talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man Utd 1-3 Crystal Palace - Saturday 19th September, 2020

football forum

5 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Too many day trippers and happy go lucky bellends. The problem is that call them out, people say you’re spoilt and go on and on about Bolton and Bury. Stay quiet and you don’t care about your club. Liverpool we’re lucky that at the time, they weren’t a commercial juggernaut that Hicks and Gillet could cream, otherwise they’d be in the same predicament as us right now.

Hicks & Gillett actually hired the guy that raised our commercial profile petty significantly once they fucked off. They just tried to saddle us with too much debt too quickly without realising we didn’t make anywhere near as much as you. If they’d been more incremental with saddling us with debt they’d probably still be the owners. Then again, I don’t think they could have bought us without the massive loans they took out either. They’re also not as rich as the Glazers either.

They were basically just more incompetent versions of your owners. I don’t know if you have any supporter groups that sound like some kind of weird gang from a dystopian future, but Spirit of Shankly took a lead in some fairly effective protests. And a lot of it was shit you could do without leaving your house. But they somehow knew what banks the club was applying for more loans too & it was coordinated protests to irritate banks enough to make them not want to deal with the club.

But it’ll make the atmosphere toxic as fuck (when fans are back in the stadium) and you probably can’t expect good football results with that. Especially if your club needs the loans for the money to progress & your fans are capable of being too annoying for bank PR people to deal with manages to pay off.

• The topic was unpinned
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

United are crying out for at least three defenders more than are for Sancho. Lindelof is the latest Pepsi competition winner to win a contract at United after Rojo, Smalling and Jones, Fosu-Mensah sounds like a rare debilitating disease, Maguire has cold sweats walking past Greek yogurt in Waitrose and Shaw is 85% custard.

1 minute ago, Smiley Culture said:

United are crying out for at least three defenders more than are for Sancho. Lindelof is the latest Pepsi competition winner to win a contract at United after Rojo, Smalling and Jones, Fosu-Mensah sounds like a rare debilitating disease, Maguire has cold sweats walking past Greek yogurt in Waitrose and Shaw is 85% custard.

Ethan Laird was keeping Brandon Williams out of the RB position in the youth teams. Why Fosuh-Mensah is being played ahead of Laird at RB is beyond me. I’d genuinely rather have Smalling and Jones at CB than Maguire and Lindelof. The fact Solksjaer will inevitably turn to Bailly horrifies me. Said to a mate last night, Sancho is the least of our concerns right now. He wouldn’t make a difference in a team that can’t string 4 passes together and defends like Sunday league.

1 hour ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

Man Utd have spent £1bn+ on players in the last 7 years. 

What about the clowns behind these transfers and managerial appointments? People like Alex Ferguson should surely be booted out the club. His advice is atrocious.

:ph34r:

Our scouting network is hideous. The Glazers believe that signing a big time Charlie for top dollar every 2 years will sell some shirts, merch and sponsors rolling in. And they’ve been proven right so far. I’ve said it time and time again. As long as the club services their other debts and pays them dividends, they couldn’t give a shiny shite about winning. 

14 hours ago, Spike said:

@The Palace Fan

How do you feel about Zaha? Two goals but he was acting like a prick during the off-season.

He will always be a club legend for what he's done on the pitch in the last ten years.

I'm still not fussed if he goes. The board have shown with their transfer targets this summer that they can invest the money wisely.

Just seen the goals.... bit of a shambles, should never have been given as handball, totally accidental and if the ref can't tell that looking at the monitor then what use are they.. Then the penalty retake was harsh I thought, I have no idea how they can expect keepers to be pinned to that line, some movement and anticipation is part of a keepers job.. Lastly should have been the same player taking the second penalty because that's just wrong for me... At least the ref went and used the pitch side monitor I suppose which was more than they were doing last season but fat lot of good that's going to be if they are going to be making poor calls like that.. 

• Subscriber

Just watched the highlights and as per normal I was choking on my coffee every time Palace went on the attack but saying that it's the same with any team we play and our defence is like watching a Sunday league early morning match, guys with raging hangovers and ready to spew up, I wish to fuck the Glazers would sell up and fuck off somewhere else and take Ole with them, all they are interested in is the brand name of United and would not have a clue what a bloody corner flag is.

Saying that I got the score right in Stan's matchday chat thread 3-1, but I got the team as United winning wrong but what I said came true " Not gonna be an easy one, Zaha is the one to watch and if we lose then I gather Zaha will be involved playing against his old club, ........... "

Archived