Burnley vs Sheff Utd, 17.30
Wolves vs Stoke, 19.00

South Section
Brighton vs Portsmouth

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Batard said:

That's the future of the sport. Not big subs to Sky etc. Price per match is where the teams will make good. 

You can get a day pass for SkySports on NowTV but whenever I see it I think I'm not paying £15 to watch a televised game. That's half the price of a monthly subscription.

It's funny as I remember a decade ago it used to be £6.99 per game on Setanta and back then that was ugh do we really want to spend that or just go to the pub.

I'd pay £5 for League Cup game. £10 is the same price as a match ticket for this round.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

You can get a day pass for SkySports on NowTV but whenever I see it I think I'm not paying £15 to watch a televised game. That's half the price of a monthly subscription.

It's funny as I remember a decade ago it used to be £6.99 per game on Setanta and back then that was ugh do we really want to spend that or just go to the pub.

Nah I don't mean like that. I mean the clubs will sell the rights DIRECTLY as if attending a match. If COVID is here to stay for longer, DRM is where the money is, not deals with Sky. 

Just now, Batard said:

Nah I don't mean like that. I mean the clubs will sell the rights DIRECTLY as if attending a match. If COVID is here to stay for longer, DRM is where the money is, not deals with Sky. 

Is it the clubs that sell this? Not familiar with it, thought it was the EFL cashing in 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

Is it the clubs that sell this? Not familiar with it, thought it was the EFL cashing in 

This will be Carabao, but clubs are most definitely interested in virtual attendance. There's a joke there somewhere but I know you'll do a better job of it than I, so fill your boots xD

• Administrator

Middlesbrough out after losing 2-0 at home to Barnsley.

Gillingham beat Coventry. Reading lose at home to Luton. 10-man Derby lose to a last-minute penalty at home to Preston.

Newcastle and West Ham currently winning.

Ahhh the sun is finally back, here on the Iceberg, been a cold September.  Everton v Salford is on the tv here.  I assume Salford is like the English equivalent of Waldhof mannheim?  I think I may become an Everton fan, they have the only skill player in the WWEpl. 

Looks like a B team today for Everton

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, binder said:

Ahhh the sun is finally back, here on the Iceberg, been a cold September.  Everton v Salford is on the tv here.  I assume Salford is like the English equivalent of Waldhof mannheim?  I think I may become an Everton fan, they have the only skill player in the WWEpl. 

Looks like a B team today for Everton

This being?

• Administrator
Just now, binder said:

Really, he is the biggest deal since the start of the EPL!

Hammish, or in Spanish James.

Ugh, I hope you're not serious xD 

Anyway, Everton just scored to go 1 up. Michael Keane with the goal.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, binder said:

Schalke guy comes on foe Everton.  They wear the same kits so it was probably an easy transition back.

Huh?

Digne came on? Kenny was already playing?

• Subscriber

This thread is weird. Tonight was satisfactory with elements of pleasing play. Nkounkou looks like a real find, he and Gordon down the left were standouts. Sigurdsson did well. Kean was pretty poor in the first half, I was convinced he'd miss the penalty but hopefully getting off the mark does him a favour. Walcott was the weakest link out there. If Iwobi was fit then Theo arguably doesn't even make the second XI we saw out there tonight. I really like the bloke but we need to get him moved on. The rest were solid if not spectacular. Another very winnable tie next. This is always our best chance of silverware so good to get over the first hurdle.

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

This thread is weird. Tonight was satisfactory with elements of pleasing play. Nkounkou looks like a real find, he and Gordon down the left were standouts. Sigurdsson did well. Kean was pretty poor in the first half, I was convinced he'd miss the penalty but hopefully getting off the mark does him a favour. Walcott was the weakest link out there. If Iwobi was fit then Theo arguably doesn't even make the second XI we saw out there tonight. I really like the bloke but we need to get him moved on. The rest were solid if not spectacular. Another very winnable tie next. This is always our best chance of silverware so good to get over the first hurdle.

He's fucking great and I cannot believe we didn't give him an opportunity to play. Ludicrous decision making. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived