talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FC Augsburg Thread

football forum

• Subscriber
45 minutes ago, Tommy said:

They outbid Wolfsburg. 16 Mio Euros + Bonuses according to Kicker. How the fuck do Augsburg have that much money?

I see two possibilities:

1. The "secret" American investor group that was revealed a while ago bankrolling them;

or 

2. Bayern are involved, similar to our Gnabry deal.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

They outbid Wolfsburg. 16 Mio Euros + Bonuses according to Kicker. How the fuck do Augsburg have that much money?

Another American in the Bundesliga.  Will be interesting to see how he gets on.  This deal smells of secret cash stash though.

1 hour ago, nudge said:

I see two possibilities:

1. The "secret" American investor group that was revealed a while ago bankrolling them;

or 

2. Bayern are involved, similar to our Gnabry deal.

According to kicker it's the first option, due to said investor having stakes in Dallas (Pepi's former club) as well.

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber
48 minutes ago, Tommy said:

What a cringy video. 

Time to jump on the Augsburg hate wagon. :ph34r:

No wonder Eco ran away. 

He didn't run away. He has had plenty of stuff to deal with lately, so I imagine posting on the forum is the last thing on his mind.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nudge said:

He didn't run away. He has had plenty of stuff to deal with lately, so I imagine posting on the forum is the last thing on his mind.

Yes, because I was being serious. 

• 3 weeks later...

Augsburg had to clarify that Markus Weinzierl did in fact not pee on Ricardo Pepi. What the hell? xD

Apparently Pepi's alleged fake quote was: "I have to get used to the German culture. When I went into the showers after my first training, I felt something on my thighs. Markus Weinzierl peed on me, and said it's just part of game. I'm just a player." 

This is so bizarre. Why would anyone fabricate such a quote? 

• Administrator
48 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Augsburg had to clarify that Markus Weinzierl did in fact not pee on Ricardo Pepi. What the hell? xD

Apparently Pepi's alleged fake quote was: "I have to get used to the German culture. When I went into the showers after my first training, I felt something on my thighs. Markus Weinzierl peed on me, and said it's just part of game. I'm just a player." 

This is so bizarre. Why would anyone fabricate such a quote? 

This is definitely one for @nudge's German Football quiz in a few years time...

• Haha 2

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Augsburg seem to have made some really shrewd young signings during this January transfer window. Augsburg have signed the Croatian duo, Dion Beljo and David Colina, as well as teenage Belgian prospect Arne Engels.

Dion Beljo was bought by Augsburg from Osijek for a bargain 3 million. The 20 year old centre-forward is a regular for the Croatian under-21 national team and has been among the leading scorers in the Croatian league over the past 2 years, despite his very young age. Beljo will hope to continue his scoring spree for Augsburg in the Bundesliga.

David Colina was bought for only 650,000, as he, similar to Beljo, was coming towards the end of his contract at his respective club Hajduk Split. Colina who is 22, is a left-back and like Beljo, is an established Croatian under-21 player. Moreover, he has also played at various youth levels for Croatia, similar to Beljo. Colina was on the books of leading French club AS Monaco as a teenager, has since proven himself to be one of the best players in his position in Croatia. 

Arne Engels was bought from leading Belgian side, Club Brugge. The Belgian 19 year old teenager is highly rated in Belgium and his position on the field of play, is right midfield, but he can also play in central midfield when required. He looks like another good addition 

Not content with these 3 January signings, Augsburg are also after another former AS Monaco player in French centre-forward Irvin Cardona. Cardona, who is 25, is a skilled forward who could be another useful addition to the Augsburg attack. In fact, Cardona was reported to have had his medical with Augsburg today, so barring any last minute hiccups, he should be an official Augsburg player in a few days.

Augsburg have also said that they want to buy a defensive midfielder in January and the player that they have tracked for a while in this position is Tim Breithaupt. Breithaupt who is 20, has been one of Karlsruhe's best midfielders this season and is seen as the ideal replacement for Ecuadorian international midfielder, Carlos Gruezo, who wants to leave Augsburg this month.

Augsburg will play Dortmund away from home as the Bundesliga resumes in a few days time. I don't see Augsburg getting much out of that game, but with their new signings, I can see them grabbing some valuable points in future Bundesliga matches this season. Beljo in particular, looks like a class act, who will finally be able to try and prove himself in a major league. From what I have seen of him, I think that he should be a success for Augsburg in the Bundesliga.

Edited by Michael

Not only have Augsburg completed the transfer signing of French forward Irvin Cardona, but they have also loaned Italy under-21 international striker Kelvin Yeboah, from Italian club Genoa. Augsburg have an option to buy Yeboah permanently at the end of the season if they think he has been a success. 

So that's 5 signings by Augsburg already in this January transfer window. Three of the signings are forwards, so it should be interesting to see how Augsburg perform with their new signings in their side. They have certainly been very busy in this winter transfer window and I wouldn't even rule out a further signing from them this January.

• 4 months later...
  • Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

No new contract for Gikiewicz. Very capable keeper on the market. :o 

Well, he is definitely not going to end up in Bremen, that's for sure... xD 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Well, he is definitely not going to end up in Bremen, that's for sure... xD 

Talking of Bremen... When are we getting Fullkrug??? Top scorer in the league this season and worth a punt now we have a new manager.. :ph34r:

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Talking of Bremen... When are we getting Fullkrug??? Top scorer in the league this season and worth a punt now we have a new manager.. :ph34r:

As soon as you transfer those 50 million into our bank account... 

You got a new manager? xD