• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man Utd 1-3 Crystal Palace - Saturday 19th September, 2020

football forum

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

That penalty is an absolute disgrace to be honest, it's funny and it's karma after the nonsense of last season but football's in a very bleak place when that can be considered a penalty.

Funny result though. Palace's knack of winning away to the bigger sides is something I envy.

13 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

What do United fans here feel about Lindelof? I've seen online some people think he's a good defender, others seem to really hate him. United's reddit fanbase is probably the most diverse group of internet fans in the world though so you basically the full spectrum of people rating him to hating him.

He's been abysmal today though. Is he sort of Lovren-esque? Capable of great games, but also capable of massive blunders?

In fairness to Lindelof, he does play well for Sweden and looked a lot better at Benfica.  I think the pace and the physicality of the Premier is too much fir him.

• Subscriber

Palace played Man Utd like a fiddle there. Made them look incredibly easy to shut down and exposed that any counter attacking side with some pace can give Maguire and Lindelof a sizeable headache.

Pretty hilarious after the summer football social media narrative was that Palace will finally take the plunge this season. Looking at Fulham and West Brom, you've already got two sides coming up that look totally unspectacular and the rest of the bottom half of the league can't claim to have a player in the same league as Zaha. Hodgson's Palace have to be one of my favourite unsuspecting shithouse teams of all time.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Palace played Man Utd like a fiddle there. Made them look incredibly easy to shut down and exposed that any counter attacking side with some pace can give Maguire and Lindelof a sizeable headache.

Pretty hilarious after the summer football social media narrative was that Palace will finally take the plunge this season. Looking at Fulham and West Brom, you've already got two sides coming up that look totally unspectacular and the rest of the bottom half of the league can't claim to have a player in the same league as Zaha. Hodgson's Palace have to be one of my favourite unsuspecting shithouse teams of all time.

I think they could play on for another 50 years and I don't think I'd be able to decide if I rate them or not.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Spike said:

My word, Evra is talking absolute nonsense. Souness apologised to CP and gave them credit for playing so well but Evra said paraphrased  'teams only show up for ManUnited and United make them look good'.

Got to lap up their super six somehow.

I'm not having Manchester United at all. They're not a good side. That right hand side they named today is borderline Championship level. It's pitiful and yet so many of their fans seem to accept it. Glazers have played a large percentage of their fanbase superbly. Must absolutely rile you if you're a Manchester United fan with ambition, and standards that a club of their size should have.

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

By the way, for supposedly the best pundit we have, Gary Neville spending 20 minutes whining about two objectively correct decisions (the decisions, not the rules themselves) is absolutely pathetic

I like Neville but he's been embarrassingly biased lately. Remember him saying the Fernandes pen v Villa was a penalty as well.

53 minutes ago, Dan said:

Got to lap up their super six somehow.

I'm not having Manchester United at all. They're not a good side. That right hand side they named today is borderline Championship level. It's pitiful and yet so many of their fans seem to accept it. Glazers have played a large percentage of their fanbase superbly. Must absolutely rile you if you're a Manchester United fan with ambition, and standards that a club of their size should have.

Personally, I think it was a message to the board. That right side is absolutely championship level with James and Fosuh-Mensah. Matters very little though. No further money will be spent till next summer. They’ve got their CL qualification and that’s all that matters to the sponsors and corporate. 

4 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Anyone else hear Evra casually slipping it in on Sky about Zaha banging Moyes’ daughter xD

yeah they had to issue an apology, of course Evra didn't make the apology being the little bitch he is

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Personally, I think it was a message to the board. That right side is absolutely championship level with James and Fosuh-Mensah. Matters very little though. No further money will be spent till next summer. They’ve got their CL qualification and that’s all that matters to the sponsors and corporate. 

It's a double edged sword for Solskjaer. I just think in general your fans aren't anti-Glazer enough. I mean a lot of you are, but too many aren't, it would frustrate the fuck out of me. There is absolutely no reason you shouldn't be challenging for everything.

1 minute ago, Dan said:

It's a double edged sword for Solskjaer. I just think in general your fans aren't anti-Glazer enough. I mean a lot of you are, but too many aren't, it would frustrate the fuck out of me. There is absolutely no reason you shouldn't be challenging for everything.

Too many day trippers and happy go lucky bellends. The problem is that call them out, people say you’re spoilt and go on and on about Bolton and Bury. Stay quiet and you don’t care about your club. Liverpool we’re lucky that at the time, they weren’t a commercial juggernaut that Hicks and Gillet could cream, otherwise they’d be in the same predicament as us right now.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived