talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Question a Member: Spike

football forum

Just now, Spike said:

God knew what it'd get when it chose me.

Exactly! He knew you'd make "him" look good...  Typical biassed journalism.  Won't be reading your column anymore, you can be sure of that. :thumbdown:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Exactly! He knew you'd make "him" look good...  Typical biassed journalism.  Won't be reading your column anymore, you can be sure of that. :thumbdown:

No, I'd definitely inquire about a pantheon and extraterrestrial life 

Just now, Spike said:

No, I'd definitely inquire about a pantheon and extraterrestrial life 

Aaaaah ok!  This gets worse...  Looking to speculate on major real estate land ownership for the future eh!  You're an embarrassment to your profession mate.  Always knew God was against the working classes. :censored:

• Subscriber

I like adobo too! A well prepared lechón is absolutely amazing too :x

Anyway, more questions!

Best book you've ever read? Preferably one fiction and one non-fiction. 
Car or motorbike?
Most favourite alcoholic drink?

Decisions were made, you now live in America where you are trapped in a low income job due to your need to provide for yourself and your wife.

Do you, at all, regret that? Is there a part of you that wishes you had gone for the further study, head over heart road? Or are you happier now than you think you could be otherwise?

4 hours ago, nudge said:

I like adobo too! A well prepared lechón is absolutely amazing too :x Lechon is too fatty for me. Also 'lechón' is Spainish, in Tagalog it's simply 'lechon'. ;) 

Anyway, more questions!

Best book you've ever read? Preferably one fiction and one non-fiction. One of my favourite novels that I enjoyed cover to cover Vladimir Nabokov's Lolita. I honestly can't think of a nonfiction book at the moment, the obvious choices are Dawkin's Greatest Show on Earth, and other history and science journals.
Car or motorbike? At the moment a car but I would like a motorbike one day. I'm partial to both.
Most favourite alcoholic drink? It really depends. Straight I like scotch but I'm also fond of anise liquers like absinthe and chartreuse. Beers I adore a solid German Gose or Belgian Wit but Flemish Reds and the plain old lager can be hard to beat. Mixed would be a margarita.

4 hours ago, Tanksie said:

Decisions were made, you now live in America where you are trapped in a low income job due to your need to provide for yourself and your wife. I'm not trapped, that would infer that I have no choice in the matter, it's possible dead end (Starbucks prefers to promote from within) but there are opportunities. However I do also have contacts in Chicago and I have carpentry and construction jobs available. My wife also has a solid job in a steady market, unless slot machines are outlawed she'll always have a spot in some company.  Besides, the in-laws are very adamant that I receive an education to the point of helping finance it, though this makes me uncomfortable.

Do you, at all, regret that? Is there a part of you that wishes you had gone for the further study, head over heart road? Or are you happier now than you think you could be otherwise? I do not regret anything. To do so would be a lie to myself that things aren't better now than they were when I was a student in Australia. A degree only is as worth as much as the application of it. The degree would have meant nothing as I didn't particularly want to involve myself in any of those fields, the more I studied the more I sincerely hated my coursework and the people I was around. I'm far happier, stabler, healthier than I've ever been. I can deal with home sickness over what hand I had been dealt in Australia. There aren't many opportunities in rural Australia and it's hard to develop a steady life in far-off city without adequate support. 

• How far do you think Chelsea can go under Conte?
  • Who is your player of the season?
  • Do you consider Mourinho to have been revolutionary in Chelsea's rise to the top?
  • Thoughts on John Terry?
  • Favourite player of all time?

8 minutes ago, Cure said:
  • How far do you think Chelsea can go under Conte? Domestic isn't an issue, but Conte has had troubles in the CL in the past.
  • Who is your player of the season? Cesar Azpilicueta.
  • Do you consider Mourinho to have been revolutionary in Chelsea's rise to the top? Of course but that doesn't mean his ghost was positive influence.
  • Thoughts on John Terry? Absolutely fantastic CB that people like to call 'overrated' because they dislike his private life. Kinda like how people rag on Rio Ferdinand for the drug test issues.
  • Favourite player of all time? Frank Lampard. 

5 hours ago, Burning Gold said:

I assume you've answered this before somewhere, but what was it that took you to America and Chicago? A girl of course!

How does the culture differ to your home in Australia and how have you found the transition? It's mainly a lot of smaller things. We both still speak English but I'd say there are more difference between USA and Australian than Australia and the UK. Of course Australians don't have the cultural identity of 'liberty above all us' an unwavering loyalty not to the nation but to the ideals it was founded on, and yaddeh yaddeh yaddah. They can't fucking queue, are far more entitled due to cultural emphasis on 'individualism' (not a bad thing but a double edged sword), everyone eats out because it's cheap (I went out for food more times in my first month than I had my previous 20 years of life), they can't fucking queue, their coffee is horrible, their pubs and bars are all chains or simply restaurants, I can't play pool or darts with anyone at the local because they don't have the facilities, the live in their own little bubble and it's an environment that doesn't foster 'gregariousness' (I don't mean they aren't friendly, they are but you aren't playing a game of pool with a couple of randoms), they had terrrible beer till the craft beer sensation took hold and brewers became amazingly passionate about crafting authentic worldly beers and fusing them together with other styles, there are a lot of other small weird things but I can't think off the top of my head at the moment. Also THEY CAN'T FUCKING QUEUE 

Has anyone in your family ever gone to prison?

Donald or Daffy duck?

If a divine power comes to you and offers to make Australia a giant in football at the cost of losing its glory and history in cricket would you agree?

8 hours ago, Azeem98 said:

Has anyone in your family ever gone to prison? I don't believe so. Well not in my lifetime,

Donald or Daffy duck? Donald, especially counting his older cartoons and comics where he was a rageaholic lunatic that was one line away from going nuclear.

If a divine power comes to you and offers to make Australia a giant in football at the cost of losing its glory and history in cricket would you agree? Nope. There is too much history just to 'give up'. That'd be like asking Brazil to give up on football to play rugby.

Just now, Anton said:

How often have you been back to Australia since you moved to America? Once. 10 days. :( 

When I eventually visit mainland America, where will we meet and does your wife have hot single friends? We can meet wherever you like. My main bases of operation are Atlanta and Chicago. No she doesn't, but I do ;). The perks of my job is that I am one male per ten women. There is a couple of lookers but one or two may be too young.

1) Did you have difficulty adjusting to the American lifestyle or was the transition smooth (apart from making your peace with their queuing habits)?

2) Are you aware that we, Indians, are worse when comes to forming queues ( or rather the lack of it)? 

3) Do you prefer men lining up in a queue during a gangbang, too, compared to the whole bunch having a go on the woman at the same time?

4) Should animals also follow the queue protocol?

5) If someone dangerous is chasing you, then would still follow the queue protocols?

6) Chose between Sunny McKay (Aussie) and  Desiree Cousteau (American). Google if you don't know them.

7) Favourite Aussie and Indian cricketers.

8) Favourite LFC players.

9) Is @Anton really an Australian?

1) Did you have difficulty adjusting to the American lifestyle or was the transition smooth (apart from making your peace with their queuing habits)?

2) Are you aware that we, Indians, are worse when comes to forming queues ( or rather the lack of it)? 

3) Do you prefer men lining up in a queue during a gangbang, too, compared to the whole bunch having a go on the woman at the same time?

4) Should animals also follow the queue protocol?

5) If someone dangerous is chasing you, then would still follow the queue protocols?

6) Chose between Sunny McKay (Aussie) and  Desiree Cousteau (American). Google if you don't know them.

7) Favourite Aussie and Indian cricketers.

8) Favourite LFC players.

9) Is @Anton really an Australian?

Can any mod delete the double reply. Thanks in advance.

Here's a question for you I've asked various Aussies over the years and where I've had considerably different answers.  I know you haven't travelled much through Asia (except for the Philippines), but you may perceive the answer or the sentiments.  It's just that you guys are the odd ones out in that region of our planet. xD

I suppose @Anton who's lived in Japan will have a more general view.

• How do you think Australians are perceived by other Asian peoples from other countries when you're the odd ones out with your physical make-up and general culture being white European?

7 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

1) Did you have difficulty adjusting to the American lifestyle or was the transition smooth (apart from making your peace with their queuing habits)? Yeah, it wasn't a culture shock like many nations would be but there are hundreds of 'little things' that just aren't the same. That is true with every nation though.

2) Are you aware that we, Indians, are worse when comes to forming queues ( or rather the lack of it)? Yes, but that is due to an odd shared cultural trait amongst many south and east Asian countries. There are differences in the concept of 'personal' space. The Americans are just entitled.

3) Do you prefer men lining up in a queue during a gangbang, too, compared to the whole bunch having a go on the woman at the same time? Only if there are more than three men. I'm not sharing a hole with another pole.

4) Should animals also follow the queue protocol? Only civilised people queue.

5) If someone dangerous is chasing you, then would still follow the queue protocols? Given my high quality queuing abilities I'd only have to queue before the person behind me. It's their problem now.

6) Chose between Sunny McKay (Aussie) and  Desiree Cousteau (American). Google if you don't know them. Boththey can queue up to be next in line

7) Favourite Aussie and Indian cricketers. Of all time? Gilchrist and Tendulkar. Though it's hard to dismiss the king of swing.

8) Favourite LFC players.  I don't really care for any but Lallana and Hendo are okay.

9) Is @Anton really an Australian? Moreso than that other cunt.

7 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Here's a question for you I've asked various Aussies over the years and where I've had considerably different answers.  I know you haven't travelled much through Asia (except for the Philippines), but you may perceive the answer or the sentiments.  It's just that you guys are the odd ones out in that region of our planet. xD

I suppose @Anton who's lived in Japan will have a more general view.

• How do you think Australians are perceived by other Asian peoples from other countries when you're the odd ones out with your physical make-up and general culture being white European?

'Dumb, drunk, and racist' is the stereotype of Australians. Loud, vulgar, and aggressive are other perceptions. I think the main issue is that people from alien cultures struggle to understand 'banter'. As opposed to a friendly war of insult between friends I think people misconstrue it as sincerity. I honestly don't think it is true for the majority of Australians, maybe in the outback and bogan urban areas it's definitely the case but anyone that thinks it's the definite rule of thumb is a creature that suffers from the epidemic of 'culture cringe'. If you don't know about the later I'd suggest you read on it. The only 'cringe' I feel are those that don't think Australia has a 'culture' or are ashamed of the nation's history. Australia is one of the most accepting nations in the world, particularly towards those that want not just assimilate but add to the country. The most race obsessed nation in the world is the USA, I think the stereotype of 'dumb, drunk, and racist' is more applicable to the States.

• The topic was locked

Archived