talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Nathaniel Clyne Training With Crystal Palace

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shame how badly injuries rocked his career. There was a time when he was just about the only LFC defender I rated. Him getting injured right around the time Trent broke through was pretty bad luck for him.

I wish him well and good health wherever he turns up.

7 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I'm not fussed either way if the wages are reasonable. I havent been impressed with his actions towards us and Neil Warnock in the past but at the end of the day football is a business and if we can find a common ground that benefits both parties then so be it.

It's ironic how often this happens.

Players leave for greener grasses and then for whatever reason, struggle and eventually down the line, come crawling back with a tail between their legs.

Palace have obviously had a few injuries to contend with so I get why they would look at this option from a financial perspective but if I was them, I'd play hardball and get him on as low wages as possible to see how much he wanted the move.

7 minutes ago, Lucas said:

It's ironic how often this happens.

Players leave for greener grasses and then for whatever reason, struggle and eventually down the line, come crawling back with a tail between their legs.

Tbf, I think it's pretty harsh to blame him for struggling with us. He came in, looked pretty quality imo, but got a bad injury right when Trent Alexander-Arnold was coming through the ranks. And Trent's breakout was remarkably good and he fit Klopp's system much better than Clyne.

I don't think Clyne's a bad player, just pretty fucking unlucky.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Tbf, I think it's pretty harsh to blame him for struggling with us. He came in, looked pretty quality imo, but got a bad injury right when Trent Alexander-Arnold was coming through the ranks. And Trent's breakout was remarkably good and he fit Klopp's system much better than Clyne.

I don't think Clyne's a bad player, just pretty fucking unlucky.

I don't blame him for struggling with you at all. Injuries are unfortunate. It's completely un-Liverpool related.

However, I do find a certain funny side to things that a player left a club he came through the youth with, who basically gave him the opportunity to shine, for bigger and better things, and now he is in the position where he's basically hoping they show gratitude and sort him out.

Personally, given its the club that initially made him, it's my feeling that he should be in debt to them and willing to play for them as cheap as they seem fit.

As @The Palace Fan said, if it's cheap wages then it is fine. I don't really think he is in the position to be choosy so they shouldn't pay him too high.

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived