• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Question a Member: Spike

football forum

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where are you learning spanish?

Hamburger or nuggets at fast food restaraunts?

Ham or cheese on a sandwich?

Favourite Peruvian football of all time?

Why did you move to Trumpland?

Top 3 members on here?

Why did you choose Spike of all the Cowboy Bebop characters?

Would @Dickie vs @Messiesta be a WWE match or UFC? In that case who would win?

On the scale of 1-10 how similar is Deadlinesman to Chewbacca?

Dragonball, Dragonball Z, Dragonball GT, or Dragonball Super?

2 hours ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Where are you learning spanish?

I'm not actually learning Spanish anywhere. Just what I pick up from real world experiences.

Hamburger or nuggets at fast food restaraunts?

Hamburger but sometimes the nugget is hard to resist.

Ham or cheese on a sandwich?

Ham, I love cheese but I try to avoid it sometimes. I don't the extra dairy.

Favourite Peruvian football of all time?

Claudio Pizarro.

Why did you move to Trumpland?

To be with my future wife.

Top 3 members on here?

I don't know about the top three members (it'd have to be those that contribute the most behind the scenes). Probably the guys that put the time and effort into making this place work.

Why did you choose Spike of all the Cowboy Bebop characters?

It sounds a lot better than Faye, Ein, Edward, or Vicious! Jet Black is okay but he wasn't as badass as Spike.

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:
  1. What is the best thing about TalkFootball365? Probably the freedom to speak our minds. The staff are all very understanding and only in extreme circumstances have had to step in.
  2. Myself, you and your fellow Aussies @Anton and @Tanksie all meet up for New Years Eve. How does the night pan out? Rugby League styled gang bang.
  3. Why do you support Chelsea and who is your favourite player? When I was a kid I really only new about ManUtd and the rule of thumb was they always won. I remember seeing that Chelsea had won the premiership. I didn't really fully get into the sport till a few years later but Chelsea were a club I knew of, so I started watching their games. To be honest I knew little about the history and culture of the sport and the only reason I knew the rules because I owned FIFA '98 - Road to the World Cup.
  4. Describe @DeadLinesman's hair-style in three words. Freshly shaven balls.
  5. Who should replace Francesco Totti as the new footballer in the Cannabis/@Stan avatar mega-series? Luke Chadwick.
  6. What would happen if @LaSambadeStGermain and @Teso Dos Bichos were trapped in a room together for 20 days and 20 nights? Hateful, passionate, lovemaking.
  7. What are your Top 5 video games of all time (in any order)? I hate these questions because there are so many games I can't remember off the top of my head but; Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy IX, Bioshock, whatever Total War I'm currently interested in, and maybe Mario Bros. 3. I'd say my most fond days of vidya gaming were the PSOne and PS2 days. Though I did love my Gamecube...
  8. Would you wash and wax your car if you lived in Scotland or do you agree that this is a terrible idea? Scotland itself is a terrible idea.
  9. You are running through the woods with six men chasing after you - what are you most likely to have done wrong? I'm assuming this in some sort of Medieval time frame. If that is the case I probably fingerblasted some nobles 16 year-old daughter without realising she was off limits. 
  10. Should @Tsubasa be banned for his love of Pineapple Pizza? I like pineapple pizza.

1 hour ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Would @Dickie vs @Messiesta be a WWE match or UFC? In that case who would win?

Well, if they were weirdo lower-class-trash then WWE. If they were just lower-class-trash then UFC.

On the scale of 1-10 how similar is Deadlinesman to Chewbacca?

Closer to a shaved cuy than Chewie.

Dragonball, Dragonball Z, Dragonball GT, or Dragonball Super?

I haven't seen Dragonball but I do plan to one of these days. DBZ is actually really shit unless you watch the remastered and edited DBZ Kai, GT is fucking awful, and I haven't bothered with Super.

Dragonball is the best one of them all in my opinion. I highly recommend it.

Dragonball Z is great but I say that because I watch the latino version which has all the Japanese dialogue translated, unlike the English version where they fucked it all up. If I want to watch Z in English I'll watch Kai instead. Chris Ayres' as Frieza :x

I haven't watched GT and I also haven't bothered with Super. I'd feel like a hypocrite if I watch it and enjoy it. I'm sure the action is great but the ideas sound very unoriginal. I've seen both recent movies and there is a lot of contradictions to the main series.

2 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Dragonball is the best one of them all in my opinion. I highly recommend it.

Dragonball Z is great but I say that because I watch the latino version which has all the Japanese dialogue translated, unlike the English version where they fucked it all up. If I want to watch Z in English I'll watch Kai instead. Chris Ayres' as Frieza :x

I haven't watched GT and I also haven't bothered with Super. I'd feel like a hypocrite if I watch it and enjoy it. I'm sure the action is great but the ideas sound very unoriginal. I've seen both recent movies and there is a lot of contradictions to the main series.

