• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man Utd 1-3 Crystal Palace - Saturday 19th September, 2020

football forum

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RandoEFC said:

Then fine that's a penalty but that's not even close to what happened so I don't see how it's relevant.

Because I'm saying where do you draw the line? An unintentional handball blocking a shot on the line is a penalty but an unintentional handball blocking a shot 2 metres out isn't?

What do United fans here feel about Lindelof? I've seen online some people think he's a good defender, others seem to really hate him. United's reddit fanbase is probably the most diverse group of internet fans in the world though so you basically the full spectrum of people rating him to hating him.

He's been abysmal today though. Is he sort of Lovren-esque? Capable of great games, but also capable of massive blunders?

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

ZAHA!

Yeah, Ayew took a really shit penalty. So on the retake they had Zaha do it.

Is that now allowed?

We have to assume so.... could you imagine if United said "Hang on a second we just want to change our goalie for this second attempt"  laughable... 

2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Didn't see it but heard it hit his arm at very close range so unintentional?? Only on this occasion it's given for being handball regardless... will that rule be applied in all games or will it be open to the refs judgment on each occasion?? 

If they check it with VAR, they usually apply the rule consistently. The issue is when it's outside the box they usually instinctively apply the old rule. Whatever you think about the new rule, it needs to be done consistently or it's chaos

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

What do United fans here feel about Lindelof? I've seen online some people think he's a good defender, others seem to really hate him. United's reddit fanbase is probably the most diverse group of internet fans in the world though so you basically the full spectrum of people rating him to hating him.

He's been abysmal today though. Is he sort of Lovren-esque? Capable of great games, but also capable of massive blunders?

He’s fucking shite. That whole back 4 need binning off. Cunts.

Nothing will satisfy me until Liverpool ruins a generation of Man Utd fans childhoods, like United did to me.

It’ll never happen the same way. It’ll always recycle with Chelsea and Liverpool. Will languish forever until those fucking Glazer cunts die. Every last one of them.

Even AWB? Or just THIS back 4 today?

AWB has regressed if anything. No consistency whatsoever. But having Fosuh-Mensah start a league game today tells you all you need to know about this club. We’re an absolute shambles. I’d genuinely take relegation if it meant hitting the reset button.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, ...Dan said:

Because I'm saying where do you draw the line? An unintentional handball blocking a shot on the line is a penalty but an unintentional handball blocking a shot 2 metres out isn't?

Why do you have to draw a line? Hire some referees that have a couple of brain cells to rub together who can look at an incident and decide whether something unfair happened using their common sense. It's not rocket science. Ayew wasn't even appealing for anything there because it was so far away from being an unfair intervention from Lindelof.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Nothing will satisfy me until Liverpool ruins a generation of Man Utd fans childhoods, like United did to me.

I'm no expert on the 90s Liverpool but didn't the team do a lot of silly things to itself? Letting McManaman leave for free, the silly 'Spice Boys' era, signing Diouf instead of Anelka, selling Owen for pennies, letting Fowller go to early, yadda yadda yadda

Kinda like United now

5 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

What if the defender is on the goal line and a shot hits his hand from close range? It's not intentional but it stops a goal.

4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Then fine that's a penalty but that's not even close to what happened so I don't see how it's relevant.

Did we not discuss the clarity of the rule last season??? To be clear for everyone the rule needs to be simple, if it hits the hand intentional or not it has to be a penalty so that everyone knows exactly where they stand regarding the rule or it will continue to be confusing when one ref gives it and another does not for differing reasons, As long as it's not crystal clear then it will always cause problems and controversy.. 

• Subscriber

Palace were good for the win today. They worked harder, pushed United when they lost the ball and looked the more ready to play team. As for that penalty, even if its the rule, Atkinson goes to the monitor and then decides to give it. So really you have to question what he must have been thinking when he gave it. The rules might be what they are but the referee has the final decision so I can't see how he has looked at it and given it in the end. 

1 minute ago, Spike said:

I'm no expert on the 90s Liverpool but didn't the team do a lot of silly things to itself? Letting McManaman leave for free, the silly 'Spice Boys' era, signing Diouf instead of Anelka, selling Owen for pennies, letting Fowller go to early, yadda yadda yadda

Imo most of our problems in the 90s were because of Souness deciding to rip up King Kenny's side and put his "stamp" on things. He was a bad manager (at least he had the decency to realise he wasn't cut out for the Liverpool job and left relatively quick). Still doesn't mean United didn't ruin my childhood - if it was just Arsenal v. Chelsea those 3 decades winning for the title that would have been more palatable. But yeah, a lot of our problems were self inflicted. Having said that, a lot of United problems right now are also self-inflicted.

Imo most of our problems in the 90s were because of Souness deciding to rip up King Kenny's side and put his "stamp" on things. He was a bad manager (at least he had the decency to realise he wasn't cut out for the Liverpool job and left relatively quick). Still doesn't mean United didn't ruin my childhood - if it was just Arsenal v. Chelsea those 3 decades winning for the title that would have been more palatable. But yeah, a lot of our problems were self inflicted. Having said that, a lot of United problems right now are also self-inflicted.

That's too bad. Probably right decision to break down Daglish's team but the wrong bloke did it.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived