talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FC Augsburg Thread

football forum

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Eco said:

Fair enough, I saw them both gaining steam so I figured some kind of swap deal would make the most sense. I'm certainly happy with that pairing in the midfield. 

I'm still worried about the backline, especially with the injuries and rumors of outgoing moves. 

I'm excited for the moves we are making, just would like some help in the backline and maybe a replacement for Gregoritsch up front. 

Yeah, I'm sure you'll sign one or more defenders before the new season starts. Would be mad not to.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Eco said:

Didn't see it, but hope he recovers soon...

He's in intensive care apparently. Has a hairline fracture in his skull. But they say he's doing well under the circumstances. 

• Wow 1
  • Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...

See that we are being linked with Ristu Doan. 

Saw him a few times with Arminia, and wasn't incredibly impressed, but who knows...? We need someone to score goals for us so I'm up for anything at this point. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Eco said:

Saw him a few times with Arminia, and wasn't incredibly impressed, but who knows...? We need someone to score goals for us so I'm up for anything at this point. 

Doan is class, would be a great signing for you, imo.

• Upvote 1

Just now, nudge said:

Doan is class, would be a great signing for you, imo.

I think I watched him...twice? And he was meh. 

He did quite well for my Comunio team though last year if I remember correctly. 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Eco said:

I think I watched him...twice? And he was meh. 

He did quite well for my Comunio team though last year if I remember correctly. 

I thought he was pretty impressive for Arminia last season and played a role in them avoiding relegation, and whenever I watched him play for Japan, he's been absolute class as well. Definitely a lot of talent and potential in there. 

13 minutes ago, nudge said:

I thought he was pretty impressive for Arminia last season and played a role in them avoiding relegation, and whenever I watched him play for Japan, he's been absolute class as well. Definitely a lot of talent and potential in there. 

Same. Every time I watched Arminia play last season, he stood out. A few minutes ago I read that he was sometimes inconsistent. That must have been in the Arminia games I didn't watch. xD

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Same. Every time I watched Arminia play last season, he stood out. A few minutes ago I read that he was sometimes inconsistent. That must have been in the Arminia games I didn't watch. xD

I mean, it's probably not surprising if a 22 year old Japanese in his first season in Germany playing for a freshly promoted team has a few sub-par games xD 

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, Eco said:

I watched quite a few Arminia matches and I thought he was badass.  Their fans were bummed when he went back to PSV.  Klos and Doan were the only offensive threats they had all season.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...