he'd stopped being English and became Australian when his boys raped and murdered the Aboriginals. Watch your fucking mouth you condescending colonial cunt, I've family and friends that have suffered from aftershock effects of British colonialism, but you wouldn't and couldn't understand that on protected from the reallity of it on rainy little island. A typical Englishman, I'd not be surprised if you went to a silver-spooned private school with the likes of the upper class, regaling in tales of how Winston Churchill molested your grandfather in the bathrooms. And if you didn't you act like it. Truly a disgusting creature you.

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

xDA British inheritance of murder. I didn't realise when ol' Captain Cook stepped off the boat onto botany bay, he'd stopped being English and became Australian when his boys raped and murdered the Aboriginals. Watch your fucking mouth you condescending colonial cunt, I've family and friends that have suffered from aftershock effects of British colonialism, but you wouldn't and couldn't understand that on protected from the reallity of it on rainy little island. A typical Englishman, I'd not be surprised if you went to a silver-spooned private school with the likes of the upper class, regaling in tales of how Winston Churchill molested your grandfather in the bathrooms. Truly a disgusting creature you.

Talking of Cook, ever heard of Charlie?

Football means far more than you an Cicero can ever realise. You’ve ruined itf or working class kids. No connection at all but think you’re a fan, you’re not and never ever will be.

Support your local team.

Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

Taking or Cook, ever heard of Charlie?

Football means far more than you an Cicero can ever realise. You’ve ruined for working class kids. No connection at all but think you’re a fan, you’re not and never ever will be.

You can take your football and place it squarely inside your anus. Now make your country apologise for raping the Indigenous peoples of Australia, you won't because you can't take responsibility for the horrors you've unleashed on this planet. But of course the annihilation of many people across the world pales in comparison to the importance of your working class sport, wake up, you pathetic thing.

Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

Imagine if I started supported Sydney sharks or whatever shitty sports they have in Australia. It would be pathetic and I’d hope my friends would grab me by the throat and say, ‘stop it, you can’t ever be a fan of that sport’.

sake. Why is it Chelsea fans who are always like this. Fake plastic people.

You can support the Sharks if you like, because unlike you, Australia is an inclusive place and I'd welcome anyone that showed an interest; I don't fear the foreigner or people that are different, which I can't say for people with prejudice like yourself.

5 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Talking of Cook, ever heard of Charlie?

Football means far more than you an Cicero can ever realise. You’ve ruined itf or working class kids. No connection at all but think you’re a fan, you’re not and never ever will be.

Support your local team.

Go back to mocking people's facial appearance on the internet. You could do with another ban. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived