• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Jack Grealish

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

So Manchester are getting Sancho then? 

I'm still not convinced on it. I've always thought he'll have one more year at Dortmund before a move becomes inevitable after the Euros next year. Prior to Grealish signing his contract, I'd presume United would just grossly overpay for him to compensate, but after this news, I think the chances of them just giving Dortmund whatever they want becomes more likely. Have to wonder what they're stalling for over the price.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

So Manchester are getting Sancho then? 

Not sure. When Maddison signed a new contract, they thought they were getting Grealish. 

Now that Grealish has signed a new contract, doesn't necessarily mean Utd are getting Sancho. No doubt Villa have massively increased his wages. Clearly loves it there enough to stay and play at Villa. Had they got relegated though I doubt 1) they'd have been able to afford him and 2) he'd have stayed anyway and would have moved to stay in the Premier League.

• 2 months later...
  • Subscriber
Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

Aren't Villa a big club? Do all talented players have to be shipped off to oil clubs? 

I knew someone would say such a thing, but I didn’t expect it to be that quick. 

I mean in terms of winning and challenging for trophies domestically and also European. We both know that will not happen at Villa.

• Subscriber

United is a step down though I can’t see him going there. He wouldn’t be needed at Chelsea where they have depth in that area, but I can see him getting in any of the top 4/6 clubs to be honest. He’s 25 now I think? Him and his agent must be discussing it. The contract renewal will at least get Villa a decent fee for him. 

1 hour ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Does this man need to be at a bigger club?

He’s always been a class act, but he’s In the form of his career and getting the recognition off everyone that he deserves. 

Grealish is flavour of the month at the moment but I'd like to see him perform for club and country over the whole season personally. There is a bit of a clamour to build the England side round him on Social Media but as usual, this is an opinion based on one performance.

This season he should excel because Villa have brought in a decent striker in Watkins to provide goals, the likes of Barkley, a fit McGinn back to his best, leaving Grealish to go out and play a pretty free role to do as he pleases. Last season, it was literally all on him to do it all.

If he'll fit in anywhere for me, it'll be Arsenal, replacing Willian or Lacazette. He could play either side of the central striker and let Aubameyang be central where he should be. 

I like Grealish but I agree with @Lucas in that he seems to be a flavour of the month type player, unless I was watching a different game last night he done very little until the 80th minute but one bit of skill and he’s all they could talk about

One thing I’d say about him is that he does seem to slow play down a lot, not necessarily a fast moving/passing player

• The title was changed to Jack Grealish

Archived