Kai, is very, very good. All the filler was cut which adds up to nearly 200 episodes, recoloured,  and remastered. Overall it's a more focused viewing. To be honest, DBZ is really only worth watching up until the Frieza arc. Cell and Majin Buu are pretty lame if you ask me..

I agree, I can't believe there are people who still prefer the original dub to the new Kai dub. Theres more heart in the dialogue. Its not as cheesy and the voice actors did a great job. Watch the original voices compared to the new ones. Sean Schemmel was always good but I much preferred him in Kai. Replacing Linda Young for Chris Ayres for Frieza was the best thing that's ever happened to the series.

Like I said, I personally like the original but only if I'm watching the latinamerican dub. They kept all the music and all the original lines, just in a different language. No cheesiness like in English. People like to say Funimation did a great job after the disaster that was the Ocean dub, but in reality it was only a minor improvement. Although I agree that Kai is for a more "focused viewing".

I personally liked all 3 sagas. Frieza was the whole series essentially because its how it all began. I liked the idea of the Cell saga though. The ideas became a joke in the Majin Buu saga but at least the action remained good.

The same questions I've given to the rest plus some... :ay:

• What's your most embarrassing moment in your life where you thought "Please lord bury me"... Tell all!
  • For whatever reason (an important one maybe), have you ever had to be a hypocrite and pretend to like someone or agree with something you are against.
  • Have you ever cheated on your (or a) partner?
  • Apart from Chelsea or Australia...  What's the most excited you have ever been in a football match where you went unusually mental?
  • If you were to move away from the US, where would be your favoured place to go and live?
  • If you could change something about the area where you live, what would it be?
  • Do you have a phobia, if so what is it?
  • If reincarnation exists and you couldn't come back as a human being but could choose what to return, what would it be?
  • Do you see yourself living in the US forever?
  • Have you ever envied someone, if yes, why and whom?
  • Even if totally out of the ordinary (or it may not be out of the ordinary), what would be your dream job or maybe owning some sort of business...  Tell us about your thoughts on that.
  • If you wasn't you, but you were introduced to you and due to shared friends you suddenly started to see more of you...  What would be your thoughts on you and would you make a close friendship with you?  In total...  What would be the resume you think others that know you, think. 

9 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

The same questions I've given to the rest plus some... :ay:

• What's your most embarrassing moment in your life where you thought "Please lord bury me"... Tell all! A plethora of times I've gotten overly drunk. Sometimes a man can't handle his drink and ends up making an emotional mess of his himself, or fighting somebody, or just doing something else where the flood gates of the 'stiff upper lip' are opened due to the drink. Probably having an emotional breakdown at the bar one night, I don't remember it but it happened, oh dear.
  • For whatever reason (an important one maybe), have you ever had to be a hypocrite and pretend to like someone or agree with something you are against. No, this is a completely ridiculous sentiment and it would be a lie to myself most of all. I am like Popeye, I yam what I yam.
  • Have you ever cheated on your (or a) partner? No, I think being an idealist it'd be hypocritical of me to expect my partner to accept that I cheated when I believe I'd struggle to do the same.
  • Apart from Chelsea or Australia...  What's the most excited you have ever been in a football match where you went unusually mental? When Sergio Busquets nonchalantly tapped the ball about a metre towards the path of Lionel Messi whom promptly picked it up and waltzed through Real Madrid's defence and rolled it past Iker Casillas as if he was an amateur. How dare he!? Absolutely insane!
  • If you were to move away from the US, where would be your favoured place to go and live? I've thought about somewhere like Canada and the UK due to cultural and ancestral ties but I think my heart would truly be at piece in the rural landscape of a Latino nation (including the Philippines). I've often thought about the life of living in a Spanish, French, or Italian village. Of course it'd be easier to do so in England and I'd be more at home amongst people that share a very similar culture but I think the weather and climate would be more agreeable elsewhere.
  • If you could change something about the area where you live, what would it be? The traffic. Oh dear, god. The amount of accidents outside my condo is ridiculous and borderline 'Monty Python' esque. Poe's Law definitely applies here, if you were to parody the traffic conditions outside you wouldn't be able to tell the difference! It's not that the traffic is slow, this isn't bumper to bumper like a busy metro, this is people crashing their cars.
  • Do you have a phobia, if so what is it? No, I have fears, but none irrational. Am I scared of a venomous spider, yes, but I'm not going to break down into tears because I saw one. I'd kill it. I don't think it irrational to be fearful of something that can kill a man.
  • If reincarnation exists and you couldn't come back as a human being but could choose what to return, what would it be? A bird of prey or a bear. To fly the skies without a tether is the dream of all men, isn't it?
  • Do you see yourself living in the US forever? In an ideal world, no. In a real world, unfortunately yes. I don't see much opportunity opening up to my wife and I back home. The housing market is brutal, the job market is worse, I don't dislike the US but I do miss home.
  • Have you ever envied someone, if yes, why and whom? Yes! Those skinny fellows that don't need to exercise and eat five pizzas in a row without gaining so much as a gram.
  • Even if totally out of the ordinary (or it may not be out of the ordinary), what would be your dream job or maybe owning some sort of business...  Tell us about your thoughts on that. This is something I've struggled with over my life. I feel like a man without a dream, and that saddens me. Even the most cynical of us have dreams, even if they are just embers of a once raging fire. I think once my dream was to simply escape the monotony and 'soul opression' of my childhood village.
  • If you wasn't you, but you were introduced to you and due to shared friends you suddenly started to see more of you...  What would be your thoughts on you and would you make a close friendship with you?  In total...  What would be the resume you think others that know you, think. I'd probably think I was humorous but also abrasive and a little cold, not really personable but friendly all the same. Almost a contradiction in himself. Hard to know but rewarding in loyalty once a sincere friendship is established.

