Sassuolo vs Cagliari, 17.00
Juventus vs Sampdoria, 19.45

Monday 21st September, 2020
AC Milan vs Bologna, 19.45

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feels like it's never been away...

It's going to be probably weirder in these games than the restart over summer. So many clubs are only just putting together their squads for the upcoming season, and probably will be for the first few weeks of the season.

From Roma's point of view, unless the whole striker transfer saga is done quicky, this is going to be a bit of a struggle. Dzeko has pulled them out of so many bad performances with his goals, and whether he actually plays until his move or not. And Milik will need time to find his place in the team, and that's not even touching on Zaniolo missing (probably) the entire season.

The games against Verona has a dull 0-0 written all over it.

I watched a lot of Hellas Verona last season, mainly for Sofyan Amrabat, now he's at Fiorentina so I'm looking forward to seeing how he does there.

I also have high hopes for Milan this season, I'm looking forward to seeing Bennacer and Tonali playing together.

28 minutes ago, AMG said:

I really expect Milan to field a 3rd rate side here, because the priority is clearly Europa League, and the game in 3 days time.

I don't get this mindset. Milan should always be fighting for a CL spot in the league, and your Europa League match is against a team I have never heard of and a team that looks unable to make of their mind as to what they are called...I mean what kind of name is FK Bodo/Glimt?

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Eco said:

I don't get this mindset. Milan should always be fighting for a CL spot in the league, and your Europa League match is against a team I have never heard of and a team that looks unable to make of their mind as to what they are called...I mean what kind of name is FK Bodo/Glimt?

Norwegian side. 

I think there should be a mix of first teamers/fringe players. 

Just now, Stan said:

Norwegian side. 

I think there should be a mix of first teamers/fringe players. 

I knew that but I had to google. 

Probably a healthy mix, sure but a 2nd team at Milan should be able to defeat Bodo with some comparability.

3 hours ago, Eco said:

Do you like Poli in charge? I couldn't stand him when he was at Internazionale. 

I quite liked Gattuso, but then he quit. https://www.acmilaninfo.com/sky-the-reason-why-leonardo-gattuso-left-milan/

The problem was that Milan and Gazidis wanted to buy youngsters and build a team. Maybe take a couple of years of bening non-competitive, but prepare for the longer run. And this transfer window is a sort of reference to that. Dont really think Pioli has bought any player over 30. Gattuso wanted instantaneous success. You know, buy superstars, lets just get competitive. Not his fault as well. He's a player who's played won two champions leagues, two Serie-A titles, and played with some of the Milan GOATs. Must've hurt him to see Milan not become instantly competitive. He was quite hot headed anyway.

Pioli, and to a certain extent all managers, with age become more restrained, are okay with being mid-table. I think he's mature enough to build a side. Whether he is to lead a side to titles, I dont know.

As long as he doesnt sign Bakayoko, or signs him on loan, I'm okay with it. Seriously, fuck Bakayoko.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

:o Can't see the tweet in full but what was the error? Eligibility?

The midfielder turned 23 in July, so was no longer eligible for the Under-22 list that he had been on last season.

However, Diawara was not registered on the senior player list, even after the Lega Serie A informed Roma of the error.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived