talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

A Game Recommendation Needed

football forum

Look, I don't know about you, but I'm pissed off of playing repeated things in this quarantine. 
As I love playing soccer games, I have already played FIFA, PES, Brasfoot, Manager, etc. etc. The point is: I'M TIRED OF ALL OF THEM !!

Ok. Until now, the Football Team game has been a good option, but they are still in the pre-launch version, so I can only get coins and other achievements.

But I like this kinda games, although I also like RPG, action, 3rd person, etc.

↓ Anyway, leave some game recommendation that you think would fit for me !! ↓

Thanks a ton!!!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to A Game Recommendation Needed

Hi @Luan Pheppilpe - welcome to the forum! I can relate to feeling burned out on football games, I used to play FIFA/PES all the time (and Football Manager too when I was younger) - I've absolutely burned out on them. Especially football manager, as good as those games are they take so much time and are so addictive.

Do you like shooty games? Doom & Doom Eternal are worth checking out if you just want some good old fashioned guns & gore in a well made shooter game.

I've been playing a lot of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 for the last 2 days... so I feel like I have to recommend that. You don't really have to know a lot (or anything) about skateboarding, really, to enjoy it. It's sort of an arcadey take on skateboarding where you just try to put cool combos together. Sort of like Mortal Kombat... but on a skateboard xD It's a lot of fun.

Have you played The Witcher 3? That's a pretty incredible game, probably one of the most recommended games of the last 5 years. Also Red Dead Redemption 2 (or the first one, if you've never played that). Those are two excellent action/adventure type games. For other action/adventure games, I think Star Wars: The Fallen Order is a fun game (although it's a bit short tbh, but I really enjoyed the game).

As far as RPGs, the best one I've played in a long time was The Outer Worlds. It's a bit like Fallout New Vegas, but in outer space. It's got some funny dialogue and the choices you make are more impactful on the story than in something like Fallout 4. It's also a bit short, but I feel like RPGs in this style have a lot of replay value.

Divinity: Original Sin is another RPG I like to recommend if you like older-school RPG style games.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Luan Pheppilpe said:

Hey @Mel81x. Thank you for replying my post. Well, I'm looking forward to any platform xD, exception to Switch. So, go ahead with your recommendation, surely I will appreciate it. 

Oh, btw if you want to play Football Team with me, here's the link: https://en.footballteamgame.com/join 

Feel free to contact me! 

Thanks Luan. I don't really play Football team but thanks for the invite. @Dr. Gonzo has already listed some great titles but here are some others if you want to test waters and have a fun time doing so.

• Ori and The Will of the Wisps - Platformer (PC/XBOX)
  • Gears of War 5 - Run and Gun/Action (PC/XBOX)
  • Ghost of Tsushima - RPG/OpenWorld (PS4) - I can't recommend this one enough to people who want a nice slow immersive game
  • Horizon: Zero Dawn (PC/PS4) - RPG/Action - They've done a fairly cheap release of this on Steam so its worth a look
  • Control (Multi-platform) - Great 3rd person view and a good story.

Off-beat fun titles

• Spirifarer (PC/Switch) - Its such a calming and chill ride down death lane its quite fun and a total destresser
  • Dreamscaper - Overhead RPG
  • Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PC/PS4) - I only call this off-beat because its not for everyone and can get frustrating rather quickly but worth a look into if you like Dark Souls or Bloodborne
  • Shovel Knight - As old as this title is I think it lends to some fun platforming and is quite a good game to play. I think Ori is a bit easier but this game is also loads of fun
  • Stela - If you've ever played Limbo or Inside (both have great art and sound direction) then you'll love this game. Its straight-forward, simple puzzle scheme and doesn't require you to throw massive amounts of hardware at it to enjoy it.

There's so many more haha but I guess this is a good place to start. 

Archived