talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FC Augsburg Thread

football forum

167.png?lm=1403085893

The other team in Bavaria that will grace the Bundesliga this year. Were kind of a surprise to make it to this level, but have sense have become almost a mainstay in the league as of now. 

Augsburg_Performance_Chart.png

This year, they have some great, simple kits as they will try again to remain in the top division. 

image.thumb.png.c23060e50316d0f054e0b74e9ebbfc4d.png

Head coach is Heiko Herrlich 

image.jpeg.c6b6b876ce503bfd8e1a64919fc10330.jpeg

Augsburg Arena appears to be a really cool place from the photos. 

Goal for the 2020/21 season is to stay afloat in the Bundesliga, and typically to avoid relegation, you need to be average roughly a point per game, so that makes the goal to acquire 34 points, and anything more is just a luxury. 

Here are the first 5 fixtures for the new season! 

image.thumb.png.448f4826b19a8026278df3e697cd0d3d.png

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Are you becoming a member then? :) 

In the works - they sent me the English edition of the form, however it requires on financial talk not used here in the States so their English Correspondce is assisting me with that portion. Not too expensive really, 80€ for an entire year. 

• Upvote 2

Fuck...

Positiver Corona-Fall im Funktionsteam des FCA

Im Funktionsteam des FC Augsburg gibt es ein positives Testergebnis auf das COVID-19-Virus. Der betroffene Mitarbeiter hat nach dem Auftreten von Symptomen im familiären Umfeld unmittelbar Rücksprache mit den Mannschaftsärzten gehalten und keinen Kontakt mehr zum Team gehabt. Schon den Test hat er separat von der Mannschaft absolviert. Er befindet sich seither in häuslicher Quarantäne.

Beim DFB-Pokal-Spiel des FCA gegen den MTV Eintracht Celle am vergangenen Samstag war der Mitarbeiter nicht im Einsatz, so dass der letzte Kontakt zur Mannschaft am Vortag der Partie war. Seither wurden Spieler und Funktionsteam bereits zwei Mal getestet. Alle Ergebnisse fielen negativ aus. Vorsorglich hat der FCA eine zusätzliche Testung durchgeführt.

„Die Abläufe waren streng nach dem Hygienekonzept und konnten perfekt umgesetzt werden. Dieser Fall ist ein sehr gutes Beispiel, dass das Konzept greift“, sagt Stefan Reuter, Geschäftsführer Sport, über das besonnene Handeln des Mitarbeiters und der Mannschaftsärzte.

Der Mitarbeiter wird nach der Quarantäne erst wieder die Arbeit aufnehmen, wenn zwei negative Testergebnisse vorliegen.

https://www.fcaugsburg.de/de/article/positiver-corona-fall-im-funktionsteam-des-fca-12086

Some interesting facts before this weekend's match against Union. 

Exclusive circle: Union and FCA are two of seven clubs that have never been relegated from the Bundesliga (alongside Bayern, Leverkusen, Wolfsburg, Hoffenheim and Leipzig). While the Eiserne are going into their second year in the upper house, the tenth Bundesliga season is just around the corner for the FCA.

Anniversary: Midfielder Rani Khedira faces his 100th competitive game for FCA. The 26-year-old, who is in his fourth season on the Lech, has played 92 times in the Bundesliga for Augsburg (five goals), plus seven appearances in the DFB Cup.

Goalkeeper change: Andreas Luthe guarded the FCA goal last season, while Rafał Gikiewicz was between the posts at Union. In the summer, the two goalkeepers swapped sides - and now face their old club in the first competitive game of the season.

What a match today was, a lot of players stepped up, and kept doing whatever it took to frustrate Dortmund. Here are the goals. 

Thought Caligiuri was MOTM, but really there was no weak point in this team today. 

Top of the table which likely won't last another 24 hours, but that is fine, just love to see this team playing so well as a unit. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Next match is at Wolfsburg, good luck.

Yeah, I stressed the importance of the match against Union to start the year, as we had Dortmund, Wolfsburg, and then Leverkusen. 

If you'd offer me 3 points total for matches against Dortmund, Wolfsburg, and Leverkusen, I would have taken it, so having it with 2 matches to go is a sweet feeling. This is particularly good feeling after the collapse last year against Dortmund after being up 2 goals late. 

This team is playing really well, and I hope Vargas is up to play next week, and I expect use to play a similar lineup today, but I do think we are better with Jensen instead of Gregoritsch in the AM role. 

I think the overall plan was to work Gummy into the lineup, but Framburger has been so good early on that it's dumb to bench him while he is playing as well as he is. 

• 8 months later...
  • The title was changed to FC Augsburg Thread

That filter or whatever they applied to that pic looks weird. 

Also I'm pretty sure you guys don't need Kevin Danso. If you could send him back our way, that'd be great. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tommy said:

That filter or whatever they applied to that pic looks weird. 

Also I'm pretty sure you guys don't need Kevin Danso. If you could send him back our way, that'd be great. 

I think my wife told me it was the 'valencia' titled filter. 

And they use it all the time, but I agree, it looks weird. 

I'm pretty sure I don't like the kit, feels too much like Christmas. 

• Upvote 1