• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FA Vase Final - South Shields vs Cleethorpes

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Toony said:

That's some effort.

Did Graham Fenton make the switch from managing North Shields to South Shields or did I completely dream that up?

He was at North Shields yeah, I have no idea why he switched but he's won the league with South Shields in his first season and North Shields finished 3rd. Only the team who is top go up, so it has payed off for him, they will be in a league for the whole of the north now instead of just the north east league.

He actually won the FA Vase with North Shields 2 years ago.

• Subscriber

Was it South Shields in the final a few years ago too? I went to this as it was between Coalville Town and a team from the north east, I think South Shields, and Coalville lost 3-2. Coalville absolutely dominated as well.

Whitley won it 3 years running.

I don't know what it is but the north east has absolutely dominated this competition for the last 8 years, winning it 7 times and having a finalist the only other year.

Whitley Bay, Dunston, Spennymoor, North Shields, Morpeth have all won it in the last 8 years. Now South Shields could win it. Hope Joe McElderry sings abide with me :ph34r:

The league they are all in which is made up of teams from Northumberland, Durham, Tyneside and Wearside must be a higher quality than the same level elsewhere in the country.

22 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Whitley won it 3 years running.

I don't know what it is but the north east has absolutely dominated this competition for the last 8 years, winning it 7 times and having a finalist the only other year.

Whitley Bay, Dunston, Spennymoor, North Shields, Morpeth have all won it in the last 8 years. Now South Shields could win it. Hope Joe McElderry sings abide with me :ph34r:

The league they are all in which is made up of teams from Northumberland, Durham, Tyneside and Wearside must be a higher quality than the same level elsewhere in the country.

Yeah, there's Penrith as well which is in Cumbria and a bit away from the rest of the teams in that league. I've been to a few games all over the place, South Shields are growing into a bit of a powerhouse at this level.

Hope they win today, think they will.

Archived