Favourite Packers player and why do the Bears suck?

What's your favourite or most prized possession? (I don't know if you consider those to be different)

You clearly have a lot of knowledge about the history of Europe and its nations and peoples. What inspired you to study this? And are there any books you'd recommend in particular?

• Subscriber

How did you and your wife meet?

What is the most beautiful or interesting place you visited in the Philippines? 

Could you imagine settling down in the Philippines?

Have you visited any other SE Asian countries? 

Have you tried Balut?

Favourite Filipino food?

What would be your ideal 3-course dinner?

2 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Favourite Packers player and why do the Bears suck?

Aaron 'I'm not gay, I really, really like women' Rodgers. Because of the McCaskeys. They are bleeding the club from the inside out with nepotism and finance over performance. LOOK WHAT THEY DID TO SOLDIER!

What's your favourite or most prized possession? (I don't know if you consider those to be different)

Probably my PC. I use it all the time, I treat it like a motorhead treats a car. Always tinkering and modifying.

You clearly have a lot of knowledge about the history of Europe and its nations and peoples. What inspired you to study this? And are there any books you'd recommend in particular?

I think playing videogames like Total War inspired me to read more about history. Not a book, but a podcast: 'The History of Rome'. Check it out. 

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

How did you and your wife meet? Online, funnily enough. I was preparing to travel abroad and took a chance to meet someone I talked to online (on a sports forum no less!). One thing led to another and here I am.

What is the most beautiful or interesting place you visited in the Philippines?  Interesting? Manila. Not beautiful in the traditional sense but very interesting to witness such a different culture and way of living. From the richness of Makati to the slums and success of Mandayulong. Fascinating, absolutely fascinating.

Could you imagine settling down in the Philippines? A possibility, unlikely but possible. My father lives there with his Filipino family, and I'd rue the day I ran into him.

Have you visited any other SE Asian countries? Unfortunately, no.

Have you tried Balut? Yes, I enjoyed it but I didn't enjoy the appearance.

Favourite Filipino food? Probably pancit canton or adobo.

What would be your ideal 3-course dinner?   I honestly dont' know if we do three-courses in Australian and British derived cuisine but roast beef or lamb dinner followed by a pudding like trifle would be fantastic. If not that, a Japanese course with miso soup, a main, and desert would also fit the bill. I love miso.

• If God invited you for brunch because of all the people in the world he had chosen you as the journalist that would publish his first and only ever interview...  What notes would you make on the most important points you would want to question him on?

16 minutes ago, SirBalon said:
  • If God invited you for brunch because of all the people in the world he had chosen you as the journalist that would publish his first and only ever interview...  What notes would you make on the most important points you would want to question him on?

The craic.

10 minutes ago, Spike said:

The craic.

Imagine! xD:o

But the fact I've asked you is because I see you as a very intelligent guy and I want to see where you direct yourself on that one. ;)

Note: Not that I don't find anyone else that I've asked questions too as non intelligent and just a personal curiosity.

26 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Imagine! xD:o

But the fact I've asked you is because I see you as a very intelligent guy and I want to see where you direct yourself on that one. ;)

Note: Not that I don't find anyone else that I've asked questions too as non intelligent and just a personal curiosity.

I'd probably ask what god it is. Zeus? Yweh? Allah? Some shinto spirit? Another being entirely? What is the end game?

22 minutes ago, Spike said:

I'd probably ask what god it is. Zeus? Yweh? Allah? Some shinto spirit? Another being entirely? What is the end game?

hahahaha...  That's it?  Such an opportunity and that's it, you're only interested in the third part of the process a story has? :(:whistling:

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

hahahaha...  That's it?  Such an opportunity and that's it, you're only interested in the third part of the process a story has? :(:whistling:

I don't need some transcendental being telling me why I'm here or what my purpose is. Nothing I'd detest more than knowing my existence is preordained.

Just now, Spike said:

I don't need some transcendental being telling me why I'm here or what my purpose is. Nothing I'd detest more than knowing my existence is preordained.

I need to know!  WE ALL need to know and the "God" has bloody chosen you!  This is a manipulation of the press for your own benefit. >:(

Just now, SirBalon said:

I need to know!  WE ALL need to know and the "God" has bloody chosen you!  This is a manipulation of the press for your own benefit. >:(

God knew what it'd get when it chose me.

• The topic was locked

Archived