• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FC Augsburg Thread

football forum

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Eco said:

Not a bad match at all. Thought we played well against the PSG B squad. 

I missed Draxler though, and wish he'd come back to the Bundesliga. 

Sorry about my ex pupil - I'll have a wo4rd later, but them, he always did his own thing....

Just now, SchalkeUK said:

Sorry about my ex pupil - I'll have a wo4rd later, but them, he always did his own thing....

I loved him at Wolfsburg too, just had so many moments of brilliance. 

27 minutes ago, Eco said:

I loved him at Wolfsburg too, just had so many moments of brilliance. 

Particularly when he decided to play in the correct direction rather than going back to his old habits of passing it back often!

Reports are that we are trying to sign New England Revolution's Tajon Buchanan. Young, fast, and athletic, and I think would be a quality signing. 

However, this would be an odd signing, as he plays the same at Richter, Hahn, and Caligiuri, so we don't really have a need in that role, unless one of the mentioned is on his way out. 

• Subscriber

Udokhai is reportedly a transfer target for Atalanta. Augsburg are expected to let him go for 15m.

That would put you in a quite precarious situation, no? With Strobl and Oxford both injured, and Danso wanting to leave, Augsburg would have only one proper CB at the start of the season...

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Udokhai is reportedly a transfer target for Atalanta. Augsburg are expected to let him go for 15m.

That would put you in a quite precarious situation, no? With Strobl and Oxford both injured, and Danso wanting to leave, Augsburg would have only one proper CB at the start of the season...

I haven't heard anything about Udokhai, but would obviously be a massive loss if he leaves. 

Until Oxford and Danso are back, our back line would look something like - 

Iago - Gouweleeuw - Winther - Framberger

That is horrid, but hopefully with the money we'd get from Udokhai, we can get another CB to replace. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Eco said:

I haven't heard anything about Udokhai, but would obviously be a massive loss if he leaves. 

Until Oxford and Danso are back, our back line would look something like - 

Iago - Gouweleeuw - Winther - Framberger

That is horrid, but hopefully with the money we'd get from Udokhai, we can get another CB to replace. 

https://www.transfermarkt.de/-bdquo-sport1-ldquo-atalanta-nimmt-uduokhai-ins-visier-ndash-ersatz-bei-romero-abgang-zu-tottenham/view/news/390067

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Eco said:

Well damn. I even checked on there but the English version is mute about any such move. 

Yeah, the English version hasn't got a great coverage, imo.

5 minutes ago, nudge said:

I'd recommend checking this every once in a while for a visual overview of latest rumours: https://www.transfermarkt.de/geruchtekuche/detail/forum/154

This is looks like it's saying there is a decent chance Danso is heading to RC Lens. 

I hope Augsburg know what they are doing...our defense is looking very weak at the moment. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Eco said:

This is looks like it's saying there is a decent chance Danso is heading to RC Lens. 

I hope Augsburg know what they are doing...our defense is looking very weak at the moment. 

Yeah, I mean, take those percentages with a grain of salt as it's just the guesswork of the community based on latest media reports. But I do think Danso will leave. He is sulking and went on some sort of a "strike" because he wants to leave, so I think it's either selling him or letting him sit in the stands for the rest of his contract, which would just as pointless...

14 hours ago, nudge said:

Augsburg are being investigated on suspicion of wage splitting and failure to adhere to minimal wage law for coaches and other employees in youth teams.

Between this and them secretly getting a new investor, I really did pick a great team. 

Christ on popsicle stick...this should NEVER be happening, especially with all the money Augsburg have gotten from these investors recently. 

Hopefully it's not true, but damn, not a good look regardless. 

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Eco said:

Between this and them secretly getting a new investor, I really did pick a great team. 

Christ on popsicle stick...this should NEVER be happening, especially with all the money Augsburg have gotten from these investors recently. 

Hopefully it's not true, but damn, not a good look regardless. 

Sadly they are not the only ones, as it's common practice in many (if not all) football clubs in Germany. It's just that Augsburg made headlines this time due to investigations, and hopefully the same happens to all other clubs. A real shame, considering how much money there is in professional football. The fact that the likes of Bayern have an annual turnover of 700 million yet pay their youth coaches less than 400€ a month is fucking outrageous.

Worth reading (and watching): 
https://www.sportschau.de/fussball/bundesliga/minijobs-nlz-trainer-bundesliga-100.html

https://www.sportschau.de/fussball/bundesliga/minijobber-nlz-trainer-antworten-klubs-100.html

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Sadly they are not the only ones, as it's common practice in many (if not all) football clubs in Germany. It's just that Augsburg made headlines this time due to investigations, and hopefully the same happens to all other clubs. A real shame, considering how much money there is in professional football. The fact that the likes of Bayern have an annual turnover of 700 million yet pay their youth coaches less than 400€ a month is fucking outrageous.

Worth reading (and watching): 
https://www.sportschau.de/fussball/bundesliga/minijobs-nlz-trainer-bundesliga-100.html

https://www.sportschau.de/fussball/bundesliga/minijobber-nlz-trainer-antworten-klubs-100.html

Yeah - just a shame. 

if we have to suffer public humiliation so that other clubs change their structure and properly pay their staff? Then so be it. 

I'm just tired of being in the news for the wrong reasons. 

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Eco said:

Reports coming out that we are working to sign Arne Maier from Hertha. 

Maybe a swap deal including Richter. 

Not exactly a swap deal apparently, just two separate transfers. Maier is reportedly set to join Augsburg on loan with an option to buy, which automatically activates if he plays at least 25 matches for Augsburg in the new season.

Richter is reportedly going to Hertha on a permanent transfer, with transfer fee up to 8 million.

Good deals for Augsburg, if true. Maier with Dorsch in midfield should work well.

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Not exactly a swap deal apparently, just two separate transfers. Maier is reportedly set to join Augsburg on loan with an option to buy, which automatically activates if he plays at least 25 matches for Augsburg in the new season.

Richter is reportedly going to Hertha on a permanent transfer, with transfer fee up to 8 million.

Good deals for Augsburg, if true. Maier with Dorsch in midfield should work well.

Fair enough, I saw them both gaining steam so I figured some kind of swap deal would make the most sense. I'm certainly happy with that pairing in the midfield. 

I'm still worried about the backline, especially with the injuries and rumors of outgoing moves. 

I'm excited for the moves we are making, just would like some help in the backline and maybe a replacement for Gregoritsch up front. 

Archived