talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Do You Think Chelsea Will Retain Their Title?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is no way you can spend £100m+ in a transfer window, sign players two separate first elevens, have some of the best academies in England and the world and still struggle to compete in multiple competitions.

It never used to be a problem for United/Liverpool/Arsenal/Chelsea so I don't see why it is now.

But for Chelsea, I think if they sign Morata and bring in a few more additions I don't see why they can't.

14 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

The thing is, we are already better than them. Bravo was a big mistake and key players injured most the season (Kompany, Gundogan) stoppped us running away with it plus next season we will have 3 top young fullbacks, a world class keeper and CB plus Jesus for the full season too

Thats ridiculous to suggest you're better than them when they finished so far ahead of you.  You don't have enough strength in depth. The best teams don't finish third because of a few injuries. 

• 2 weeks later...

I certainly expect them to get Top 4 again next season, but as for retaining the title, that'd be tough. Spurs would be up there again and would be determined to go all the way this time around, the Manchester clubs would be improving and getting much better, I think Liverpool would also have something to say in Klopp's third season....it would be very difficult

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

I have a feeling it'll be Giroud's season next year.  Watch out! :coffee:

I seriously actually have a feeling Wenger will retire winning the Premier League haha, it'd be the fairytale ending and one that he deserves too, after all the over the top criticism ( to put it mildly ) the fans have been giving him.  

Let's see if I turn out to be right. 

Just now, Messiesta said:

I seriously actually have a feeling Wenger will retire winning the Premier League haha, it'd be the fairytale ending and one that he deserves too, after all the over the top criticism ( to put it mildly ) the fans have been giving him.  

Let's see if I turn out to be right. 

He already has one that and more than once.  He needs to win the Champions League as a manager to prove his status.  That's where it's at.

3 hours ago, SirBalon said:

He already has one that and more than once.  He needs to win the Champions League as a manager to prove his status.  That's where it's at.

So after not winning the league in about 9 years,  by breaking that drought he still wouldn't have redeemed himself? Especially with the likes of Guardiola, Mourinho, Klopp etc. lurking about? 

Okay xD

I agree, though, winning the Champions League would be far bigger. 

18 minutes ago, Messiesta said:

So after not winning the league in about 9 years,  by breaking that drought he still wouldn't have redeemed himself? Especially with the likes of Guardiola, Mourinho, Klopp etc. lurking about? 

Okay xD

I agree, though, winning the Champions League would be far bigger. 

Of course winning the Premier League would be massive from an Arsenal fan perspective. But his status (which I think is overboard) in football requires him to win the Champions League for me. 

Early prediction is the Manchester clubs will make top 2. Pep is building a strong team and won't have another bad season. He's a winner. Mourinho's second seasons are usually very strong as well. Both clubs will try to buy the title in the summer and one of them will.

• Subscriber

The league is completely unpredictable at the moment with the top six teams having such massive potential but all of them (except Tottenham) currently sitting way short of it.

City and Chelsea the potential to piss the league next season with a good summer and a bit of luck. United and Spurs could easily challenge seriously if City and Chelsea don't maximise their opportunities. Liverpool and Arsenal very unlikely but not impossible if they get everything right.

I must say given a question mark over them is how they'd cope with injuries and more fixtures I am dissapointed they're looking to loan out their young players again. There's talk of Nathan Ake leaving perminantly, Tammy Abraham going Newcastle and Dominic Solanke has already left. I hope it's not a similar fate for Chalobah, Baker, Loftus Cheek etc.

• 5 weeks later...

Not for me no... we had a few things in our favour to win it but with us back in the CL we will be properly stretched if we don't strengthen well in the summer.

We should be there or about's but doubt we will retain it

• 4 months later...

Archived