talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal 2-1 West Ham - Saturday 19th September, 2020

football forum

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Arsenal 1-1 (Antonio, 45") West Ham - Saturday 19th September, 2020
  • The title was changed to Arsenal (Nketiah, 84") 2-1 West Ham - Saturday 19th September, 2020
2 minutes ago, Batard said:

He is always better when the rest of the Black Eyed peas are around 

Reading he was average tonight which is what you get with Will I am.. One really good game then 3 average ones.. Having said that it sounds like the whole side have been below par so not suggesting it was just him like...  Arsenal are a bit like us in that respect no natural leaders in the side and when things go a bit Pete Tong there is no-one that can gather the troops and drive the team on... 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Reading he was average tonight which is what you get with Will I am.. One really good game then 3 average ones.. Having said that it sounds like the whole side have been below par so not suggesting it was just him like...  Arsenal are a bit like us in that respect no natural leaders in the side and when things go a bit Pete Tong there is no-one that can gather the troops and drive the team on... 

Fergie had above average breasts. The only reason to be interested in the BEP

Missed the game due to work, seems as though its the same old. Don't really know what you can expect when the team finished 8th and there has been no drastic improvement to important areas. Midfield needs serious reinforcements before the end of the window at the minimum, and I'd still love to swap Lacazette out for another forward. 

Suppose you can't complain about 6 points to start but we have just played 2 of the worst teams in the league. Work to be done. 

We may have won, but that was awful. Arteta shouldn't be going into that dressing room celebrating, he should be telling them that their performance was nowhere near good enough, and they'll be punished by better clubs if they continue to play like that.

• The title was changed to Arsenal 2-1 West Ham - Saturday 19th September, 2020
6 hours ago, shut up said:

Kolasinac is bad. We also need another creative midfielder. We can't keep relying on Ceballos all the time.

We can't keep playing this 343 shite. We're giving up a man in midfield and it's costing us. 

I’ll say again, that three at the back stuff works wonders at times but isn’t sustainable. I’ve watched Conte heavily rely on it and Lampard use it sparingly last season. It can make average players look better as it gives them a specific role and duty which in turn generates certain playing patterns and movements for the team overall. It works like clockwork. The system promotes a stability and unity which will bring you success but at the same time its rigidness is also likely to be your downfall. 

Football isn’t as simple as putting eleven players in a shape and expecting to see results, it’s a lot more than that of course. What I see though with Arsenal at the moment is a team hiding behind a system almost. Arsenal will beat most teams on their day but they won’t be able to sustain it to make a truly worthwhile impact. The good thing (for Arsenal fans) is that I believe Arteta should have the awareness and flexibility to change things if need be.

• The topic was unpinned

We need a serious midfield upgrade, everyone always bemoans our defence but our midfield has been bottom half standard for about a year now. Ever since Ramsey's departure and Ozil's absolute nose dive. We need at least 2 massive signings there before the end of the window. 

I think other issues is how long certain players have lasted here. Elneny is going into his 6th year at the club, Mustafi his 5th, Kolasinac and Lacazette their 4th, Chambers his 7th. Not to mention Sokratis is still lurking and for some reason we've added Cedric and Mari who have done very little to improve us. We need to start really pushing people out the door even if the money we get is low. 

How can they give a penalty for a deflected ball at Old Trafford and not give one for the exact same thing against Arsenal??? If we are to assume that the one at old Trafford was given because the player had their arm out regardless of intent then the exact same rule needed to be applied against Arsenal in this case... Inconsistency from refs is what ruins the game.. It's should be one or the other.. make your minds up and remove all this grey judgement call crap.. 

Archived